ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4 RS VS Fiesta ST EcoBoost

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Am I reading this correctly???? You've built a 700bhp engine what requires a special clutch from helix to hold down........ AND YOUR ON THE STOCK TURBO??????

Please tell me I've read something wrong here.

Please put a build thread up! I want to see all the parts you've got.

Are you aware just how much intercooling your going to need to get to 200mph?

TTRS, 172 Cup track
Am I reading this correctly???? You've built a 700bhp engine what requires a special clutch from helix to hold down........ AND YOUR ON THE STOCK TURBO??????

Please tell me I've read something wrong here.

Lol no, what I'm saying is that I have more torque with a standard turbo, never mind once my big turbo build is complete.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
No I believe its someone with a slow, lardy, boring r32

You literally sound like a small child with 'daddy issues'.

As for the ST vs 200, interested to see the RS in the flesh as with the ST before making a decision on which I prefer. In reality though I do t think I would buy either brand new, but from what I've read the engines will have potential to make it really fun for what it is.

S2H

RS Clio 200
Sorry to say but this thread pretty much shows why clio197/200 forum is better. Majority of guys on here are pretty cool but there's always one plank.

Oh and TT's are hairdressers cars whether it's got 150bhp or 700, it looks gay.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
He clearly has vag issues, or lack of vag issues.

The promised Fiesta ST vs. Clio R.S. mini comparison:

Both cars are very comparable - modern, turbocharged, with about the same power, quite "normal" from both outside and inside, full of modern technology etc. They both have great seats, good handling, enough torque whenever you ask for it etc.

Yet, Fiesta felt somehow less of a hot hatch than the Clio. I'll give a couple of examples:

The Engine: Fiesta's engine is certainly capable enough but it is just a standard EcoBoost engine and feels almost too polished for a hot hatch. Clio has a similarly spec'd engine but it feels more special and sounds is better (much better, IMO). This makes quite a difference in higher revs where in Clio, you have a nice sound that you will enjoy while the Fiesta feels like it's just noisy for no particularly good reason. Bad for longer trips on a motorway.

The Chassis: Fiesta's is stiff and quite uncomfortable in the city or on bumpy B-roads. That's not a criticism, many cars do that and I would accept it. But then you drive the Clio and wonder how they did that - I drove a Cup chassis and even that was very comfortable in low speeds while still allowing sporty ride in higher speeds. You can feel that in Renault Sport, they did something special to the suspension. In Ford, they have just lowered and stiffen it.

So, both cars are great but the Clio certainly felt more special, while the Fiesta felt "only" like a standard Fiesta with a strong engine and stiff suspension. Of course there are fundamental differences that you may not "forgive" the Clio like the AT but if you're fine with that, and the five doors (which I actually consider a plus), I think the Clio is a better car worth the higher price.

Mark 1 Clio V6
Sorry to say but this thread pretty much shows why clio197/200 forum is better. Majority of guys on here are pretty cool but there's always one plank. Oh and TT's are hairdressers cars whether it's got 150bhp or 700, it looks gay.

so you take the morale high ground, then join in and become a plank.
you are confused!

We are now getting comparisons from real people who have driven both, sounds like a good battle, but I know where my money is on with regards which will be better to drive for those likeminded enthusiasts like we are.

There is an interesting test in Auto Bild this week, comparing Clio R.S., Fiesta ST, 208 GTi, Corsa OPC and Polo GTI. The overall winner was Polo GTI but that's because the score sheet is mainly for standard cars so things like leg room, economy etc. matter. However, for the ones who seek every day usability coupled with driving fun on B-roads (I am certainly one of them), the winner in categories Comfort and "Driving dynamics" (things like driveability, handling, traction, brakes etc.) is Clio. Fiesta ST has almost the same score in "Driving dynamics" (Clio wins by one point only) but it significantly less comfortable to drive.

I would agree with the scores according to my experience.

Listerine & Poledo
TT's are hairdressers cars whether it's got 150bhp or 700, it looks gay.

And an Rs Clio looks like a shopping-trolley with a max power body kit, but let's ignore that for the convenience of the forum

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
And an Rs Clio looks like a shopping-trolley with a max power body kit, but let's ignore that for the convenience of the forum

Ah haaaaa, Then Renault make the Clio RS more grown up... and the forum rejects it.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
I don't care about gaymobiles the ttrs is pretty epic and would have one in a heartbeat

good to hear some propper valid opinions of both cars coming in now

LY 200
Ah haaaaa, Then Renault make the Clio RS more grown up... and the forum rejects it.

As they did with the 182 at first and the 197 and then the 200!

