ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio cup 200 opinions

cup 182
i had a shot of my pals one of these and they handle great but i never thought it was good in a straight line and think if i had been turboed it would have been superb
standard it feels slower than 6.9 to 60
my old clio cup 172 would have left it and a pals nurburgring corsa vxr thrashed it
and its only supposed to be half a second quicker to 60 i wouldnt want to race a focus rs or an astra vxr in one anyway
the only thing i liked was the handling and recaro seats but suppose at the price there good value i guess
opinions?

Nissan 350z
It will feel slower because its bigger and heavier than older cars such as the Clio 172, you are deffinately alot more insulated so the sense of speed isnt as immediate. The Clio has never been about straight line speed so unsure why the 200 being slow is a surprise?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The 200's not the fastest thing in a straight line. But with regards to what you were saying the difference between the old 1*2 clios and the 200 is very small. I had a go with my sisters other half who 'had' a cup and I just took it, he's no slouch either. I've also driven countless 1*2's to comment.

F*** all in it mate, just feels slower because it's more refined etc.

And vxr corsas are pretty much the same (standard), theres not much noticable in it. I had a couple (first one not fit for purpose) as a company car in a previous job, They are both strong in their own way. Real world terms though, theres nothing in it.

The corsa does feel quicker because the torque from the turbo & the fact it has a terrible suspension set up on the normal models.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
i had a shot of my pals one of these and they handle great but i never thought it was good in a straight line and think if i had been turboed it would have been superb
my old clio cup 172 would have left it and a pals nurburgring corsa vxr thrashed it
and its only supposed to be half a second quicker to 60 i wouldnt want to race a focus rs or an astra vxr in one anyway
the only thing i liked was the handling and recaro seats but suppose at the price there good value i guess
opinions?

its not aimed at being an Astra VXR or Focus RS beater, that's what the megane is for!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone looked at the 0-62 time on the Clio edc 200RS 4.2secs or is this wrong, about time they beefed up the Clio, as I've never liked the Megane, the Cup model should be a nice ride, on the look out again. ;)

No chance!

I've driven one it's no difference acceleration wise to the old 200 IMO.

Liquid Yellow 200
opinions?

Hey

I have Clio Cup 200 (59 Plate) and Love it. The handling is great and it makes me feel safe so I trust it 100%.

The Focus RS Comment - Have you seen the video on youtube of Clio 200 racing the Focus RS? It goes back to what you were saying about straights the focus leaves clio on the straights but Clio Catches up on the corners.

Link if you want to watch :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae4RqTW5UDU#

but i always this.. It's not about the Car it's about the driver!!:D

Clio RS200 Cup
I've gone from a 450bhp astra VXR to my 2011 clio rs200 cup, it's not the greatest in a straight line but it's not a slow car by any means, it's so much more rewarding and fun in the corners, I don't regret getting mine at all. I love it

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my old standard 200 was neck and neck with a VXR nurb from 0- well into triple figures, nothing in it at all, one minute the clio was pulling the next minute the corsa

only difference ive found with 200 vs 172/182 is the mk2 you can short shift at say 6k and still make plenty progress, the 200 needs 7500 changes or it doesn't shift!, that last 1000rpm from 6500-7500 it flys!