ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just finished the single player campaign, first time I played it through, on hard. It's actually quite easy to be honest. I don't agree with all the bad reviews it got for its single player. I'd go so far as to say it's the best fps single player campaign ive played. Graphicly amazing, completely mental at points and really enjoyable. The only thing that let it down for me was how easy it was. Gonna go through it again on easy to pick up the collectables I missed etc before I head online.

The final mission needs to be replayed 3 times to unlock all the weapons for multiplayer.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Loving this game, just can't get enough time to play it! Usually go recon 95% of the time in these games but its engineer class all the way at the moment.

Who's playing on pc?

I am m8 - still remember those online goes of BF2142? :cool:

I've cracked lvl10 now - purely through dogged determination to have a pop at being the commander for once. The netcode is broken - regardless of ping. I've shot way ahead of people and somehow they still die. I've observed people from in a building killing me with a pistol - clearly their end put them looking out the window that they were nowhere near when I saw them. Longy shot me point blank with an RPG last night - yet I survived. Silly auto-repair ruins a lot of things - bringing the shoot-hit-hide routine in as the de-facto standard for using armour. Splash damage on core mode is utterly laughable - enemies running over little hills after being blasted by several 30mm AA rounds. Remember the flying infantry on BF2142 where a well aimed tank round would blast them up and in the air from the splash damage? Yeah, well forget that now. Most infantry are shell sponges and it can take crazy amounts of fire to kill one of them.

It's not all s**t though. When you work with a team - it flows pretty well. I tanked up with another dude and we conducted several pincer moves on other tanks - one hitting them head on and the other from a flanking position. Not quite sure about the IR sight on the tanks though - they are a MAJOR advantage - spotting snipers hiding in shrubs and stuff from a pretty big distance. I also like how the enemies home-base cannot be entered into - that was long overdue, lol.

All in all, it's a 6.5-7 out of 10 from me. Too many COD introductions now - the paint and skins of equipment increasingly making it comical for me. I know for certain that I won't be buying Premium and BF5 has a big '?' as a potential purchase. Which is a bit of a pisser as I've stuck with (and praised) the series from the start.

D.

FF 182
I dont bother with tanks now, something is wrong with them. Lost count how many times ive been in a tank and had a 1v1 with another, only to get blown up after a couple of hits, then see that the enemies tank is still at 100 health, even though i hit it as much as i got hit.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I dont bother with tanks now, something is wrong with them. Lost count how many times ive been in a tank and had a 1v1 with another, only to get blown up after a couple of hits, then see that the enemies tank is still at 100 health, even though i hit it as much as i got hit.

Isn't that the person insides health, not the health of the tank?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't that the person insides health, not the health of the tank?

It is - yes, but s**t doesn't make sense any more with anti-armour roles. There was always a clearly defined range of hit boxes on armour - where accurate shots could exploit the armour's weakness. Those seem to have gone out of the window now and AT weaponry isn't much better either. I've destroyed several tanks with a launcher and not knowing exactly why - and on others, I just appear to be piling round after round into them with little success.

As for AA missiles against aircraft - forget it. I think I've only come across one enemy using a Stinger - the counter-measures and auto-repair just make it pointless. You do have to question the structure of the game when my most successful AA weapon is the main gun of a tank - lol.

D.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Sounds fucked tbh.

I'll wait until i get a next gen console to buy it.

One of the TOWIE lads had a yank PS4 at his gaff, unfortunately ive not seen on XBONE in the flesh to compare but it looks good.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
As for AA missiles against aircraft - forget it. I think I've only come across one enemy using a Stinger - the counter-measures and auto-repair just make it pointless. You do have to question the structure of the game when my most successful AA weapon is the main gun of a tank - lol.

D.

I had one game last night (not sure if Longy joined soon enough to see it?) - who was goading us to shoot down his Little Bird helo with a Stinger. I tried - and failed repeatedly. I don't expect a 100% success rate on AA - or even 50%. But I think I've only brought down one aircraft with an AA missile hit. It really is that pointless to use.

D.

AK

M240i
I had one game last night (not sure if Longy joined soon enough to see it?) - who was goading us to shoot down his Little Bird helo with a Stinger. I tried - and failed repeatedly. I don't expect a 100% success rate on AA - or even 50%. But I think I've only brought down one aircraft with an AA missile hit. It really is that pointless to use.

D.

These new maps are massive. Really struggling to get used to them and getting killed lots in the process. Lol.

Clio 172
It is - yes, but s**t doesn't make sense any more with anti-armour roles. There was always a clearly defined range of hit boxes on armour - where accurate shots could exploit the armour's weakness. Those seem to have gone out of the window now and AT weaponry isn't much better either. I've destroyed several tanks with a launcher and not knowing exactly why - and on others, I just appear to be piling round after round into them with little success.

D.

