ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BEWARE, LOW MILEAGE LIQUID YELLOW CLIO 182 VO54 FFZ

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Is the sat nav actually any use whatsoever though?

I wouldn't wan't to pay £2k for it tbh, I only paid a little more than that for mine.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Is the sat nav actually any use whatsoever though?

I wouldn't wan't to pay £2k for it tbh, I only paid a little more than that for mine.

Bearing in mind the only thing wrong with it is the engine is very slightly different, what would you pay for a fairly tidy LY 182 with nav? If it weren't for the engine it'd be easily worth 3-3.5k.

The satnav is pretty naff, but it's rare and let's face it you wouldn't say no. Lad I know managed to stuff a nav-packed 182 after 9 days of ownership, and didn't take it out of the car. Major fail.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not interested in the nav so wouldn't want to pay an excess for that tbh.

It's personal preference though I guess. I just wouldn't be interested in it considering how much its been tampered with.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I'm not interested in the nav so wouldn't want to pay an excess for that tbh.

It's personal preference though I guess. I just wouldn't be interested in it considering how much its been tampered with.

172 Engine in it... I believe.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
^^ Yup.

Vehicle Report

Customer - Andrew Morley
Vehicle - Renault clio 182 - VO54 FFZ
Mileage - 32160

Mr Morley recently visited us so we could inspect a knocking noise coming from the front suspension, during conversation with Mr Morley he asked if we would cast our eye over the entire vehicle whilst it was in the workshop and see if the vehicle was mechanically sound incase of any future problems he may encouter with the vehicle (brakes, ball joint etc etc)

On first glance the car is in very good condition bodywork wise, the liquid gold paintwork was a factory option (cira £1100) and certainly offers the wow factor!

Unfortunatley for Mr Morley the bodywork is the only good thing we found with the car.

After removal of the engine undertray the starter motor heatshield was found sitting on the undertray, not where it should be! - a strange inital problem we thought! On inspection of the heatshield it seems to have been damaged, repaired poorly and then not fitted back onto the car properly (impossible to do without unbolting the exhaust manfold from the cylinder head).

starter motor heatsheild image - http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/... Inspection/?action=view&current=fcf4a305.jpg

We also found a wheel speed sensor had been fitted very poorly to the OSF inner half shaft bearing, this certainly was an after market part, what was it doing there?

driveshaft sensor image - http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/... Inspection/?action=view&current=45cfd0b7.jpg

We traced the wire back through the bulkhead into the vehicle and to our surprise found a very bizzare installation under the passenger footwell carpet and strange moddifications to the foot pedal on the drivers side

passenger footwell installation image - http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/... Inspection/?action=view&current=70927ad3.jpg
clutch pedal moddification image - http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/... Inspection/?action=view&current=83640b0f.jpg

chain mechanism behind clutch pedal image - http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/... Inspection/?action=view&current=625bcf4a.jpg

After a bit of investigation we found the car had been installed with an electronically activated "twin clutch" aka - the vehicle at some point had been moddified for disabled user.

The problems highlighted thus far are relativley easy to rectify, removal of the motability unit we estimate at approx 3 hours, a new starter motor heat shield is £48 and takes 1.3 hours to fit.

On further inspection of the engine bay we found a few relativley major issues - the main one being that this 2004/2005 182 (F4R 738 engine) car has been fitted with a 2001 engine from the older 172 (F4R 730/2/6 engine)

as you can see from the following images -

note the raised breather tube in the middle at the back 172 engines had this, 182's did not - http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/... Inspection/?action=view&current=047ec81c.jpg

To compare, a 182 engine looks like this - http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/Fredmrsclio/?action=view&current=182engine.jpg

date sticker on the rear of the block (VO54) ending in 01 - http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/... Inspection/?action=view&current=20982ca8.jpg

Without doubt this car VO54 has been fitted with the incorrect engine and isn't worth anywhere near market value

I ramble on for a bit longer, but you get the idea ;)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Tbf, once the motability stuff is removed its not exactly a bad car is it?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

If it works then it's good enough for someone I'm sure.

At what price? God knows, depends what people are willing to pay I guess but I wouldn't be spanking £2k on it personally.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Exactly. If it wasn't for that report, nobody would ever know the difference between that and a normal 182.

I'd bet a fiver that there's a fair few 182s going around with 172 engines and vice versa where the owners are none the wiser and will never notice a difference.

On paper it's the end of the world, in reality, it's absolutely impossible to tell the difference.

Evo
I feel sorry for it, it should be getting loved and detailed every weekend. I think CS should buy it and restore it to pristine original condition as a promo car for the club, a fitting end to this rather long winded story.

RB + LY 182 FF
I texted the owner asking if he knew the history of the car last week also asking him to type the reg plate on google and get back to me..his reply was " I will do when im home"

i was interested in the car but for around the £1800 mark, mainly as project car to strip back the infamous LY and start a fresh.

182 ly
Funny enough iv just bought this. And it is in really good nick. The service history is full Renault, even the belts. I knew about the history before buying and got it for a good price. I do plan on giving it some love. It’s also having a forged engine put in at some point next year, along with a turbo setup. But no joke, it drives beautiful. It’s a credit to previous owners. No doubt given to a garage at some point who pulled the wool and fitted whatever they could find.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Funny enough iv just bought this. And it is in really good nick. The service history is full Renault, even the belts. I knew about the history before buying and got it for a good price. I do plan on giving it some love. It’s also having a forged engine put in at some point next year, along with a turbo setup. But no joke, it drives beautiful. It’s a credit to previous owners. No doubt given to a garage at some point who pulled the wool and fitted whatever they could find.

Private plate required and you’re all set!

172cup,182, a5
What happened to this why did you get rid of it? I’m currently looking at buying this car iv just read all the history on it so I will be looking to pay accordingly
Is there anything I should know from your ownership that’s not on here?

Suzuki Jimny
Strangely enough, the official Renault facebook page posted this the other day (the page with nearly 19,000,000 likes ?)
E45EB9A5-F138-4628-BE44-92F807DCBBF7.jpeg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
So fantastic he only held onto it for a year :p

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Cat U, whats caused it to end up on Copart. Can certainly be saved with abit of work, probably doesn't need much except a good going over and any bodge jobs setting right. Maybe the belts doing, because god knows when they were actually last done given it's history and number of engine changes.
Factory Nav isn't much of a plus point anymore though, so dated it's practically useless.

The previous owner was abit deluded though

The service history is full Renault, even the belts.

You think that included the multiple engine changes and disability conversions??? I'd say the service history isn't worth the paper it's written on with this car.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I think it's actually been sorted now after all these years.

Meant to be an alright example now.

Given some of the sheds that have appeared over the years it was never particually bad really.
Plenty of 1*7's have dropped a valve and had an engine swap.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Given some of the sheds that have appeared over the years it was never particually bad really.
Plenty of 1*7's have dropped a valve and had an engine swap.

agreed, I traded my 200 in when it was 10 months old, it was really really clean, but on its second engine and diving to the left under braking which renault couldnt fix. it had been cursed since the day I took delivery of it off the transporter from France! looking at the mot history its never passed an mot first time yet lol

boy i knew bought a tidy monaco 172, all the "right" CS.net mods, cooksport springs, turinis, retrimmed wheel, new RS badge etc etc and brilliant history, hes not too mechanically minded, we opened the bonnet when he got it home and the air con pipes had all been snipped, the engine looked like it had been sitting outside, missing 4th engine mount, gear linkage not aligned properly, it had clearly went bang and had a cheap engine thrown in one weekend then punted.