ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Replaced cam shaft end caps.

Renault Clio 182
Hi just thought id put a few pictures and details on replacing my cam shaft end covers this afternoon on my clio 182.

0BAD7A7A-1A6E-4314-800C-81EB050A63DE_zpszsx6ofzl.jpg

D32E2FF8-3B03-4002-9D18-0430E90CD2D6_zpsijkcnxdd.jpg

I bought the car not that long ago and as you can probably see by the pictures whoever has changed the timing belt last hasn't replaced the cam shaft end caps.

55B7A75E-CF41-4183-BC8A-666845AFCBA8_zps02kspral.jpg

I popped the old caps out with a screwdriver, when doing this I realised how fragile the centre of the caps are so if your replacing them yourself be careful not to put to much pressure on the centre or you will find yourself ordering another set ;).

744B91CE-F8F2-4984-BB3F-194F6C79CC5B_zps4ad1iudf.jpg

I found taking the air box and the throttle valve out gave me a bit more room to work with. I just put some oil on the outside of the cap and used a small rubber mallet to tap the caps in central.

C62B9E6A-F921-4141-AB38-9C2DFA9C9DA8_zpszq8ljz7a.jpg

They're the part number for the 2 caps. I know its not a technical job but I had a bit of trouble finding the drawings which related to the job and whether or not there was a seal behind the caps. You now know there isn't ;), picked the caps up cheap enough and there genuine Renault parts of eBay. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem :). cheers !

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Great guide, thanks for this. Replacing both caps in my 182 because they are cracked causing some oil to leak.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
No idea about anybody else, but i find these a nightmare to knock in with a mallet. Megane is even harder due to lack of room to get a swing