Those same people that hate them now will love them once they become more affordable....

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
The promised Fiesta ST vs. Clio R.S. mini comparison:

Both cars are very comparable - modern, turbocharged, with about the same power, quite "normal" from both outside and inside, full of modern technology etc. They both have great seats, good handling, enough torque whenever you ask for it etc.

Yet, Fiesta felt somehow less of a hot hatch than the Clio. I'll give a couple of examples:

The Engine: Fiesta's engine is certainly capable enough but it is just a standard EcoBoost engine and feels almost too polished for a hot hatch. Clio has a similarly spec'd engine but it feels more special and sounds is better (much better, IMO). This makes quite a difference in higher revs where in Clio, you have a nice sound that you will enjoy while the Fiesta feels like it's just noisy for no particularly good reason. Bad for longer trips on a motorway.

The Chassis: Fiesta's is stiff and quite uncomfortable in the city or on bumpy B-roads. That's not a criticism, many cars do that and I would accept it. But then you drive the Clio and wonder how they did that - I drove a Cup chassis and even that was very comfortable in low speeds while still allowing sporty ride in higher speeds. You can feel that in Renault Sport, they did something special to the suspension. In Ford, they have just lowered and stiffen it.

So, both cars are great but the Clio certainly felt more special, while the Fiesta felt "only" like a standard Fiesta with a strong engine and stiff suspension. Of course there are fundamental differences that you may not "forgive" the Clio like the AT but if you're fine with that, and the five doors (which I actually consider a plus), I think the Clio is a better car worth the higher price.

​Close thread/

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Closing the thread at that point is a better option than keeping it going judging by some of the drivel in the last few pages. It's just turned into a **** fight by the looks of it.

​Pain in the ass going through all the grap to find genuine reviews and links to road tests etc.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Tried a google search?

​notreally going to get serious reviews from cs now are you?

So its okay for someone to post a genuine review with their own opinion for it to just be swamped with pointless drivel and **** fighting?

RDH and PovertyRS sound like a pair of school children having an argument. What's the point in the thread if its just for childish bickering? It's titled Fiesta VS Clio no? So I came in here expecting to see peoples opinions on the 2 different cars, incorrect or correct it's still nice to see other peoples opinions.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
So why close the thread after one opinion? Now the bickering has stopped there's plenty left for lome other reviews from both normal and professional drivers

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
So why close the thread after one opinion? Now the bickering has stopped there's plenty left for lome other reviews from both normal and professional drivers

I wasn't suggesting his was the one and only correct opinion I was pointing out that his post was completely overlooked and the bickering continued. Any way now we're just adding to the drivel so I'm out ;).

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
So its okay for someone to post a genuine review with their own opinion for it to just be swamped with pointless drivel and **** fighting?

RDH and PovertyRS sound like a pair of school children having an argument. What's the point in the thread if its just for childish bickering? It's titled Fiesta VS Clio no? So I came in here expecting to see peoples opinions on the 2 different cars, incorrect or correct it's still nice to see other peoples opinions.

Opinions from people who've probably never seen one, let alone drive one. Despite some of the spam in here, most of its just hot air and speculation anyway.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Group tests out today;

Autocar
1st - Fiesta ST
2nd - Clio 200T
3rd - 208 GTi

AutoExpress
1st - Fiesta ST
2nd - 208 GTi
3rd - Clio 200T

Interesting...

Right..Lets re brand this Fiestasport forum then....

​or not.

You remind me of this Mark.

Fair enough your happy with the Ford, I am happy for you. But please stop ramming it in my face.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Sorry John, I thought this thread had Fiesta ST EcoBoost in the title...

I understand that, and I'm really happy for you. Honestly i think the Ford is good looking and from what I have read a very handy little car. Your enthusiasm is just a bit much for me :)

S2H

RS Clio 200
oops lol

null_zpsc9dcb634.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
AutoExpress I tend to ignore anyway. Especially after Evos comprehensive review of the Gti and it falling short.

Interesting from AutoCar. Will have a read at the write ups. Are they online yet?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I understand that, and I'm really happy for you. Honestly i think the Ford is good looking and from what I have read a very handy little car. Your enthusiasm is just a bit much for me :)

Behave mate. If anything Mark has been very unbiased considering he ordered one!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'd have had a Clio over the ST if I could, but for an extra 3k it makes no sense whatsoever.

My mind was made up, I was going to visit the Renault dealer and order, but with positive ST comments on Twitter from the Harris I gave Ford one chance to hook me and they did.

Part of me still thinks I should have gone Clio for the softer easier life LOL

Oh well, another 5ys 100k in a headbanger for me.