ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT dci or Twingo 133 Cup

Not a 320d
Thought it only came in the 100??

Loads of girls like my car, actually gets a bit of attention. Ive had people having a look round it and people give me the thumbs up various times.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i'm 6'2 so i am worried about being cramped in it :( lol. Going to the stealers tomorrow i think for a looksie so that will be when i make my choice :)

You should be fine , im 6'5 and felt fine in it when I test drove one :)

granted that was only a test drive and wasnt long but I felt comfy enough

ValverInBits
if your doing that many miles, I'd question a clio or twingo at all. Are they motorway miles or have you got a cross-country drive to work (i know i do atm!)

Having driven a few diesels, i can honestly say that they are not worth the MPG savings IMHO. They just don't drive like a car should. You can have a great chassis and then completely ruin it with a diesel.
Consider looking into something LPG converted maybe?

TT 225+
Right then! now we have a new forum up i can give my verdict :)

so i drove all 3, 133, gt dci and 1.6. The twingo was first, got in it and my dirst thoughts were that it looked a bit cheap and the steering wheel was huge! felt a bit cramped and generaly uncomfy. it definately went though but needed to be worked hard.

The 1.6 gt, interior was awesome! i loved it, dead comfy and lots more space than my current clio. only had a quick drive as i wasnt really after a 1.6. did feel underpowered tbh, needed something extra (turbo) lol

the dci on the other hand i loved, felt much quicker because of the torque, lots of low down lazy power, which suited my driving style more i feel. i just like boost and the sound of the turbo spooling up :) haha

so i shall be ordering a GW clio GT dci in the near future me thinks :)

Not a 320d
The engine does change completely at 5000 miles. Im sure Other GT owners will agree.

But it is a 1.6.

114lb-ft isnt much, and theres a huge torque drop at 5000rpm, and a nasty flat spot just after. Im hoping having it mapped will sort it, but i doubt it.

Id love the torque of the diazzle, but couldnt live with the 4500rpm limit (Or thereabouts).

I would go with the Twingo!! The clio GT just seems like a standard clio with a couple of splitters added :dead:

Where as the twingo RS is part of the 'Renault sport ' range :) and it also looks about a thousand times better. I dunno the Twingo RS just seems like its got a lot more character? and Ive only ever seen 1 on the road and ive seen a fair few GTs.. Also i can see you getting bored of the derv, they get boring quick! I remember when i 1st drove my mums HDI and i was pretty amazed! Then after a few times driving it i hate it. Once its got over its bit of torque its boring and flat as a fart.. runs out of steam at about 4.5k which is the same with most dervs.

But yeah its up to you, pick the one you prefer! Hope you enjoy what ever you get :D

TT 225+
dealer offered me metallic paint for free today so im unsure of what colour to go for now (not malta blue) haha

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
And what reg would a 330d be at that price. ?

'02/52 with about 90-100k i would have thought.

Although, if your buying a derv to save money, does it really matter how old it is? A brand new clio derv will lose about £3k as soon as you drive it off the forcourt ... gosh, thats economical motoring. FLOL.

I guarantee that over 12 months, including all costs, a £7k 330d will cost less to run than a brand new clio derv.

Not a 320d
'02/52 with about 90-100k i would have thought.

Although, if your buying a derv to save money, does it really matter how old it is? A brand new clio derv will lose about £3k as soon as you drive it off the forcourt ... gosh, thats economical motoring. FLOL.

I guarantee that over 12 months, including all costs, a £7k 330d will cost less to run than a brand new clio derv.

Whats got up your arse?

Not everyone wants to drive about in an 8 year old car with 100,000 miles on the clock. Surely if I or Tom wants to drive about in a brand new Clio GT then its up to us? I knew full well what other cars were available, for the 11.5K i spent on the clio, s**t i could of had 3 Clio 172's for that and insured them or an R27 Clio.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Whats got up your arse?

Not everyone wants to drive about in an 8 year old car with 100,000 miles on the clock. Surely if I or Tom wants to drive about in a brand new Clio GT then its up to us? I knew full well what other cars were available, for the 11.5K i spent on the clio, s**t i could of had 3 Clio 172's for that and insured them or an R27 Clio.

Nice mature response there.

I am merely trying to point out that buying a brand new diesel for money saving reasons isnt as awesome an idea as many people think. As you so rightly point out though, its entirely up to you what you choose to do.

TT 225+
i dont have 7k to spend though lol. I'm buying on finance so i cant even afford to buy a 172 and insure that. As a student, i feel it is the best option for me rather than buying a £1k shitbox, granted i could get something like a saxo vtr, or a 106 or something, would be amazing fun stripped and slammed but i'm not sure if i'd want to do 12k in a stripped out saxo. Although i would like to buy because it gives me an asset which is better than having finance in some ways.

TT 225+
haha i know, tying myself into a contract probably isn't the best of ideas. The more i think about it i feel i probably shouldn't. If money gets tight and i cant afford it then i'm screwed, at least with my own car i can sell up if i have to. I think i'm just getting greedy. Young and stupid ftl haha. At least i gave myself some time to think rather than signing my life away there and then lol

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Well he's obviously got the means to afford it, so I'm guessing a decent part-time, even full-time evening job or something? Nowt wrong if he can afford it.

TT 225+
i do, but if i happen to drop out or i dont get a job straight away then i can say bye bye to a good credit score, then i'll struggle to get a mortgage later on

TT 225+
i deffo cant afford to buy one outright lol. I'm just feeling now that i should buy my own, its then mine to do what i want with, but i'm not sure what to buy lol