ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Fabia VRS
I hope they actually listen to the fans this time!

I want this one to be the cod4 killer, because we all know that cod4 was the best and anything after it has just been s**t on its shoe

Bus w**ker
Thought Respawn were the ones that left Infinity Ward following all the trouble regarding payments and people getting sacked? If that's right then I doubt they will have any hand in any of the MW franchise. CoD could be another story though as IIRC they owned the copyright to the name, not Activision.

Mito Sportiva 135
It might have the name, but I really, really doubt it will have the impact of the MW1 or 2.

The series seems to have stood still in terms of gameplay and has just added layers of superfluous junk. Well if BOs is anything to go by anyway!

(I'll probably still buy it though...sadly)

Si

RS Clio 172
I don't understand all the BLOPS hatred. IMO it was much better than MW2 which was a total disappointment. All the crappy badges etc. s**t guns and the maps were poor. Give me CoD4 back any time with maps designed by Treyarch so they don't just have one area of action like IW's maps always seem to.

I hope they actually realise with MW3 that people just want a simple game. If I had my own way i'd get rid of prestige too. What's the point?

Bus w**ker
I enjoyed BLOPs, what let it down was the fact it was ported to PS3 and full of f**king bugs. Each "fix" made it worse and in the end it became unplayable. However if I can find a cheap copy for 360 I'll buy it and both map packs. Just like I'll buy MW3 even though it will probably suck...but I'll buy it for 360 that's fo' sho'!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
see i have to disagree. I think MW2 was a mega game. sad they just released it but gave no support to it... :( Much faster pace than blops imo.

gues it is what people prefer as some (us ps3 crew) love mw2 others like blops. I like it as we have a right laugh with are cs clan rinsing noobs and firing noob tubes everywhere LOL we are total trolls. USA USA USA!! :cool:

Mk2 ph1 clio
lol nothing better than "celine dioning" someone on MW2

Tbh i like Blops, once you get into it, it is a really good game! the ammount of new ideas they brought into it was a breath of fresh air.

As for MW3 i'll wait til i'v played it to start liking/disliking it.. trailers always look better than the actual games!

Nothing at the mo :(
I enjoyed BLOPs, what let it down was the fact it was ported to PS3 and full of f**king bugs. Each "fix" made it worse and in the end it became unplayable. However if I can find a cheap copy for 360 I'll buy it and both map packs. Just like I'll buy MW3 even though it will probably suck...but I'll buy it for 360 that's fo' sho'!

Game are currently doing it for £29 brand new atm

Mito Sportiva 135
Well it is Infinity Ward by name doing it (probably, the game isn't even confirmed yet) but if it is then most of the talent who worked on the game from the original until MW2 have left / been fired.

I didn't like BOs because the core mechanics e.g. moving and firing just didn't feel as smooth and satisfying as in MW2. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just felt empty.

As for maps....MW2 came shipped with better maps than BOs did in my eyes - I only liked Jungle and Firing Range really. Nuketown is a good laugh too but I wouldn't say it is good particularly, e.g. if someone gets a chopper gunner you've no chance to hide.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
BLOPS is a better more advanced game but the fun factor is less than mw2 because of perks/weapons etc. i play with the CS crew on mw2 but after i always go on BLOPS s and d cos its better. and it has zombies which pisses allover special ops.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Black Ops maps were not as good as MW, let alone MW2.

That let it down, and for some reason the multiplayer just wasn't as fun as MW or MW2. We won't even mention WaW.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
i like the new maps on BLOPS the ascension pack. and i like WAW too, maps are quite realistic of ww2 imo it just takes more skill than other COD's. 'release the hounds' lol love that streak.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Run and gun seems to be the MW2 style of play... not as easy on WAW or Blops... which plays to my strengths! Probably why i enjoy it so much, its pace is one im comfortable with!

Im hoping for some sort of balance with MW3

The maps on the original MW were absoltuely mint to be fair, no wonder in the DLC for MW2 they shoved in 4 of the maps from MW!

BLOPS maps were absoltue trash IMO.

Mito Sportiva 135
Well no because I go back to MW2 and do really well again - one thing that has affected my gameplay skillzzz is not using my Turtle Beach headset any more, that adds 10% awesomeness to my play at least!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well no because I go back to MW2 and do really well again - one thing that has affected my gameplay skillzzz is not using my Turtle Beach headset any more, that adds 10% awesomeness to my play at least!

well thats cos famas is over powered on mw2. but is a good gun still on BLOPS ive been pwning with it. small clip though.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh famas was my gun of choice, quite liked the SMGs too. As I said was more just the basic gameplay mechanics.

Oh and also the severe amount of matchmaking and hosting issues. Bad Company 2 has FAR fewer issues like this, despite being older and having larger maps. This is the most annoying thing...not working!!!

Si

RS Clio 172
I can agree that IW make a better game but I cant see how the maps on any of the MW franchise are any good. They always focus the action in one area or down one stretch of street. BLOPs ones just felt more open and spread out. Not that I've played it loads. I've felt more inclided to go back to it than MW2 though. Really didn't get on with that at all after being fully hooked to the first MW.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Getting released 8th Nov, nice one only a few days after i come back of the Euro Road Trip, I'll have to get this pre ordered soon

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
this is the MW3 section, if you want to talk about BF3 post it on that section

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i want ot see some gameplay.

I remember when they where releasing the mw2 gameplay trailers. was eppppiiiicccc!!!!

cannot wait. well tbh, cannot wait for psn to come back too so we can get back in the groove of mw2 also!