ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

MINI FJCW
SP has always been its strong point for me. MP doesn't get touched until I've completed SP, no matter how bad (BLOPs) or buggy (WaW) it is. Best by far has been MW1 though.

But as you say , I can't wait for BF3 MP, squad based games ftw.

Likewise here.

Also, the first Modern Warfare is still the game to beat. None of the other CoD's come close for me, in terms of both SP and MP.

Giulietta 940
Likewise here.

Also, the first Modern Warfare is still the game to beat. None of the other CoD's come close for me, in terms of both SP and MP.

I started playing it again this weekend, its still brilliant. They need to bring back the G3!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just been confirmed on Twitter by fourzerotwo there will be no Stopping Power, OMA, Commando and Nuke other than that will have to wait and see

Ph 1 172
Just been confirmed on Twitter by fourzerotwo there will be no Stopping Power, OMA, Commando and Nuke other than that will have to wait and see

great about stopping power and commando but no nuke? seems a bit gay i liked the nuke

Bus w**ker
I can live with all of those being scraped, hopefully keep all the little camping/knifing/boosting kids away.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Stopping power was fair IMO. Commando and the Nuke was just stupid... No-one likes losing cause someone camped to get a 25 kill streak in an objective based game mode.. fair enough in TDM it's the aim of the game.. but in Domination etc etc it was unfair.

Anyway, im looking forward to this, not as much as BF3 though, and can't wait to see this survivor mode! I like that sorta stuff!

LY 182
Was commando the one where you could sprint like Usain Bolt and knife everybody? That was kinda funny at times...

I'm very very excited for this tbh. Might preorder with my Amazon voucher hmmm.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Yes if they can remove the stupid super knifing which made it more like an episode of Nightmare on Elm Street rather than a FPS than that would be sweet.

Have you guys read all about the new hub style system? Welcome to the start of COD subscriptions everyone...told you you shouldn't have downloaded all the maps!

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/864859-call-of-duty-elite-preview-worth-a-sub

I still havent seen activision say about the maps. Have you got a link to that? Metro are a step of being as factual as the sun most of the time it seems

Mito Sportiva 135
I still havent seen activision say about the maps. Have you got a link to that? Metro are a step of being as factual as the sun most of the time it seems

Totally disagree! The games section on Metro was formerly on C4 teletext, I've been reading for about 15 years now! Absolutely unbiased in their reviews and opinions, and actually genuine gamers...former Edge writer(s) I believe. Best daily gaming website around by a long shot, plus it's free.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Totally disagree! The games section on Metro was formerly on C4 teletext, I've been reading for about 15 years now! Absolutely unbiased in their reviews and opinions, and actually genuine gamers...former Edge writer(s) I believe. Best daily gaming website around by a long shot, plus it's free.

Glad you feel that way about metro, you have a link for activision about the maps?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I know nothing about online gaming ( I Buy COD On Release, complete single player on easy, then on veteran, then trade it in usually within am onth and usually for more than I paid lol) but everyone seems to be moaning that there are no dedicated servers, or is that PC people only?

Giulietta 940
No dedicated servers again? Hmm, I'm torn.

Having just played COD:MW1 all week again, pings are stable, and there are no hackers to speak of (maybe a PB v. VAC issue). However 90% of server admins are complete t***s.

MW2 was laggy a lot of the time, hacked servers, but no admins to kick you for not auto-assigning (or camping :eek:).

On another note, this COD Elite thing is complete bs.

Mito Sportiva 135
Halo Homefront is quite good but certainly wouldn't pay for it...thing about COD though is people get sucked into it all and I can see people paying even if it's no good.

Giulietta 940
I think this time I'll wait a while before I buy it, and it certainly won't be via Steam. I will be pre-ordering BF3 (for the first time!)... I think I've got to the point where I'm fed up of COD and the endless repetition of it all. BF gameplay is a lot more varied affair, and the ability to use vehicles definitely helps. The only point where it is let down imo are the bugs on PC, you only need to look at BF2 and the GBs of patches released for it, and then BFBC2 was ruined due to graphics and server issues etc.

No dedicated servers again? Hmm, I'm torn.

Having just played COD:MW1 all week again, pings are stable, and there are no hackers to speak of (maybe a PB v. VAC issue). However 90% of server admins are complete tw*ts.

MW2 was laggy a lot of the time, hacked servers, but no admins to kick you for not auto-assigning (or camping :eek:).

On another note, this COD Elite thing is complete bs.

I was playing COD4 last night and the complete opposite for me, every game was hacked.

SP has always been its strong point for me. MP doesn't get touched until I've completed SP, no matter how bad (BLOPs) or buggy (WaW) it is.

Definitely with you on that one.

First playthrough on Normal, another on Veteran then I'll try and polish off any achievements that I missed and am actually capable of doing (f**k you Mile High Club), then on to the MP until I realise I'm gash and subsequently give up.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Any mention of last stand getting ditched on this? Thee stupidest perk ever. I also think the team perks are a really bad idea unless you have a clan with 6 players. On general team death match it really isn't a team game it's a bunch of individuals with different levels of ability which the servers won't be able to even out making the game always 1 sided.

AK

M240i
Looking forward to this :D.

Walk past a Tesco first thing in the morning on the way to work so gunna risk it and not pre-order.. see what happens..

Any mention of last stand getting ditched on this? Thee stupidest perk ever. I also think the team perks are a really bad idea unless you have a clan with 6 players. On general team death match it really isn't a team game it's a bunch of individuals with different levels of ability which the servers won't be able to even out making the game always 1 sided.

Activision have said the team perks were a load of balls.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'm not pre ordering this time, be the first time getting a game in the middle of the night lol