ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

MSV its Bedford RS owners day.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Can't see it on the MSV website do you have a link

James, what you doing on Feb 28th?

Chip and Me are doing Bedford. Open pitlane. Will be a really good day. I'll have a few different cars there including my Clio.

Hope you can make it. Love to have a nose over the Clio, maybe a little tear up on track together!?!?!

Tony you around for it?
Hi Porkie,

Thank you very much for the invite, I would love to come and it would be great to meet up! At the moment it will have to be a no unfortunately though as my diary is fairly hectic that week already and with it being in the middle of the week it would realistically mean I would miss most of 2 days by the time I go back get the trailer and car and then drop it all back off again :(!

I will drop you a message nearer the time and see if I can try and free up some time though and make it as I've never done Bedford before and would be a good day. If I can't make it then we should still sort something out at some point so if your free at any of the days I end up going to then it would be great to see you and your car/ car's :) I will update on here in the next few days with my current revised calendar of track days and events! Thanks again

182cup & 172 racecar

I'll sneak into Matts and take it down.(only joking)

Lee,I'll have a look and see if I'm free.

I'll sneak into Matts and take it down.(only joking)

Lee,I'll have a look and see if I'm free.
I'd say go for it Tony, I would't mind ;) But it will be back at my house by then which is half the reason I can't make it as working away from home that week so would be massive effort to go all the way home, get the car, take it to track and then the same all over again after :( Although nearer the time I'm sure I'll be desperate to get back in the car so we'll see if I can free some time up :)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

I am an idiot. Its saturday 25th.

Hope that means you can make it!

182cup & 172 racecar

Don't bring the Westy you hooligan.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

Don't bring the Westy you hooligan.

You loved it!

http://youtu.be/kvZtFUJHFV0

Almost 16,000 people have seen you head bobbing about in it now!

Should have a new exhaust on it by then... so can up the boost, as was bit gutless. Hoping to stick 2.4 bar up its ass on that back straight.... see if we can make the jump to lightspeed ;)

You can have a drive if you like? Its a pussycat! ;)

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

2010-11-15-20-49-16818746620.jpeg

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH!

Very funny!

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

Oh hell yeah! I like this! :)

Goes ok... for low boosties. Its only 695kg and has 500bhp and 440lbft so it should go well even with my fat ass on board! Not the 'best' type of engine for these...
85011000.jpg

but LOTS of fun and proper hooooooligan mobile

16a38565.jpg

45123741.jpg

182 track, Mk7 ST

Love the Clio James...looks perfect IMO! be to good to see how you get on when competing too, definitely keeping an eye on this thread :D

Oh and Porkie, I saw the vid on YouTube a while ago but didn't realise it was yours (caught up on the cars you've owned thread the other day and saw the progress) absolutely amazing thing and would be good to see it on track at some point soon :)

182 trackday racer

Thats a crazy fast car, for once matched by a crazy driver as well :D I Like it!

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

I'm local to you. Pop down and I'll take you for a spin in that or anything else you fancy dude.

182 track, Mk7 ST

Haha cheers, may have to take you up on that one day. I'm doing brands on 19th Feb full day if you're interested, I know you mentioned you wanted to get out on track more and not far from you either :)

182cup & 172 racecar

You loved it!

http://youtu.be/kvZtFUJHFV0

Almost 16,000 people have seen you head bobbing about in it now!

Should have a new exhaust on it by then... so can up the boost, as was bit gutless. Hoping to stick 2.4 bar up its ass on that back straight.... see if we can make the jump to lightspeed ;)

I can't afford to replace the gearbox,lol.

I am an idiot. Its saturday 25th.

Hope that means you can make it!
I will have to see nearer the time I think unfortunately mate, as still got loads of work around then and its just the issue of having to trek home and get everything so will be two missed days :( If I can work some magic with my diary though I will definitely be up for it so watch this space :)

Goes ok... for low boosties. Its only 695kg and has 500bhp and 440lbft so it should go well even with my fat ass on board! Not the 'best' type of engine for these...
85011000.jpg

but LOTS of fun and proper hooooooligan mobile

16a38565.jpg

45123741.jpg
EPIC car Porkie I have so much want for that car!! NEED...THAT....CAR!! :D
Love the Clio James...looks perfect IMO! be to good to see how you get on when competing too, definitely keeping an eye on this thread :D
Thank you mate, very kind :) Yes I am really looking forward to it, Thanks I will keep updating with anything interesting and results!

Lionel Richie

Lord Faulks "yeah so we removed the stock ecu and loom completley and its now running EC1, with a stock UCH/ABS still in place with alarm etc so James can take it to Lemans (this will be removed later), i got bored so i remapped the ABS to suit, its easy really. Oh and i'm going to mess about with the EBD to introduce some brake steer cos i can"

got to love the matt, anyone fancy challenging his knowledge?

thought not

This thread is a bit boring due to the low picture number.

I love the fact that the only criticism in the whole thread is because we haven't posted enough pictures of it! Busy dev week on it next week but I'll get a few of the floors, gear gate etc etc

I love the fact that the only criticism in the whole thread is because we haven't posted enough pictures of it! Busy dev week on it next week but I'll get a few of the floors, gear gate etc etc

chop chop then:clown:

182 trackday racer

+1

Offcause we need more pictures of such and epic build. Interested in gearbox cooling pictures pump and rad location etc.

Hope I inspired you to get som propper fiber on the car aswell :D

Also would like to see pics of gear linkage, and more interior shots please.

haha i was spending yet MORE time looking over this last night, in between prepping mine for Matts wiring skills, and watching Matt wrestle his gearbox back into his clio...

gotta say, the more you look at it and the closer you look at it the more touches and details you notice.. will be interesting to see how you and Matt take things further on this..

