ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed track day vids in here

53 Clio's & counting
Flol, should have known ;)

Miss the noise of my bodies, though I don't want to go that aftermarket with Duf..... Guess il need to build another lol

182cup & 172 racecar
Stuff paying £800 for a 'zorst', made from bit's and pieces with a Mario Andretti cat at the back, sorted.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
A few laps here of me being chased by Chip (or it may have been his missus) after lunch, so the track was drying nicely...

Wow, thats brilliant, thanks very much.

That was my Mrs Lesley driving if its the afternoon, and I can also confirm that from watching the video because she was taking a lot less kerb on the track than I was. And also cause she's dropping back a little there where as I can remember when I was driving seeing your car at the same point lap after lap where our laptimes must have been almost identical.

Cracking bit of video, would love to arrange it next time so that you slow down slightly to let us catch up and get a bit better footage of us nearer to you.

I'll bring a camera next time so I can video forward to capture you from the outside at the same time as well (I dont have a fancy multi camera setup like you though sadly, just a handheld camera I mount in whatever car im using at the time as we use so many different cars on track)

Last edited by a moderator:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
How did you find the 200 against the other clios?

From when me and Mark where out at the same time in the morning, it seemed to be a pretty even fight between his 200 and our RS2'd 172.
I was quicker than most of the other mk2's (think it was only one of the blue cups out of the fairly standad cars was the same pace, and then of course ash/ian/burpspeed in their race cars were all miles faster than us) so I think it safe to assume he was therefore quicker than most of the mk2s there.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yup, in reality there's pretty much a fag paper's difference in pace between ALL standard Clio Renaultsports, but some drivers are happier than others braking deeper, later, and hanging their arses out which on a circuit like Llandow is enough to make a sizeable difference.

Both Ollie (172 Cup) and Rhys (blue 182) completely outgunned me, and the race cars obviously, but I think with most others I was neck and neck.

I couldn't actually give a flying f*** these days about how fast/slow I am compared to others, I just want to get out there, have a good day with good banter with good people, and rag the tits off my 200.

:approve:

53 Clio's & counting
Yup, in reality there's pretty much a fag paper's difference in pace between ALL standard Clio Renaultsports, but some drivers are happier than others braking deeper, later, and hanging their arses out which on a circuit like Llandow is enough to make a sizeable difference.

Both Ollie (172 Cup) and Rhys (blue 182) completely outgunned me, and the race cars obviously, but I think with most others I was neck and neck.

I couldn't actually give a flying f*** these days about how fast/slow I am compared to others, I just want to get out there, have a good day with good banter with good people, and rag the tits off my 200.:approve:

And this I think we all did :) Was a really really good day, and as said it was good to finally put some more faces to names

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its relatively easy to go quicker than someone else just by taking more risks on the braking etc, I have no interest at all in doing that these days, especially not on just a trackday, if you want to race then go racing, lol

182cup & 172 racecar
Its relatively easy to go quicker than someone else just by taking more risks on the braking etc, I have no interest at all in doing that these days, especially not on just a trackday, if you want to race then go racing, lol

I could have typed that myself.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
It's about smiles for trackdays now for me, in all honesty I was gutted I had to take the MX5hed as I knew it would be shocking in those conditions..

But it was a massive amount of fun really and I wasn't bothered it was the slowest thing there, even slower than that Z4 with the TC on all day ;)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
A slightly different perspective for this one, had camera pointing at the bus stop and left it there for about 10 minutes so got everyone flying by lap after lap.

Last edited by a moderator:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Guess thats Jay in the burpspeed car as him and Tony were taking totally different lines through there I noticed and that one looks a lot more like Jay, as Tony was staying left a lot more.

Cool idea with the static camera but its a shame it wasnt a little closer, but I guess you didnt want it getting run over, lol

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Guess thats Jay in the burpspeed car as him and Tony were taking totally different lines through there I noticed and that one looks a lot more like Jay, as Tony was staying left a lot more.

Cool idea with the static camera but its a shame it wasnt a little closer, but I guess you didnt want it getting run over, lol

Yep, was Jay running in the afternoon.

As for the camera position, watch the clip right until the end, you'll see why its position/view was a little compromised.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol, had only watched first minute or so, so didnt realise it was still on the car.
Yeah that limits your options for positioning.