ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 project

I take my hat off to you mate, good job on the smoothing.
I cant wait to see what the front bumper looks like painted.

​Will be watching this thread closely.

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
thanks for that nice comment mate :) not much has been happening recently as i have been busy doing other things and also did a refurb on my mates wheels. a few pictures to follow though. fitted my rear bumper just to give me some motivation and get it done. also after 2 hours, lots of swearing and lots of tools i removed the rear seats for when i fit my sport interior :) the two torx bolts holding the brack just rounded so in the end i got the grinder in and cut the bolts so i could get my mole grips on them. worked out in the end! hopefully next week bumpers should be painted and on. depends though because ive got to spray my dads car but i will try and get them done!

doubt anybody will be interested but here are a couple pictures of my mates wheels finished. they were a right state! massive chunks missing from kerbing
WP_000192_zps37f31386.jpg

WP_000193_zps2cb79817.jpg

WP_000190_zps671139ff.jpg

WP_000196_zpsa2f793fe.jpg

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
Not much to update unfortunately. been busy doing other peoples cars and yesterday was my birthday so didn't go down the yard. ive been down today but ive bee spraying my dads car, but while I was waiting for paint to dry I managed to get some of my new interior in. sorry for the rubbish pictures, my phone didn't like the sun! got the week off next week so im hoping the full interior should be fitted and that my bumpers will finally be painted along with the door handles!!
WP_000213_zps4500b95b.jpg

Birthday present from the girlfriend. love it :)

WP_000215_zps74939f49.jpg

Dads car masked and painted

WP_000214_zps18927690.jpg

closer pic of the car painted. im not really that happy because there is quite a lot of dirt.. hopefully I will be doing a couple bits to try and make the yard a bit better for spraying.

also got a couple pictures of the interior even though they are hard to see

WP_000217_zps1ea15dfd.jpg

WP_000216_zpsc3265fd7.jpg

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
also, has anyone every tried fitting a 182 engine cover to a 1.2 engine? I need a new engine cover and was wondering if its possible with a bit of cutting etc?

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
yeh thats the engine i have and i have one of those engine covers, but i need a new one as the clips broke. i was just hoping someone had attepted the 182 cover but i didnt think it would work. the engine just looks rubish with the 1.2 cover on because you can seethe wires at the top and stuff. oh well :)

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
yeh im going to paint mine blue with a white 1.2 16v sticker. i just really dont like the style of the covers, probably just me being picky!

i was thinking about coloured leads and pipes and decided its really not worth it on a 1.2. all im really worried about is having it nice inside and looking nice from the outside. no point trying to show off a 1.2 bay anyway :p

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
need some help guys. im buying some oz f1's off a mate cheap with the intention to refurb them and sell on for a bit of a profit. in my opinion the best colour would be silver because lots of people want them standard. correct me if you think a different colour (also due to the fact I have half a litre of silver basecoat down the workshop from when I refurbed my mates wheels. also when the wheels are refurbed does anybody have any idea how much I could sell them for? 2 decent tires and 2 that are worn but still legal. may get 2 new or better part worn tires to replace if it would be worth it. so yeh any advice wanted please!

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
Yeh I probably will but I want to do them in a colour most people would be interested in, which I think would be silver anyway. Want a rough price what they will go for refurbed if anyone could give me an idea?

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
No I don't want them returned. I do that myself because im a paint sprayer, I just wanted someone to give me a rough price of what I could sell them for once I have refurbed them

oh right haha my bad :eek:

Have a search on the wanted/for sale on here, people are always wanting them so you could work out a decent price from that

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
Yeh I've seen them go from £150 to £250 so if I can get somewhere in the middle when they are returned I will be happy. The more money I can get towards insurance the better!

Need to pull my finger out and get the car done!

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
got a couple pictures from recently. mainly a couple pictures of the new interior fitted in the back :) still haven't painted the bumpers because ive been to busy working etc. but they will be getting done next week! i also lowered the coilovers more and removed the rear adjusters. i bought some oz f1's off of a mate which i was going to refurb and sell. i fitted them on the car just to see what it looked like and now i have fallen in love with them so dont think they will be getting sold.. they still need a refurb because the paint is bad but i dont know whether to go white or black, because they look good in black and white would be a pain with brake dust etc. also a couple pictures of mine and my mates. he had refurbed his steelies and i have got his alloys now.

WP_000218_zps1db1adad.jpg

WP_000219_zps62ffa621.jpg

WP_000223_zps79a5f87e.jpg

WP_000225_zpsa6d741fa.jpg

WP_000236_zps1539383c.jpg

WP_000237_zps641dd522.jpg

WP_000238_zps22a604f0.jpg

thanks for looking :)

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
haven't uploaded anything on here for a long time! and to be honest not much has really changed with the car.
got both front 182 seats fitted which has finished off the interior, bought and sprayed my 182 spoiler which is a huge improvement over the standard. a couple other things are that I painted my rear bumper but for 2 reasons this will be getting re-done. 1st reason is I had some water in my air line which gave a horrible finish! (cured now I have bought a decent water trap/regulator and 2nd reason is I really wasn't happy with that horrible exhaust cutout so not it has been smoothed over back to the standard shape which I am a lot happier with! I have done a bit more prepping of my alloys between other jobs and have also sandblasted my steels which will be going metallic black like what the alloys will be.
the main reason there hasn't been much change to my car is that I am currently in the process of making a makeshift spray booth down the yard so all my time and money is being spent on that!

couple pictures to follow, will get more in the week to give more of an idea of what I have done.

