ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 8v issue (video)

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
My mate has got a issue with his 8v Clio 1.2 and he's asked me to have a look. He started it up and the engine was wobbly around light crazy. So initially thought dogbone mount, took his dogbone mount off and it's totally messed up, all the rubber was ripped off totally. So quickly put my dogbone one on to see if it would solve the issue and that it did. He also told me about a horrible noise coming from the front.
So took the Clio out for a run and it makes a horrible noise and it doesn't doesn't run too well at all. He has a emissions light flashing and it's making a horrible sound, you'll hear from the video. Had a look at the exhaust underneath and it doesn't look a OEM exhaust.

hear and see for yourself. Doesn't make the noise when you're coasting or off the throttle but accelerating and on the throttle it makes the noise.

Hope someone can help and he said it's quite urgent.

Cheers
Tom

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Could have been run low on oil, could have lost oil pressure, could have been driven through a flood (that's how I killed a 306 diesel, engine knocked so loud my neighbours thought I was banging saucepans out in the garage! Lol )
In reality, it could have been a few things really.

But I'm guessing a lack of decent maintainance resulting in low oil and subsequently spinning a shell, and a knackered bottom end.

A second hand engine can be had for £100 and a competent DIY-er could do it in a weekend.

Just make sure the new engine has a new Cambelt/water pump and a good service before its fitted.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
That's fooked. At a guess ran out of oil
Could have been run low on oil, could have lost oil pressure, could have been driven through a flood (that's how I killed a 306 diesel, engine knocked so loud my neighbours thought I was banging saucepans out in the garage! Lol )
In reality, it could have been a few things really.

But I'm guessing a lack of decent maintainance resulting in low oil and subsequently spinning a shell, and a knackered bottom end.

A second hand engine can be had for £100 and a competent DIY-er could do it in a weekend.

Just make sure the new engine has a new Cambelt/water pump and a good service before its fitted.

When I was underneath his car there was a lot of oil around his sump plug it seemed, it was wet, and his engine was very very hot after taking it for a minute drive. Seems f****d to me too!

I asked him if it had an oil leak or anything or had a service or anything and his reply was 'I don't know' so judging by that it's most likely not been serviced properly or at all.

Hahhaa banging saucepans in the garage, never heard that one before, is that a technical term? Hahah.

Okay he wasn't best pleased when I told him that but oh well he's considering scrapping it and buying my Clio off me, win win.

Cheers for your help fellas :) appreciate it.