ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber bolts - few questions

Ibiza FR
Mainly for the non-sport boys who have got them fitted with rokkor coilovers :)

Is the thread/bolt the same size as the standard bolts?
Did you struggle to get the cam shaped section through the strut?

Reason I ask is because I bought some off venom motorsport, but when fitting them along with coilovers i could not for the life of me fit them, even had my mate had a look- they are just too wide.

So before i go ahead and buy MORE, could you give me a bit of advice - even some pics of the bolts fitted please ;)

cheers

clio mk2 ph2 2001.
I brought my rokker coilovers a few months back, I used the bolts that came off the old shock. Just cleaned them and re loctited them.
Why have you not used the original bolts?

Ibiza FR
in this thread I'm telling everything I know about camber bolts
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?536231-think-these-camber-bolt-are-wrong-(-inc-pic)
do your coilovers have the top hole on the shock elongated?
video explaining how to fit them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mYi5BupEoM
any more questions feel free to ask and I'll help

In that thread i see you mentioned if the holes are elongated then they are useless? The holes on the rokkors are elongated - but everyone on here who has used them has put these bolts in. If i dont need them then I can just take it to get the tracking done and hopefully my problems will be sorted.

RS RIP
when the holes are elongated means you just loosen the bolt (normal one) to adjust the camber , camberbolts are for the struts with round holes

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I've seen someone here complaining about the camber had changed on a track day, he had coilovers with elongated holes. As I understand the top bolts have to be really tight in order to keep the camber. Even so, I think the camber bolts are better in keeping the camber. I'll report if anything changes with mine

RS RIP
Yeah i can imagine they have to be tight, a sudden hit on the suspension could cause it to shift ! I had my doubts about the elongated holes, so have H&R i think as they do'nt sell them anymore like that. Camberbolts will hold better

(i have to say that mine have stuck in place well with the elongated holes with pretty rough driving)

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Mine have been fine so far!

Were really easy to fit and they are tight ;)

I bought some off ebay with advice from JoeyD (the guys such a help!) They are eibach ones for suzuki!
Check his progress thread and a link crops up somewhere!