WP_000245_zpse86545ee.jpg

bumper in the middle of painting

WP_000247_zpsecd0835a.jpg

picture with bumper and spoiler fitted. looks so nice to have a painted bumper! shame its been rubbed down again but will look 10x better :)

WP_000249_zps7cbcf6ba.jpg

Colour coded front calipers. my mate dan did these while I was busy doing other things. he has been a great help the last couple weeks down the yard!

WP_000250_zps78d3d114.jpg

another nose to nose pictures of mine and dans cars after I have lowered mine more. cant wait to get my bumper painted and a splitter on to really see how the front will be.

Any advice welcome

Astra derv
hey its dan here tom's mate im a previous owner of a clio mk1 phase1 valver, welshname what are you on about? if your on about my front bumper on the astra thats how i got it and it will be getting a new bumper at some point! and if your your on about my steelies there nimrod grey and are getting sprayed again different colour! and obviously toms front bumper aint even been painted yet! so dont know what you are on about. hey tom lol thought i would stick my nose in :mad:

Astra derv
Sorry for the spam tom but heres my 1.8 16v valver that was running 160bhp it dont look that nice but didnt bother me as i knew wot it went like,

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/408/0000423.jpg

List of mods il try and remember everythink:

piper 270 cams,
pair adjustable vernifer pulleys,
ecu chipped and remapped,
gas-flowed head,
stainless cat back exhaust (cant remember what make),
decat,
set magnecor kv85 competition leads,
Massive k&n induction kit with cold air feed,
lowered 30mm on spax springs and shocks,

but it sadly died when i was racing a audi a3 turbo (and i was winning) then the oil pump fought it would stop working and that was that sold it to a chap on the clio valver form and he sed he would keep me informed as he was going to rebuild it as he had 3 other valver's but never heard from him.

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
got quite a bit done to the car recently. sidestrips off and rubbed down again as I wasn't happy with them. got a little collection of parts waiting to be painted hopefully tomorrow which include: Front and rear smoothed bumpers (now with exhaust cut out completely smoothed and done), Sidestrips, bullets and mirror caps. also I have my inlet and rocker off so I can finally sort out my rocker seal leak! all I can say is what a pain it is to remove the rocker. on my old 106 it was like 2 bolts, where as on here you have to remove all of the inlet along with other bits just to get to it! but its all stripped now, just waiting for new seal. when I work on the car tomorrow I will make sure I take some pictures because I always forget! did get a couple though..

exhaust cut out gone
WP_000255_zps8bf4c308.jpg

wheels being pressure washed after paint removed. hopefully they will be primed next week. im confused though, my oz f1s are different to all the others ive seen. mine only have 4 bolt holes unlike the actually clio ones which have 8 I think? also I still need spigot rings! so these must be off another car, but I know for a fact they are real f1's :)
WP_000256_zpsfa8ad14c.jpg

Looked really nice with the f1s on. I think spraying them white would look a little ott, whereas black would be nice and subtle.

As you said, they aren't Renault fitment seeing as you need spigot rings but they still look good! :)

hi mate, don't suppose you'd be interested in making me a rear wiper blanking plate would you? im not a fan of the grommit look either and can't find any for sale anywhere and have been told theyre custom jobbiesss. will pay dollars :cool:

Astra derv
hi mate, don't suppose you'd be interested in making me a rear wiper blanking plate would you? im not a fan of the grommit look either and can't find any for sale anywhere and have been told theyre custom jobbiesss. will pay dollars :cool:

Hi, ill text him now for you so he can write back to you in the morning before he goes work otherwise he wont look till he gets back.

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
I know that sprayshack can do them but not sure how much they charge, but Yeh sure I don't mind doing that mate. Drop me a message

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Liking the thread man, I'm a 18year old spray painter too so I'm routing for you're work! Haha, keep the updates coming man

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
I've got rid of that one now. Got a nice black pioneer one which sits better in the dash and looks a lot nicer

Astra derv
i forgot how really ugly that interior looked! glad you've got the 182 interior.

.............OH AND EVERYONE TOM PASTED HIS TEST YESTERDAY YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY............

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
Haha Dan I wasn't going to tell anyone! Cheers nixonbradley, only just noticed your comment. Some of the work im not that happy with but im spraying in a dirty yard with limited tools as opposed to in a booth. Getting some decent polish soon because that's the only thing im annoyed with, after flat and polishing my rear bumper it is still quite dull, but I will be getting some 3m compound and ultra fine polish. Does anyone else who sprays have any other compound and polishes they would recommend instead of 3m? Got pictures to upload of bumpers fitted but haven't had a chance to so it yet.

Astra derv
no your just beening lazy, dirty yard understatement dust everywhere be better when we finish the spray booth.

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2
I'm not being lazy. We got a new computer and it won't upload the photos. Update on the car: insurance sorted! Wallet empty. . Tax tomorrow and then im sorted :)

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Haha Dan I wasn't going to tell anyone! Cheers nixonbradley, only just noticed your comment. Some of the work im not that happy with but im spraying in a dirty yard with limited tools as opposed to in a booth. Getting some decent polish soon because that's the only thing im annoyed with, after flat and polishing my rear bumper it is still quite dull, but I will be getting some 3m compound and ultra fine polish. Does anyone else who sprays have any other compound and polishes they would recommend instead of 3m? Got pictures to upload of bumpers fitted but haven't had a chance to so it yet.

We use the 3m compounds at work, haven't used anything else tbh