ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed track day vids in here

53 Clio's & counting
I know this is completely ASW ish, but I think Duf looks fantastic in these pics!

(Alot better than up close :eek: )

DSC7993.jpg

DSC8084.jpg

Attachments

• DSC7993.jpg
    DSC7993.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC8084.jpg
    DSC8084.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 24
  172 Race Car
Yea the 3 series but that's fine Jay, I don't mean to be a spoil sport!
smiley9.gif
No, as I said at begining of day its supposed to be fun not dangerous. If someone makes you not want to come again then it needs to be sorted. Id never met his mate before and none of them in that car had done trackdays before. I suspect it was his mate but they all span that thing.

53 Clio's & counting
Did I see the back was stripped out of the Beemer? The last thing it needed was less weight over the rear axle lol

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still struggling to grasp that I actually saw someone having a telephone conversation while in a circuit safety briefing.

If I hadn't been there, I'd have said you were all making it up LOL

Jay, you scared me.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't care if you've done 1000 track days, hold every race license possible and have been driving accident free for 50 years....

You don't talk on a phone in a meeting out of common courtesy!

ph1 172
Apologies, didn't realise I had left people wondering without being online!

I was meaning two, the first was on his phone in the drivers brief and the second was in the bimmer, it was sideways next to me when I was pulling into the pits and it snapped back towards me.

I'm all for people having fun and that but not when it's putting other people's cars at risk!

Without sounding a right kill joy I had a similar moment with the 3 series but kept well back until it was clearly safe to make a pass.

53 Clio's & counting
I'm still struggling to grasp that I actually saw someone having a telephone conversation while in a circuit safety briefing.

If I hadn't been there, I'd have said you were all making it up LOL

Jay, you scared me.

Were you still scared on the last lap when you knew it would go that fast?

Funny thing is, im a TERRIBLE passenger, but I actually felt very safe with you Jay!

Even though after you said about the understeer, then proply ran wide on the last corner, but countered that on the next lap by going even faster lol - top skills my man, very impressive

182cup & 172 racecar
Apologies, didn't realise I had left people wondering without being online!

I was meaning two, the first was on his phone in the drivers brief and the second was in the bimmer, it was sideways next to me when I was pulling into the pits and it snapped back towards me.

I'm all for people having fun and that but not when it's putting other people's cars at risk!

Were you in front of him or behind him ?
If you were behind, then just back off and don't just carry on into the pits.

Awareness from everybody helps prevent bumps.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
To be fair to the guy in the bmw it was very slippy out there, and a few times I had people sat right behind me on corners where its pretty obvious I was on the limit of grip anyway so if it went being rwd they probably didn't want to be that close..

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Any videos in here yet, or just a lot of spam ?

:rasp:

Mark's vid where the Z is behind him then he leaves it for dead cracked me up !! :eek:

Tony's YT find of the track day numpties is hilarious and horrifying !!!

172 Race Car
Fair play, it was his first trackday and an empty Beema is not the best thing, esp in the wet.

If he comes again we will have quiet word.
As said there were 3 drivers in that car. They all had a spin but one of them was the person in question. It was Daves mate. I've had a word and Dave will have a word with him.

It was noticed by John at Llandow and he was told to calm down or go home
They are switched on there so it shouldn't happen again. They want to come again and Dave knows the score. He is responsible for his mate but I will talk to him next time too. Hopefully it will be dry so won't be an issue

A couple of random laps from the other day I will go through the rest of the videos later and pick out some others :)
[video=youtube_share;GGUsLjgziW4]http://youtu.be/GGUsLjgziW4[/video]

Clio 172
I'll get the ball rolling with my pretty poor phone vid but it's a start and some of you might get to see a little bit of yourselves.
Anyone else feel free to post yours in here too:cheers:

[video=youtube_share;8s9q3O45HKk]http://youtu.be/8s9q3O45HKk[/video]

Reasonable onboard one to follow

Me at 44 and very hot at 1.32.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Right, in glorious HD here's the usable in-car footage I caught of others, sound in the early clips is crap as I forgot to plug my external mic in, quite a few of you feature in this...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
To be fair to the guy in the bmw it was very slippy out there, and a few times I had people sat right behind me on corners where its pretty obvious I was on the limit of grip anyway so if it went being rwd they probably didn't want to be that close..

I must admit, i followed numerous cars that were right on the back bumper of RWD cars through the fast corners - imho ure asking for trouble if you do that lol.

Hold right back, then overtake on the straights!! Much safer.

I was loving the slippyness tbh, on demand lift off oversteer is always amusing. Think i spent as much time sideways around Glue-Pot as the BMs ;)

53 Clio's & counting
I must admit, i followed numerous cars that were right on the back bumper of RWD cars through the fast corners - imho ure asking for trouble if you do that lol.

Hold right back, then overtake on the straights!! Much safer.

I was loving the slippyness tbh, on demand lift off oversteer is always amusing. Think i spent as much time sideways around Glue-Pot as the BMs ;)

This, was so much fun, Duf was like this as the tyres offered no grip at all lol, and the Trophy pretty much did everything I asked it to, loved it :)

182cup & 172 racecar
Ours didn't want to go sideways, R1R's work too well for that.

Could hear our car coming a mile away in your vid Mark.

53 Clio's & counting
As silly as it sounds, it suprised me how loud your car is Tony, did sound fantastic.

What exhaust do you have on it?