ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182

Hi Guys and girls,

I have a 106 GTI at the mo but Im thinking of getting a 182 for my next car, will probably be next year though. Just wondering if you can give me some good reasons to get one, what you all think of the car, bad points and good points, standard 1/4 mile times ect..

Is the cup pack a worthy add-on?

Thanks.

Mondeo STTDCI

182 is the best hot hatch out there for the money. Dont pay a main dealer any more than £13,500.

Dont go without the Cup packs either, esp the suspension!

Quote: Originally posted by Gav_T on 31 July 2004
Virgin cars are selling the 182 ( i think without cups bits though) for less than 10k brand new!!!

Its an import tho, i phoned them.

Yaris Hybrid

I dont understand this import business. There is obviously a huge shortage of genuine UK models due to the long lead time.

So which country are Renault making these right hand drive import cars for?!???!?!?!?!?!

Surely by now Renault would put their sensible heads on and say:

"hold on, our legit UK buyers who are paying the full whack UK price are being treated like sh1t and kept waiting because we are making right hand drive cars for country X (which probably is LHD) so that the cars can be sold through the back door to the UK at a cut down price. Lets stop supplying these cars to country X and build them to UK spec and send them over through the normal channels. That way we are happy because they are sold for a higher price and the legit UK customer is happy because they get their car in 6 weeks rather than 6 months".

Dont Renault ever wonder why a LHD country is requesting so many RHD cars? Or am I missing something?

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 31 July 2004

Dont Renault ever wonder why a LHD country is requesting so many RHD cars? Or am I missing something?
I dont understand why they dont question this but who cares imports (so long as there not form Cyprus) have the full 3 yr warently. All you have to do is send a leter of to them.

The only think imports dont have is etched glass (no biggie) and no alarm but thereonly £300 or so for one as good if not better than the Renault one. Also imports dont have the suspension pack but you can get some coilovers which should be just as good as the suspension pack.

+ Points

Fast for the money

Lightweight

Well equipt

Does well in mag tests even more so with its price

Good fuel economy

French build quality should start fine evcery day but wmost lilty rattle and some little electric thing will fail

Dealers arnt usually any good.

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 31 July 2004Quote: Originally posted by Gav_T on 31 July 2004Virgin cars are selling the 182 ( i think without cups bits though) for less than 10k brand new!!!

Its an import tho, i phoned them.

Ummm, theyre selling them for a starting price of £11700 - mine (excluding cup bits) was 12300 (met paint, mats, tax & reg etc etc).

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 31 July 2004Quote: Originally posted by edde on 31 July 2004The only think imports dont have is etched glass

What is the etched glass ?

Window etching - i.e. your reg number etched into each window. My insurance company is etching my windows for free. :)
Im getting an alarm fitted to bring mine up to CAT 1 for 249 (fitted) - guaranteed for the lifetime of the car too.

[Edited by b0redtodeath on 7/31/2004 9:38:26 PM]

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by b0redtodeath on 31 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 31 July 2004
Quote: Originally posted by edde on 31 July 2004The only think imports dont have is etched glass

Window etching - i.e. your reg number etched into each window. My insurance company is etching my windows for free. :)
Im getting an alarm fitted to bring mine up to CAT 1 for 249 (fitted) - guaranteed for the lifetime of the car too.

[Edited by b0redtodeath on 7/31/2004 9:38:26 PM]
not true about the etching, it is the number they use to enter you into the national security register, this is better than just your reg number as that can change (like mine will when I get a chance to put my personalised plate on.)

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 31 July 2004
Quote: Originally posted by b0redtodeath on 31 July 2004Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 31 July 2004Quote: Originally posted by edde on 31 July 2004The only think imports dont have is etched glass [/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

[Edited by b0redtodeath on 7/31/2004 9:38:26 PM][/QUOTE]not true about the etching, it is the number they use to enter you into the national security register, this is better than just your reg number as that can change (like mine will when I get a chance to put my personalised plate on.)

I stand corrected :D

Thanks guys, think itll have to be a uk car, so what 1/4 mile times could be expected?

, Big Ian :- My GTI is a 97, though it now has a 02 engine with lots of other things done to it.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Gav_T on 31 July 2004

Virgin cars are selling the 182 ( i think without cups bits though) for less than 10k brand new!!!
Surely they cant be that cheap? Mine was £10,300 with 30% off from a main dealer. £10,800 with Cup packs and metalic paint.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 01 August 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Gav_T on 31 July 2004Virgin cars are selling the 182 ( i think without cups bits though) for less than 10k brand new!!! [/QUOTE]Surely they cant be that cheap?  Mine was £10,300 with 30% off from a main dealer.  £10,800 with Cup packs and metalic paint.

Ditto, hehe ;)