ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Getting the most out of the game rather than just shooting and killing.

like there are medics, when and how do you call them, is it a button or just voice commands on connect?
people come up to me and say can I fix your vehicle, well how do I get them to come anytime, is it just being an engineer?
how do you fly the helicopter properly
When in a vehicle, do you need someone else to shoot, if so how do you call them?

im not playing as a team, or squad because I just don't know what I'm supposed to be doing to help them out, I keep seeing you can give them ammo when they run out, again, how do I do this?

theres so many things in the game and no instructions on how to do them, and I've only listed probably a few below I've come across, there's probably more I know nothing about.

Have you played computer games before? Not being funny but it's not hard to work out, granted flying is tricky

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
[video=youtube_share;m_2vL09s-rs]http://youtu.be/m_2vL09s-rs[/video]

Watching these Bootcamp videos help a lot, there's a few on different stuff. There on EA official YT site

Is there an option for 64/32 player select on the next gen console?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Me and Liam on here are at level 50 or so. We're pretty good at this. Top of the leaderboard fair few times.

Just need to go for flags/spot/heal basic stuff. Next to nowt of the points is on the Heal/Ammo tbh. I'm level 3/4 service stars on pretty much of all classes inc Commander mode and you don't get much points as commander as you did as BF2142

One word of advice if your going to knife/take someones Dog Tags do it only when your behind if they see you or turn slightly they can counter knife and you die. You best of going for that extra kill than take a chance taking tags

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just watch some videos on youtube?

As for dishing out health/ammo etc, either use your mouse wheel to select it, or assign a mouse or keyboard key to it, then press fire (left click incase you dunno how to fire aswell :p) to throw it around. Assuming your on pc and not some junk console :D

There is a comma rose to select commands, but i never use it. I just spam Q to spot, dunno how many spotting awards i have, but i have alot.
can i just ask, are you speaking in english? I may need an interpreter, and yes, I'm on some junk console called an xbox one, cost me less than your graphics card but looks and plays just as well to a layman like me.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I could do with a guide too tbh, more going on than cod
exactly, i can't believe you're just assumed to know what to do, things happen so fast you haven't really got time to learn by yourself as you're then dead before you know it!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Have you played computer games before? Not being funny but it's not hard to work out, granted flying is tricky
only for about the last 30 years........... (possibly older that you've been alive)

im not an idiot, but its such a fast paced game and has a lot more features than the COD that I'm used to and no instruction manual came in the box which is what i would normally turn to if i couldn't work it out myself.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Selecting a command is done by bringing up the command screen (not sure what it is on XBO but on ps3 its holding R2) then highlighting what command you want with the right stick then releasing R2. The general rules for vehicles are Up on left analogue stick = accelerate/ ascend, Down = brake/descend. When in a vehicle, on the bottom right will be a list of positions/names. The top one is always the driver/pilot, the ones below will be passenger gunner (or just normal passenger slots).

Conquest is a pretty straight forward game, capturing the objectives and holding them for as long as possible. The more you hold the quicker the enemies tickets decrease (both teams start with 400 tickets, first to 0 loses). On the left above the radar shows the objectives (A,B,C and so on) blue ones are the ones you currently hold, orange are the enemy ones and White are neutral ones (no one has captured yet) if one starts flashing above the radar then someone is attempting to capture that objective. It's a good way to rank up and unlock more weapons/attachments. I'd suggest trying to get the PP2000, easy to use gun, engineer class - PDW - second one down.

FF 182
can i just ask, are you speaking in english? I may need an interpreter, and yes, I'm on some junk console called an xbox one, cost me less than your graphics card but looks and plays just as well to a layman like me.

My gfx card cost £200 mate ;)

Clio 172
Dk suggestion would be look for servers that are only eligible for people to play upto say rank 10. There are always a few out there to help people get into the game. In respect to medic/engineer and support class, when you scroll through kit you will have main weapon, side arm, knife, grenade, (specific tool e.g. first aid box, ammo, repair tool). Medic will start with first aid box (only a small one but you un lock the large one). Support starts with small ammo pack (same as medic you will unlock the bigger pack). Engineer starts with repair tool, great for helping team mates in vehicles (make sure you stand behind the vehicle when repairing or you'll be cannon fodder)

Joining a squad is essential A, you will be able to spawn on squad mate be it in a vehicle or on the top of the tallest building, B, you will gain points for being in the squad and helping your squad mates. C, most people in squads will help you if you ask what to do.

Vehicles, clearly driving on the roads is easy, be warned on certain maps in fantry can put up bollards that you cannot drive through or shoot ut even with a tank.
Flying, This is a bit of a skill, helicopters take a bit of practice the little bird has side guns you control as the pilot as well as flares, again as you level up you'll un lock new perks such as auto repair, jamming devices etc.

Jets these are a bit trickier and since BF4 came out a whole lot easier to shoot down as they cannot flare every 5 seconds so if you o lock one as an engineer or in the AA wait for him to flare then lock and fire. Boom easy kill.

For me the easiest kit to start is support or Medic, at first you'll have no scopes so it's a pain getting kills, a tip is if you shoot someone grab their kit off them and use theirs as it will no doubt be a better kit that yours. I've played the FPS games since the early ravensheild series came out and it still took me ages to get to lvl 10 as people with better scopes were killing me before I'd even seen them. As medic and support you get points for supplying ammo and medic kis, therefore everytime you happen across someone drop a kit and your points will build up. Before you know it you'll have unlocked scopes and be finding the game alot easier.

