ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Goliath I
Without reading through the pages of 'Mines showing dispatched' and 'Still not had a confirmation email' posts, can anyone comment on how it plays and compares to both MW2 and Black Ops?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have to get to level 70 again to prestige? Sorry if this has been discussed I've quickly had a look.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Is there some sort of embargo on reviews of this? Usually they are out days before release date.

F'uck it. Just bought it on Steam. I like all my games to be Steamed.

I also thought the same thing about reviews. Gets on my tits TBH. The hype surrounding these games is now laughable. Mainly since the console gimps got in on the party. FFS.

I'd give anything to go back to the days when MoH and CoD were PC games.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Got my Tesco Clubcard Vouchers through yesterday, going to use them at midnight release. Hopefully I'll be able to use the double up offer on it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Can't wait until the angry posts in here about people not getting them on release day.

This is one series I am less likely to pre-order as you're unlikely to get it early, let alone on time.

I'll be at one of the supermarkets tomorrow night to bag a deal hopefully. Need a gold membership so the tescos one is looking good so far, game for £25?

RS6 C7
Ill post what i sent to a mate earlier:
MW3 maps are not very open spaced, There is lots of camping places but it seem to play really well, ACR is the best assault riffle so far, Im yet to unlock the ak47, Best sniper has to be the as50, Pretty much impossible to get a hitmarker and it has a fast fire rate!, Started to enjoy the game now, There is that many different attachments, perks, killstreak options it unbelievable, I think it wil

RS6 C7
My copy and paste failed :(

Ill post what i sent to a mate earlier:
MW3 maps are not very open spaced, There is lots of camping places but it seem to play really well, ACR is the best assault rifle so far, Im yet to unlock the ak47, Best sniper has to be the as50, Pretty much impossible to get a hitmarker and it has a fast fire rate!, Started to enjoy the game now, There is that many different attachments, perks, killstreak options it unbelievable, i think it will take week to work out exactly what does what, Killstreaks are not too overpowered like mw2 which is good, I am yet to even try out theatre mode but im sure it will be as good as black ops if not better, IMO its the most balanced cod so far, The fact that there is s**t loads of people running around with snipers is annoying but i do it so i cant complain :( , Overkill is back (i think it was in cod5 last) so you can carry 2 primary weapons, The levelling up process so far is not bad, Im currently level 60, Its taking a while to go up the ranks now, Its a very fast paced game, I found black ops to be slow paced and i think that lead to its downfall.

1 last thing to add, I purchased a copy for xbox as no ps3 were available, I think im sticking on xbox now as the general connection in games is much better than ps3.

Feel free to add me -DMG Cotball :)

Mountune Tractor
If connection issues are as bad as on ps3 as they were in blops then I'm waving goodbye to this franchise. I have faith in infinity ward though. Have 3 days off this week so will be putting some hours in!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
If connection issues are as bad as on ps3 as they were in blops then I'm waving goodbye to this franchise. I have faith in infinity ward though. Have 3 days off this week so will be putting some hours in!

This is the main reason why I stopped playing my ps3 and bought a 360. Psn is a lag fest for most games especially cod.

LY 182
Just ordered this w/ Amazon yesterday. With a bit of luck it will get shipped and sent to me at work tomorrow but if not it's okay as I'm pretty addicted to Football Manager 12 currently so I can wait a day or two if I have to.

Gonna take awhile for me to get into this I reckon. Black Ops was probably slower and suited my game style more, may get pwned on this one :eek:

AK

M240i
In other news (SPOILER ALERT) a leaked video from the game has appeared online showing a scene likely to cause controversy in the days ahead. The scene portrays the death of a child in a central London terrorist attack.

Activision lawyers have been quick of the mark, with the video pulled from most news sites.

Here's an editorial we ran about the killing of children in games.

Nothing in todays post, which is the first time in 4 years I've not received it a day early :(

In other news (SPOILER ALERT) a leaked video from the game has appeared online showing a scene likely to cause controversy in the days ahead. The scene portrays the death of a child in a central London terrorist attack.

Activision lawyers have been quick of the mark, with the video pulled from most news sites.

Here's an editorial we ran about the killing of children in games.

Saw the video last week before it was pulled.

Was it anything bad? Or just usual media hype?

I'd put it on par with the Russian (irrc) airport scene.

It did show exactly what you posted above.

Little girl walking with her mum, Dad was recording on a camera, and a van parked near the girl blows up, camera drops to the floor. Then the scene cut.

Revels Mum & Sister
I coudlnt wait for my Shopto copy to come so downloaded a copy to get the Single Player out the way! Finished it in 5 and a bit hours. So standard COD length. The scene with the little girl is not that bad. Not like you see her in tatters. There are far worse scenes, not ok to show that (where you dont see anything) but it is ok to show a close up of you cutting someones throat LOL

Anyway the SP is pretty good, more of the same really but that isnt a bad thing. I enjoyed it. Usual frantic COD play. Not played MP and will not till my copy drops on the Mat but looking forward to it.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Anyone know any good deals for midnight release?

Sainsburys are doing £28.99 when you buy £30 worth of food in store. Not sure on midnight release though, will call my local and check later.

I could have sworn Steam Store said released on the 7th. Now I've downloaded the game it says the 8th. Pwnt.

Suppose I better start Uncharted 3 anyway.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
EXM5OFF25-1 = £5 on £25 spend on Tesco Entertainment.

Get the game for £33 with free delivery.

Or wait until tomorrow and get 2100 points and mw3 for £41.99. £5 voucher off £40 spend in yesterdays sun too!

Bus w**ker
I could have sworn Steam Store said released on the 7th. Now I've downloaded the game it says the 8th. Pwnt.

Suppose I better start Uncharted 3 anyway.

Pre-download I think, so you can at least get it installed on your dinosaur gaming device and be ready to stab at your WASD keys like it's 1990 on the 8th.

RS6 C7
Just ordered this w/ Amazon yesterday. With a bit of luck it will get shipped and sent to me at work tomorrow but if not it's okay as I'm pretty addicted to Football Manager 12 currently so I can wait a day or two if I have to.

Gonna take awhile for me to get into this I reckon. Black Ops was probably slower and suited my game style more, may get pwned on this one :eek:

Ive been finding it hard, My black ops kd was over 2, This game its 1.3 at the minute, Should go up rapidly tonight when all the noobs are on :)