ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT dci or Twingo 133 Cup

TT 225+
I know most of you will say this is a no brainer and to go for the twingo, but, the GT has a much better interior, more toys and is cheaper to run (finance deal) so i'm unsure which to get.

I'd love the twingo. but i'm just worried that it would get a bit tiresome on long journeys, i do 12-14k a year, and that it's too small. But i know it will put a smile on my face :)

The GT would be much more confortable on long journeys and the extra toys would be useful, and would have a big lump of torque. I can see me getting bored of it though.

If the twingo owners can tell me what its like to use every day that would be great. I dont think there is anyone with a dci gt lol.

Maybe i should just man the f**k up and get the twingo lol

Not a 320d
Twingo, but why are you asking this if your doing 14k a year. DCI it is then. I go through phases with my GT. Sometimes i love it, and most of the time, i hate its guts. You may have the torque, but iirc, my 1.2 16v mk2 got to 60 just as fast as the DCI. I sometimes wonder if the 128GT is actually any faster.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Not a chance. The Gt has 106bhp, slightly heavier than the previous but better box. No way would a 1.2 16v keep up.

Not a 320d
Not a chance. The Gt has 106bhp, slightly heavier than the previous but better box. No way would a 1.2 16v keep up.

To 60, id be willing to bet it woult atleast sit on its arse.

The Twingo would get tiresome I reckon. But it'd also be 10x more fun on all roads than the Clio.

I often wonder why i didnt just buy the Twngo and just put up with the arse end of it as im not fond of it.

The i reassure myself by googling this photo.

http://cdn-www.rsportscars.com/imag...t-twingo-renaultsport-2009-interior-seats.jpg

(big pic)

HOWEVER, i look at these and im like hmmmm.

2009-Renaultsport-Twingo-133-Cup-Rear-Angle-View-588x409.jpg

2009-Renaultsport-Twingo-133-Cup-Front-Angle-View-588x391.jpg

Lotus Exige, 182
I'm pretty sure the twingo cup also doesn't have air conditioning as standard - I wouldn't buy a car without it now!

Not a 320d
i really dont like the twingo interior tbh, steering wheel is hideous :(

So is the dash layout. If you want ill get some pics of my GT inside. If you want pics of mine, search my username, but mine is on coilovers.

GT it is. at 70mph with cruise on, the 1.6 does 38-40mpg, which i think is pretty good.

TT 225+
I've seen the GT interior and i really like it, it would be getting lowered if igot one anyway, you could live in the standard arch gap!

The twingo interior looks quite cheap, but its quite funky. At least its not bland like the clio.

The back end doesn't photo well, and I dont think it looks that bad in the metal.
My brothers -

DSC_0791.jpg

Not a 320d
The twingo interior looks quite cheap, but its quite funky. At least its not bland like the clio.

The back end doesn't photo well, and I dont think it looks that bad in the metal.
My brothers -

DSC_0791.jpg

Bland?

And the Twingo's isnt??

LOL

320d
It would be fine, people do a lot more than 14K a year in cars a lot less comfortable than a Twingo 133.

TT 225+
Yeah, i could bear it i think, i've managed to to 14k in a 1.2 lol

would just be nice to have a derv wagon with a 6 speed box, i'm like an old man already lol

TT 225+
Not inside it isnt. In fact I wouldn't say its bland at all.
It's most definately not bland, i love the central rev counter, i just think it looks like an upmarket version of what is already have (mk2 expression)

TT 225+
Well its not my cup of tea. Bland, okay maybe not, but its plastic. So is my clio but hey atleast my dashboard is made from sort of cheap plastic rubber.

yeah, its the steering wheel i cant get over, looks a 90's throwback and its mahoosive!

Is there a remap available for the dci?

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Why would you want to anyway? Get a 2nd hand VAG tdi if you want more power. Clio is perfect as is. Orrrr get a 2nd hand 100 and map it.

TT 225+
i'm not sure really lol just for the sake of it. Leaning more towards the twingo tbh, would be so much more fun, and at 19, fun is what i want tbh

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Cool. Why don't you get a cheap 65 then for the high mileage journeys and buy the Twingo for the weekends/weeknights?

Just a though.

TT 225+
can't afford to run 2 cars, student lol, and if you're wondering how i can afford a new car its finance innit :)

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Nah I wasn't wondering lol.

dCi 65 would be really cheap though. Ach well, no doubt the Twingo would be more fun, but the dCi would keep it's value better and cope very well with the miles, plus mpg and tax and insurance purposes too. Final choice is yours, my lord.

Not a 320d
can't afford to run 2 cars, student lol, and if you're wondering how i can afford a new car its finance innit :)

Exactly. I chose the 1.6 because i didnt want to be paying stupid insurance for a 197, at the time i also liked the GT. I didnt go for finance either, i just paid it off in full.

So whats it to be.

Decide which interior you prefer. I went for the GT obviously. My main choice was between the Twingo RS and the GT. Went for the GT because I preferred the interior, and i thought the interior was slightly larger. Twingo was a bit too small for me, and i hate the rear end. I also HATE the interior. I dont like the layout and the design is a bit s**t for me, + the quality was shoite. I didnt like the seats, stering wheel or the fact it had 5 gears. Its still a bit quicker and its very chuckable.

Id go test drive both and have a think which one you prefer.

TT 225+
yeah i'm 6'2 so i am worried about being cramped in it :( lol. Going to the stealers tomorrow i think for a looksie so that will be when i make my choice :)

the clios interior is nice place to be imo the only gt id even consider is the dci it will be more punchy an quicker in the real world lower tax better mpg lower insurence

the twingo just doesn't feel special unless you drive it hard the inside just lets down its to chunky i dont understand why they didn't give it a trip computer tbh

BMW M Lite
If you want the sensible option then its the GT. It'll be comfortable on long journeys, cheap on fuel and tax, have better residuals and I would dare to say it's better built. You in the long run will have more money in your pocket and a nice looking new car. I had this dilemma and to save money to spend on my hot girlfriend I settled for a Skoda Fabia VRS.

But who wants to be sensible...

If you want to look cool, impress girls and laugh in the face of dervs then get the RS 133. It looks way cooler, handles better and will put a smile on your face every time you drive it. When you get off a long motorway slug and hit the B roads you'll thank the gods you bought it because you'll be chucking it round and enjoying your life. I had this dilemma and after my hot girlfriend dumped me for driving a diesel (maybe not the real reason but meh) and no other women would give me a second look in my well built and reliable diesel hatchback I bought my current RS 200 and now I'm beating them off with sticks!

My sensible side says buy the GT. My bad side says buy the RS 133, because if you don't now, you will later! Trust me, I had this dilemma...

BMW M Lite
Not sure the 133 will impress any girls in the way you mean! They may say 'it's cute' etc lol.

But at least that'll get 'em close enough to bundle them in and impress them with the cup suspension and your awesome driving skill!

Ok I may have exaggerated alot of this. Makes a good read though doesn't it?!?

Mini Cooper S
How can a DCi 65 be fun? LOL!

What sort of driving do you do? I reckon the Twingo would get annoying after a while, they're meant to have a really crashy ride. The GT would be a nice comfy car and also have a bit of torque for overtaking etc..

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Not the 65, the GT 106!!

He's already says he covers 14k per year mostly motorway driving (iirc?). This alone puts the diesel streets ahead of the little toy car.