Tanks can now fire HE rounds which do alot of damage to armour, hitting a tanks side on or from behind kills it alot quicker. As for the AA I shot down at least 6 jets and about 8 heli's in one round the other night so clearly your doing something wrong.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The game is a joy when it's working. Trouble is, it's severely broken at the moment and will take a hell of a lot of repairing.

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive only played TD so far, what am i missing out on ?

ive come from COD so TD is what im used to

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Tanks can now fire HE rounds which do alot of damage to armour, hitting a tanks side on or from behind kills it alot quicker. As for the AA I shot down at least 6 jets and about 8 heli's in one round the other night so clearly your doing something wrong.

With a Stinger?! Please tell me Jedi Master as clearly it isn't working for me!

Attaining lock - firing straight away? Attaining lock and awaiting them to fire their counter-measures? The vast majority fail. I've seen friendly aircraft fire upon enemies planes - only to see their missiles circle around the target crazily - and then harmlessly blow up. I'm assuming that this is yet another BS unlock, but again, it's comical to see.

I've had a couple of instances where I can't spot the enemy aircraft either. I know there are the stealth planes - but surely looking and identifying a target optically, should allow you to highlight it?

I've equipped the HE rounds on the tanks now too. Not tried them long enough to see if they are any better or not though. Traditionally, HE rounds should be superior against light armour (IFVs and less especially) but also have reduced effectiveness against tanks equipped with reactive armour. I don't think BF4 goes into that kind of depth however!

I'd actually play this in HC all the time and remove most of the frustrations that I have - if it wasn't for the 60% health issue. Not sure why DICE thought it was a good idea to give you that? 100% health / no auto-repair / limited ammo on vehicles that needed resupplying = a MUCH superior game.

D.

Clio 172
Darren with the AA if you lock a plane/heli I wait till they flare, relock and fire and boom. I also use guns alot as it rips the heli's to bit so one stinger will do, fire one, they flare, fire two, goodnight Vienna. As always there is an art but having sat on the map with the hotel in the middle causing absolute air carnage I know it works. This was a 48 man pc server btw so if your on console I can't comment if its the same.

As for tanks I am in the 2nd tier in the UK allegedly so I know what I'm doing, btw unlock the missiles for tanks as they do a hell of alot of damage, just need a good gunner to goto spotting for you instead of firing the LMG.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
When locking on , whether it's heat seekers in a heli or just using a stinger, I wait a few seconds and see if they pop their flares, the majority of the people I have come up against haven't got a clue about flares and use them as soon as they hear the locking on beep. Wait until they pop them, get locked on again - boom.

Mind you I'm using RPGs a lot more now, people fly a lot lower in BF4 than they did in BF3, no idea why.

182 Cup
I am m8 - still remember those online goes of BF2142? :cool:

I've cracked lvl10 now - purely through dogged determination to have a pop at being the commander for once. The netcode is broken - regardless of ping. I've shot way ahead of people and somehow they still die. I've observed people from in a building killing me with a pistol - clearly their end put them looking out the window that they were nowhere near when I saw them. Longy shot me point blank with an RPG last night - yet I survived. Silly auto-repair ruins a lot of things - bringing the shoot-hit-hide routine in as the de-facto standard for using armour. Splash damage on core mode is utterly laughable - enemies running over little hills after being blasted by several 30mm AA rounds. Remember the flying infantry on BF2142 where a well aimed tank round would blast them up and in the air from the splash damage? Yeah, well forget that now. Most infantry are shell sponges and it can take crazy amounts of fire to kill one of them.

It's not all s**t though. When you work with a team - it flows pretty well. I tanked up with another dude and we conducted several pincer moves on other tanks - one hitting them head on and the other from a flanking position. Not quite sure about the IR sight on the tanks though - they are a MAJOR advantage - spotting snipers hiding in shrubs and stuff from a pretty big distance. I also like how the enemies home-base cannot be entered into - that was long overdue, lol.

All in all, it's a 6.5-7 out of 10 from me. Too many COD introductions now - the paint and skins of equipment increasingly making it comical for me. I know for certain that I won't be buying Premium and BF5 has a big '?' as a potential purchase. Which is a bit of a pisser as I've stuck with (and praised) the series from the start.

D.

Add me up on Origin. Username flenkenflunken

I'm only playing hardcore for the reasons you mention above, too much effort to kill people otherwise! 2142 was the best of the series for me, might reinstall it actually.

182 Cup
With a Stinger?! Please tell me Jedi Master as clearly it isn't working for me!

Attaining lock - firing straight away? Attaining lock and awaiting them to fire their counter-measures? The vast majority fail. I've seen friendly aircraft fire upon enemies planes - only to see their missiles circle around the target crazily - and then harmlessly blow up. I'm assuming that this is yet another BS unlock, but again, it's comical to see.

I've had a couple of instances where I can't spot the enemy aircraft either. I know there are the stealth planes - but surely looking and identifying a target optically, should allow you to highlight it?

I've equipped the HE rounds on the tanks now too. Not tried them long enough to see if they are any better or not though. Traditionally, HE rounds should be superior against light armour (IFVs and less especially) but also have reduced effectiveness against tanks equipped with reactive armour. I don't think BF4 goes into that kind of depth however!

I'd actually play this in HC all the time and remove most of the frustrations that I have - if it wasn't for the 60% health issue. Not sure why DICE thought it was a good idea to give you that? 100% health / no auto-repair / limited ammo on vehicles that needed resupplying = a MUCH superior game.

D.

I've taken a fair few out with the stinger but only through total persistence. Lock on, if no counter measures fire anyway, then reload and quickly fire again. Unfortunately you end up out of ammo after 1 or 2 at the most.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I have no idea why you start on 60% health in hardcore mode. Just makes the difficult even more impossible.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I've been getting a few defibrillator kills today lol. Also found out the longer you charge the defibs for, the more points you get per revive and the more health the person starts off again with.

Clio 172
I've been getting a few defibrillator kills today lol. Also found out the longer you charge the defibs for, the more points you get per revive and the more health the person starts off again with.

Mentioned about the defib charging a few pages back

Ph 1 172
Well played the first 2 single player missions and did a round of multiplayer today

single player is epic, the visuals are brilliant and the sound is just crazy in a fire fight just s**t going on everywhere.

multiplayer wise it's even better just played as assault with the ak47 26kills 10deaths ... So much better than cod much more tactical. Anyone fancy adding me on xbox one(moodyjames) so I can join a few games with some fellow cliosport members

182 Cup
Good round there with Longy and Racingblue182. Even if we lost - lol. :)

D.

We were absolutely battering them, then I check the tickets and they were like 150 ahead of us, it seemed no matter how many flags we had it just wasn't dropping!

Must say, I do struggle with that mode, much prefer hardcore but good to get in a decent squad.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
We were absolutely battering them, then I check the tickets and they were like 150 ahead of us, it seemed no matter how many flags we had it just wasn't dropping!

Must say, I do struggle with that mode, much prefer hardcore but good to get in a decent squad.

I much prefer being an engi. But I bet along with you and Longy, I'd make a shitload of points being support with the ammo bags!

Loved that bit late on in the round, where that guy had bailed from a helo and landed on the roof down near Point B and iirc, all three of us were firing up at him. The b*****d got me first though and I did a quick squad message that he was on the roof. We hit him a few times (I even got some splash damage with the RPG on him) and then he parachuted down the side of the building. I legged it after him - only realising too late that he was going into the American base area and I couldn't follow. I should have fired at him while I had the chance!

I did have a few issues with squad commands through the commo rose last night. Sometimes I had to retry several times on a point to issue the attack/defend command. Either way, I tried to do that when we were near a point to boost our squad points. ;)

D.

Fiesta ST
I much prefer being an engi. But I bet along with you and Longy, I'd make a s**tload of points being support with the ammo bags!

Loved that bit late on in the round, where that guy had bailed from a helo and landed on the roof down near Point B and iirc, all three of us were firing up at him. The b*****d got me first though and I did a quick squad message that he was on the roof. We hit him a few times (I even got some splash damage with the RPG on him) and then he parachuted down the side of the building. I legged it after him - only realising too late that he was going into the American base area and I couldn't follow. I should have fired at him while I had the chance!

I did have a few issues with squad commands through the commo rose last night. Sometimes I had to retry several times on a point to issue the attack/defend command. Either way, I tried to do that when we were near a point to boost our squad points. ;)

D.

haha yeah the guy on the roof - you shouted "Guy on roof", I was being shot at by him and was like "f**k which roof?", running around in circles. Then spotted his little head popping up and down I then proceeded to launch my RPG's.

The game is so much better when you're in a squad with your mates.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Me and n9oll had a close game yesterday on Shanghai, pretty sure we were losing 60 odd tickets to 10, quickly flew in the little bird to capture A and B, won the game with 6 tickets left :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Been entering games via the Battlelog this today, and getting some great hardcore games on Operation Metro, Firestorm and Oman.

Much better. Still getting booted back to the dash/desktop at random times, but had a good few rounds :cool:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, a lot of the folk on level 50+ have used the Battlepack glitch, which has now been patched.

I've seen quite a few attempting to join and then get kicked for using several different types of aimbot. Although it won't get everybody, it's nice to see that checks are in place to get rid of most of the idiots.

I've never understood why people go for glitches and hacks that put them SO far ahead against the rest of the players - that it's clear they are cheating. I did manage 27 kills without dying once on BF2142, but that was due to the smallish map, that I'd also acquired a walker on there and the opposing side appeared to be full of newbies. But that's a massive exception, so when I see a player on my side the other night leading by 62-0, I immediately think something dodgy is going on. Even the best pilots going don't manage those kind of ratios! :)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Hardcore mode: Yes.

Much better. Fantastic game when you aren't being booted to the desktop. Becoming less of an occurrence though.