ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

So now a Focus and Golf are Clio competitors?

WTF? The Golf in comparable spec would be at least £30k, and that's before we even get started on the fact that it's in a different market segment.

No wonder the intelligent community here is gradually moving elsewhere. No offence intended to any individuals of course.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

So now a Focus and Golf are Clio competitors?

WTF? The Golf in comparable spec would be at least £30k, and that's before we even get started on the fact that it's in a different market segment.

No wonder the intelligent community here is gradually moving elsewhere. No offence intended to any individuals of course.

Im not sure you can make a statement like that without causing offence.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

It's lighter, more tuneable, bound to handle better, can change gear quicker, what's not to like?

If I was in a position to buy a brand new car again, I'd be very tempted.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Really wish the price would hurry up, I'm on verge of getting a new car, tax free FTW.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Once someone throws some springs and spacers at one, all the doubters will be knocking one out over them.

I think they'll look epic.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

I notice you didn't mention the ST (because it doesn't fit with your argument) which is actually (if the 22k price for the clio is confirmed) very simliar in price.

And LOL at intelligent community comment. Think a lot of yourself do you?

It won't be anywhere near 22k and it's no where near as big as a Focus/Golf/Megane. Renault aren't about to cannibalise sales across platforms; it fits into a very defined segment.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Its the same size as a mk3, if not a bit smaller looking. Has a lower roof for sure. Local garage has one in the showroom same spec as the one in the advert. Looks lovely. As said, in the flesh they look great, much better than anything they've done in a long time imo. Massively dated the current megane also

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Oh my god, that's so slow. Why is it yellow? Why isn't is aggresive enough? Why isn't Jean Raganotti's signature on the inside of the windscreen in his blood? Why isn't it a Golf? Why is it slow? Why is the front badge so big? Why has has it got 5 doors? Why is it a paddle shift gear box? Why isn't it a Focus? Why is it slow? Why is it a Clio? Why is it the same size as a Megane? Why is it slow?

Fabia VRS & Yeti

I think I prefer the front of the non sport for some reason? It looks neater.

Iceberg 172 cup

I have been reading the posted articles, looking at the pictures and hasn't come to any decision on whether I liked this new clio or not. Sure at first I hated the idea of 4 doors and the turbo taking the character of the car away. But with the way modern cars are evolving and costs of N/A engines going up for both manufacturer and customer, an efficient working turbo isn't such a bad idea. Just as important are the looks, I was just as sceptical as some of those who really disliked the large badge, silly door things etc. I wouldn't go as far to say I hated it but I really wasn't going to go to my local dealership and hand over a deposit. With that, I was in a local dealership checking the new/old bonnet catch recall (turns out it needs doing) and they had the new clio in the showroom, not the RS. It looked 10x better than the photos of it, all the shapes and lines that do look ugly in pics actually fit the car, and dare I say looks better than the previous mk3, a real head turner. Now I can honestly say I am excited for the RS version!! And before there's anymore "Don't like the look of that its s**t, looks like everything else!!" Just go and have a look for yourself. Essay over.

Clio 200

Surprisingly it does though (look better in the flesh) My personal opinion is it is a better looker than the 200 tbh. And when i get to see more i'll probably raise that to the 197 too.

It seems that it is mostly 'young' people who get hung up about 5 door.

When i saw it in the flesh i was impressed at how unlike a 5 door it looks. It has a good wide presence with the flare on the rear arches.

It is history repeating. The hate at the 197 not looking aggressive enough when it came out was comedy gold. Likewise for the 200. We'll have just exactly the same when this new clio is replaced. It will be claimed the new clio has gone soft and i'll keep my aggressive and Hardcore 200T lol

Embrace change. As this change is looking very epic.

Not 'young' here (sadly:(), but still passionate.

182 cup

Gday guys was waiting for someone to post this but nobody did so i thought i'd register to give you guys a bit more info and vision on the new Clio RS 200 edc, instead of just lurking and laughing at all the w@nkers thinking Renault owes them something "a car of their own design" when infact they have already given them half a dozen of the great drivers cars to drive and own. Oh and how good they all are at gear changing with a "manual" like its never been done before hahaha. Or your a dud for driving a dsg or its a deal braker not to have Brembo's ? If they were my kids i'd foot them up the arse haha.

Anyway here it is boys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNXG-SCtii8 enjoy.

Good first post ? Oh g'day everyone cheers.......