182 trackday racer

i got bored so i remapped the ABS to suit, its easy really. Oh and i'm going to mess about with the EBD to introduce some brake steer cos i can"

So you are able to re-program the stock clio abs unit and make it use brake steer á la McLaren? Can the brakebalance be re-calibrated in the EBD aswell, for bigger front calipers etc?

Sorry for the delayed response not been on the forum for a while as been out of the UK
+1

Offcause we need more pictures of such and epic build. Interested in gearbox cooling pictures pump and rad location etc.

Hope I inspired you to get som propper fiber on the car aswell :D
Hi Mårten I will make sure I get plenty of pictures of the car next time i'm with it :) The gearbox hasn't got a cooler installed yet I think Matt mentioned that there is a provision for one incase it is required in the future!

You certainly have and I would really like to get plenty of CF on the car and long term I am sure it will happen but for now the money will be spent on crucial developments and running the car and once this is all under control then will get ordering ;)

haha i was spending yet MORE time looking over this last night, in between prepping mine for Matts wiring skills, and watching Matt wrestle his gearbox back into his clio...

gotta say, the more you look at it and the closer you look at it the more touches and details you notice.. will be interesting to see how you and Matt take things further on this..
Haha I think they just like taking the box in and out of the cup for practice Stu ;)

Thanks Stu it's very kind of you to say and it has been amazing for me to see the amount of work that has gone into it from the start of the project there is too much detail for me to even remember never mind write down :) I think we already have some pretty good ideas but for now the priority is to use it!!
So you are able to re-program the stock clio abs unit and make it use brake steer á la McLaren? Can the brakebalance be re-calibrated in the EBD aswell, for bigger front calipers etc?
That is definitely a question for Matt as i'm not sure but i'm sure if anyone can do it then Matt will be the one his knowledge of the clio's systems is EPIC!

220 Trophy

Hi James. I saw your car on Saturday when I dropped mine off with Matt. Looks very impressive!! Looking forward to seeing what you do next to it. Mark

Ahhhhh so you own the silver ph1 mark, i beleive ive met you breifly once at tdf before... Your car looks damn nice.. i also saw the parts your having fitted in the office.. ive yet to hear if im on welding duties but whoever does them it'll be interesting to see what you think to the difference...

Stu..

Hi James. I saw your car on Saturday when I dropped mine off with Matt. Looks very impressive!! Looking forward to seeing what you do next to it. Mark
Thanks alot Mark :) Driving is the main plan for now but got some good ideas for future developments! I can't wait :) I will hopefully see yours on the 16/17th on my way to Donny if its still at TDF then!

220 Trophy

Ahhhhh so you own the silver ph1 mark, i beleive ive met you breifly once at tdf before... Your car looks damn nice.. i also saw the parts your having fitted in the office.. ive yet to hear if im on welding duties but whoever does them it'll be interesting to see what you think to the difference...

Stu..

Thanks Stu, it’s a work-in-progress. Were you on welding duty with James' seat rails when I was in a couple of months ago? Nevertheless, if you're on duty with mine make sure you do a good job!! I have a Spherical bearing thread up regarding the strengthening plates and bearings so will let you know how it feels on that.

Thanks alot Mark Driving is the main plan for now but got some good ideas for future developments! I can't wait I will hopefully see yours on the 16/17th on my way to Donny if its still at TDF then!

Well make sure to divulge your ideas as they come along as there is no copy write on Clio’s!! I'm not likely to be collecting the car until Saturday 18th so it will probably be with Matt and all finished by the 16th/17th - ask Matt to take you for a spin and let me know what you think.

Well make sure to divulge your ideas as they come along as there is no copy write on Clio’s!! I'm not likely to be collecting the car until Saturday 18th so it will probably be with Matt and all finished by the 16th/17th - ask Matt to take you for a spin and let me know what you think.
Haha I certainly will be doing and this thread will always be updated when even the most minor mod is made :) Ahh perfect well I will look forward to seeing it and i'm sure that once I see your painted rear beam I will have to have a go at mine! Thanks for that I will look forward to it! Did Matt take you out in mine? :)

220 Trophy

Metallic orange rear-beams and wishbones are the new Clio in-thing at the moment – didn’t you know!? Perhaps Matt hadn’t owned up but it looked like your car had been involved in a weird accident because it didn’t have a front-end or a passenger seat so I don’t think he could’ve taken me out. Plus neither of us are 8 foot tall!!

Metallic orange rear-beams and wishbones are the new Clio in-thing at the moment – didn’t you know!? Perhaps Matt hadn’t owned up but it looked like your car had been involved in a weird accident because it didn’t have a front-end or a passenger seat so I don’t think he could’ve taken me out. Plus neither of us are 8 foot tall!!
Haha lol! ;) What colour are you doing yours Mark? Im guessing not orange :)?

Lol it seems to spend most of its time without a front bumper I think they are finishing off a few bits of wiring and the lack of seat will be because of the new seat mounts for the passenger side to replace my pikey one that I made to run at Snetterton lol!

Haha lol you only have to be 7 feet tall to drive :p

220 Trophy

Well originally the idea was just going to be plain black, but then we (Matt and I) thought black would be a bit boring so then moved onto the usual red or blue. Then Matt started investigating the different paint type options and found that we can use any type of undercoat but finish off with a two-pack hard-wearing flexible clear coat so it was Matt who then suggested metallic orange to match all the AST parts.

So you’ve seen it here first – metallic orange is the new black!

Unfortunately I’m only 5.8 so I’d barely be able to reach the floor in your seat let alone the pedals!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

Damn ! mine goes in on the 20th so I will miss both cars , cant you leave them there another week ? i could have a go in both :cool: