ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 gearbox

Dan097

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi, I’ve owned my clio 182 for just over a month now, last night my car started grinding and clunking while in gear. This affects 1st 2nd and 3rd. 4th and 5th are okay. Was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else I guess I’ll need a new gearbox.
Thanks.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Hi, I’ve owned my clio 182 for just over a month now, last night my car started grinding and clunking while in gear. This affects 1st 2nd and 3rd. 4th and 5th are okay. Was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else I guess I’ll need a new gearbox.
Thanks.
I have a good used gearbox available £300.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The boxes aren’t know for being the best on them. Drop the oil and see if any metal comes out in it.

Cost wise you’re probably better rebuilding than buying used. You’ll know the condition of the rebuilt one rather than buying used that will end up in the same state at some point

Dan097

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The boxes aren’t know for being the best on them. Drop the oil and see if any metal comes out in it.

Cost wise you’re probably better rebuilding than buying used. You’ll know the condition of the rebuilt one rather than buying used that will end up in the same state at some point
Thanks, I’ll drop the oil and see what I find. Was thinking of having it reconditioned so I know it will last.