Damo

Clio 200

Oh my god, that's so slow. Why is it yellow? Why isn't is aggresive enough? Why isn't Jean Raganotti's signature on the inside of the windscreen in his blood? Why isn't it a Golf? Why is it slow? Why is the front badge so big? Why has has it got 5 doors? Why is it a paddle shift gear box? Why isn't it a Focus? Why is it slow? Why is it a Clio? Why is it the same size as a Megane? Why is it slow?
Do you realise, you've not answered a single question.:)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

It's a summary of all the little bitches in here that are whining about something they know absolutley nothing about.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

You'll be back in an RS Clio before long anyway Ally ;) you know the drill about leaving :eek:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

That looked nice in the video above. Especially the LY on track, some points it looked like a 3 door.
I like it

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

To be fair if you look at the cars of those who are moaning they're generally the younger members with older poverty cliosports (or not even sports in some cases) and will never be able to afford one for a few years anyway, green eyed monster and all that i'd say.

I love it but as said, I worry about Renaults capability to make a flappy paddle gearbox that can last. - hope to be proven wrong.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

I'm pretty sure Nissan can make a good gearbox though......

Clio 200

It's a summary of all the little b**ches in here that are whining about something they know absolutley nothing about.
Oh really?
I know it has five doors.
'know nothing' theory dispelled.

182 cup

The gearbox isn't made by Renault it's not made by Nissan either it's made by Getrag, and they make some of the world's best boxes for a living and for a long time I might say.

Damo

130i Road, 172 Track

Did a quick 'shop on better wheels. Thoughts?

8478306234_cb0201c8ff_b.jpg

pearl white ultraleggs by www.autofocus.net.au, on Flickr

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Better... if you could photoshop a new front bumper, bonnet, lights, rear doors and rear 3/4 as well then we might be getting somewhere :)

Clio 200

If you look at the on board shot at the 3.50 mark on that video, he has to take his hands off the wheel to change gear as the paddles are mounted on the column. Who thought that was a good design? You would want the paddles to turn with the wheel no?
Well-spotted and it appears to that folk are split, looking at articles on t'internet – column or steering wheel mounted, it produces quite a debate.
My partner has Smart Brabus Roadster Coupé with wheel-mounted flaps and though they follow the wheel round they're still sometimes not in the right place when you want to make that change. However, if they were column mounted, that would be just as bad. In those instances, (if I find myself driving it) I find I use the sequential selection of the gearstick, as it's much handier and always in the same place!

182 cup

If you look at the on board shot at the 3.50 mark on that video, he has to take his hands off the wheel to change gear as the paddles are mounted on the column. Who thought that was a good design? You would want the paddles to turn with the wheel no?

With this design you SLIDE your hand a few inches and with the flick of the wrist change gear he didn't have to let go, not used to it i'd say?

Steering wheel mounted paddles will compromise your hand positioning and grip on the wheel, you know where they are and it's in the back of your mind your thinking about it, not so much street but track day and races because wheel mounted are usually small + slim and your fingers don't get around the back of the wheel properly because they are like a button. And couldn't be made bigger due to clearance, think how much of a gap there would have to be to allow your hand to grip the wheel and have some clearance so as not to drag you knuckle everytime you changed lane - unless you dont have to take your hands off the wheel and you have a 1 turn lock to lock car then they are the ducks nuts, F1 anyone?

Renault sport are the best at doing what they do, for the most part they make exceptional driving machines that EMBARRASS much more expensive machinery and at a thrill a minute. This car will be within a few seconds of the new Mini GP's time @ the Ring if not as quick mark my words and the next Megane will go under an 8 minute lap as well. These guys don't do after thoughts.

182 cup

The problem for them is that the economy is about to implode in Britain and currency is about to be devalued by 25%. So whatever price these come out at, they will go up 25% at some point. That is their main market fubar'd.

It looks like a good base car, but should be 15k and come with everything.

Your clearly in the know or selling insurance? Do you have any tip for us on the stock market to avoid this end of world scenario ?

In fact if thats the case all cars will go up by the same amount so nothing will change ?

15 grand you, i and everyone else on here wishes. So lets just wait till its reviewed and everyone can see how quick and great it is and how it better in every way than all the clios before it, well except for the Manual gearbox and Brembo thingy. Because we all know it wont be able to stop without Brembo's!!!!!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

flol @ 15k

Delusional.