ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Clio GT 1.6
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

Hope there are some nice offers on this car when released!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

There will be a PCP offer when prices are announced. Don't as me what it will be as i haven't got a clue!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

A Mk3 5-door versus a Mk4 5-door will be circa 100kg lighter.

The reason the new Mk4 RS Clios is only 35 kgs or so lighter than the current RS200, is because it's going from a 3-door to a 5-door bodyshell.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1

Some may remember this guy from a video posted in the past (Maxing a PH1 with a cracked windscreen)

Look's like he's tested the 90HP version's top speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
  RB Clio 182

Im just unsure on the front, the diamonds bigger than my left plum when i had mumps! :S

Clio GT 1.6

There will be a PCP offer when prices are announced. Don't as me what it will be as i haven't got a clue!

Hope so! Taking in mind the price increase, what were the pcp deals for the previous clio 200 on launch or few months after?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

Hope so! Taking in mind the price increase, what were the pcp deals for the previous clio 200 on launch or few months after?

Not sure if it was at launch or later on but at one point wasn't it £199 deposit, £199 a month?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

A deal like that would be awesome! Like you say though. It probably won't happen again.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

That was way after launch and you'll not see a deal like that again!

Certainly won't, that was an epic deal.

Although with the deals on current vxrs etc I imagine the deal will still be great.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Currently in renault while the 182 has the bonnet catch checked...

Looking at the new clio the pics do not do the car and justice, it looks fantastic in the flesh, i think id rather have a black dash than red or whatever colour they would come in, other than that i love everything about it..

The 2 that were available for road test were out so never got chance to take one out but i will deffinatly be taking an RS for a test drive to see what its like!

Clio 172 RS2

Launch!?
Launch control #F1

"It drives the front wheels via a six-speed twin-clutch gearbox, which can be manually controlled via steering column (rather than wheel) mounted paddles and boasts a launch control function."

This made me chuckle.:
http://photos.evo.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_1124/car_photo_562105_25.jpg

Race Mode with GT-R style graphs.

- GB Clutch Temp

source: http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/288214/renaultsport_clio_200_turbo_official_specs.html

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

Currently in renault while the 182 has the bonnet catch checked...

Looking at the new clio the pics do not do the car and justice, it looks fantastic in the flesh, i think id rather have a black dash than red or whatever colour they would come in, other than that i love everything about it..

The 2 that were available for road test were out so never got chance to take one out but i will deffinatly be taking an RS for a test drive to see what its like!

The pictures really don't capture this car to well at all like.

Inside looks fine but really dont like front, rear, wing mirror design, sides. The sound option just sounds uber chav.

Any pricing confirmed so far?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Inside looks fine but really dont like front, rear, wing mirror design, sides. The sound option just sounds uber chav.

Any pricing confirmed so far?
tbh it's just a bit of fun - it's only an app on the R-link (just like you have apps on your iPhone) you don't have to use it. No prices until the 28th :)

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

I like the look of these alot however it all sounds far too technical for Renault imo, will be surprised if we don't hear of lots of electric problems and gearbox replacements in the next couple of years.

oh and just FYI, that engine in the Juke (it is the same engine right?) gets less than 25mpg if you like to put your foot down a bit (alot of threads on the juke forum complaining about the fuel consumption on the 1.6 dig-t, also complain about it sounding really whiney), of course the Juke is slightly heavier but in terms of fuel efficiency i'd be expecting around 30 overall unless you drive it like its a 1.2 in which case why bother buying the quick one in the first place.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

It's all Nissan technology shared through the Alliance. Also, it's not Renault of old any more, all the perceptions linked with poor quality mechanicals go back to the Laguna 3 days. Nissan certainly know how to make an engine and a gearbox. Renaultsport certainly know how to make a hot hatch. It's going to be fantastic I reckon.

I'd say you're right about the MPG, however Juke is a taller car, and heavier, so that's going to effect things. Road tax is miles cheaper, as is maintenance (on the whole).

Will be good to get a drive either way!
I like the look of these alot however it all sounds far too technical for Renault imo, will be surprised if we don't hear of lots of electric problems and gearbox replacements in the next couple of years.

oh and just FYI, that engine in the Juke (it is the same engine right?) gets less than 25mpg if you like to put your foot down a bit (alot of threads on the juke forum complaining about the fuel consumption on the 1.6 dig-t, also complain about it sounding really whiney), of course the Juke is slightly heavier but in terms of fuel efficiency i'd be expecting around 30 overall unless you drive it like its a 1.2 in which case why bother buying the quick one in the first place.

Mini Cooper S sport

I love it! Think it looks awesome, really aggressive. A massive improvement on the current model, I don't even mind the 5 doors!

I'd have one.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

I'm with funkster. 200 never did much for me tbh compared to 197. About time it got freshened up.

182 CUP

It will be an epic drive, how could it not be. I love the interior, i love the techno as well. It just looks crap, granted I haven't seen it in the metal, but i cant see it magically turning in to something i would like when i do. I can understand rens reasons for designing it as a 5 door as it covers more bases. You will get petrol heads like us lot buying it for track days and hot hatch fun, then you've got so many other potential markets. I think it'll be a massive winner for ren, while alienating a lot of its hardcore fans, us lot. To me it just looks to much like a seat or something like that, it would have to more than an epic drive for me to be seen in 1.

Clio 200

It will be an epic drive, how could it not be. I love the interior, i love the techno as well. It just looks crap, granted I haven't seen it in the metal, but i cant see it magically turning in to something i would like when i do. I can understand rens reasons for designing it as a 5 door as it covers more bases. You will get petrol heads like us lot buying it for track days and hot hatch fun, then you've got so many other potential markets. I think it'll be a massive winner for ren, while alienating a lot of its hardcore fans, us lot. To me it just looks to much like a seat or something like that, it would have to more than an epic drive for me to be seen in 1.

Exactly how I feel. Slightly sad. I just can't see the five doors or bust approach being the norm, so I live in hope that one day I will get to drive something similar which doesn't look like I may have baby seats in the back. In the meantime I'll continue to enjoy my hardcore 200.

182 CUP

Exactly how I feel. Slightly sad. I just can't see the five doors or bust approach being the norm, so I live in hope that one day I will get to drive something similar which doesn't look like I may have baby seats in the back. In the meantime I'll continue to enjoy my hardcore 200.
Ive just bought the btm exhaust for my 182, so i'm more than happy to carry enjoying it.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Surprisingly it does though (look better in the flesh) My personal opinion is it is a better looker than the 200 tbh. And when i get to see more i'll probably raise that to the 197 too.

It seems that it is mostly 'young' people who get hung up about 5 door.

When i saw it in the flesh i was impressed at how unlike a 5 door it looks. It has a good wide presence with the flare on the rear arches.

It is history repeating. The hate at the 197 not looking aggressive enough when it came out was comedy gold. Likewise for the 200. We'll have just exactly the same when this new clio is replaced. It will be claimed the new clio has gone soft and i'll keep my aggressive and Hardcore 200T lol

Embrace change. As this change is looking very epic.

LOL at hardcore 200. Is that a joke? Just as I predicted. 200 was last of the old skool, man :eek:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

No that is the 200t

182 CUP

I'm not that bothered i guess, about it being 5 door. But traditionally surely the hot clio should be 3 door? Maybe if it was a bit more like this http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...-type-r-fd2-4-door-saloon-2007-57-reg/1056580 i wouldn't be bothered in the slightest, but its not is it. As I've said i think the car will be a success being aimed at a lot of different markets, that's the only reason its a 5 door, although the 5 door 225 meg was a bit of a flop. I suppose in these current economic times who can blame ren for the design. As has been said already, the 1st versions of a new shape are quite lame until they get spiced up over time and evolution. I think until i actually see 1 and maybe test drive 1, I'll reserve judgement for now, that's not to say I'm not disappointed though. All that said, i couldn't afford 1 at the moment anyway,lol. Now...if they did a rep of the new cup racer with say 250 bhp...i might find the money;)

RB 182 FF Cup

id rather dump in my own hand a clap an inch from my face than be seen driving that...... no doubt its fast and handles well (hopefully) but its now the same size as the meganes used to be with like 400cc less? how much crack did they smoke when the nissan/renault boys designed this?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean

id rather dump in my own hand a clap an inch from my face than be seen driving that...... no doubt its fast and handles well (hopefully) but its now the same size as the meganes used to be with like 400cc less? how much crack did they smoke when the nissan/renault boys designed this?

It isn't the same size.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

And? It's still a 200bhp hot hatch. It's not a rival to a Golf/Astra/Focus either.

So many absurd statement's in here its laughable.