Plan B for ranking up which I am not a fan of is camping, find somewhere your fairly safe and shoot everyone who walks past, will get you ranking up to get better unlocks and again make the game easier.

Basic tips though:- play medic and support to level up faster. Tanks and APC's also help you level up. For heli's and planes join quiet servers so you get time to practice without being shot down. Always join a squad.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Dk suggestion would be look for servers that are only eligible for people to play upto say rank 10. There are always a few out there to help people get into the game. In respect to medic/engineer and support class, when you scroll through kit you will have main weapon, side arm, knife, grenade, (specific tool e.g. first aid box, ammo, repair tool). Medic will start with first aid box (only a small one but you un lock the large one). Support starts with small ammo pack (same as medic you will unlock the bigger pack). Engineer starts with repair tool, great for helping team mates in vehicles (make sure you stand behind the vehicle when repairing or you'll be cannon fodder)

Joining a squad is essential A, you will be able to spawn on squad mate be it in a vehicle or on the top of the tallest building, B, you will gain points for being in the squad and helping your squad mates. C, most people in squads will help you if you ask what to do.

Vehicles, clearly driving on the roads is easy, be warned on certain maps in fantry can put up bollards that you cannot drive through or shoot ut even with a tank.
Flying, This is a bit of a skill, helicopters take a bit of practice the little bird has side guns you control as the pilot as well as flares, again as you level up you'll un lock new perks such as auto repair, jamming devices etc.

Jets these are a bit trickier and since BF4 came out a whole lot easier to shoot down as they cannot flare every 5 seconds so if you o lock one as an engineer or in the AA wait for him to flare then lock and fire. Boom easy kill.

For me the easiest kit to start is support or Medic, at first you'll have no scopes so it's a pain getting kills, a tip is if you shoot someone grab their kit off them and use theirs as it will no doubt be a better kit that yours. I've played the FPS games since the early ravensheild series came out and it still took me ages to get to lvl 10 as people with better scopes were killing me before I'd even seen them. As medic and support you get points for supplying ammo and medic kis, therefore everytime you happen across someone drop a kit and your points will build up. Before you know it you'll have unlocked scopes and be finding the game alot easier.

Plan B for ranking up which I am not a fan of is camping, find somewhere your fairly safe and shoot everyone who walks past, will get you ranking up to get better unlocks and again make the game easier.

Basic tips though:- play medic and support to level up faster. Tanks and APC's also help you level up. For heli's and planes join quiet servers so you get time to practice without being shot down. Always join a squad.

Excellent post.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'd say the engineer class would rank you up quicker tbh, get next to no points for reviving people on BF4.

Clio 172
I'd say the engineer class would rank you up quicker tbh, get next to no points for reviving people on BF4.

Got to lvl 30 virtually solely as support, easier to get kills, supression assists, ammo, claymores, C4. And all weapons unlocked. Infact I have 4 x support service medals that how long I bashed it for. So now when having a bad game I can resort to a kit I know will get me kills and points. Main issue with engineer is getting anythig other than a bloody RDS scope for the gun. I have now got a 3.4x scope and suddenly started ranking up fast with that. without scopes in this unless your on a really small map your essentially fubar.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I need to start ranking up on the other classes, I was mainly assault/Support in bf3 but I love engineer this time round. Still on the first support gun :eek: lol! Engineer on zavod 311 is brilliant, RPGs and mines can get plenty of multi kills.

Clio 172
I need to start ranking up on the other classes, I was mainly assault/Support in bf3 but I love engineer this time round. Still on the first support gun :eek: lol! Engineer on zavod 311 is brilliant, RPGs and mines can get plenty of multi kills.

Those new mini mines you can stick on vehicles are insanely powerful. Must admit the sniper in this game is royally pissing me off. Either no bullet drop at all or your better off shooting straight into the floor than you are at the opposition.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Great, thanks guys, so how do I join a squad, is it automatic, which is why I was seeing green and blue members of my team, the green ones being my squad? Or do I need to join a group of mates as a squad?

when being a support or medic, how do I know where I'm supposed to be to help them, will a logo come on screen? When people die, I'm guessing I can't revive them, I need to help them while they are being shot? Does the map tell me where vehicles are to repair if I'm an engineer?

ive only played as assault I think it is so far, which I'm guessing is the basic foot soldier these support guys are helping.

Ive vey seen people with crosses over their heads, are they the other medics or the guys who need a medic? When choosing my role, can I see what the other guys in my squad are, as I'm guessing it's a little pointless in everyone choosing medic in the squad etc.

regarding the commands, if that something I should be using throughout the game, are they actually needed or just for show?

appreciate the help.

oh and regarding whether I've played battlefield before, I have bf2 but never really played it as I was into cod more and found the maps huge, so I played it about 2 or 3 times and played it as if it was cod. I don't do a lot of online gaming, prefer the single player game normally.

dk

911 GTS Cab
So if you're an engineer, you don't tend to walk around with a gun, but try and plant mines and fix things the whole game?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Thank you

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
So if you're an engineer, you don't tend to walk around with a gun, but try and plant mines and fix things the whole game?
Nope, you have a primary and a secondary weapon as well as rockets as gadget 1 (I stick with RPGs) and for gadget 2 you can have either a repair tool to fix vehicles, or anti vehicle mines to place on the ground. For zavod 311 for example I choose mines over repair tool as the 2 main building in the centre normally have vehicles driving through them.

Clio 172
Great, thanks guys, so how do I join a squad, is it automatic, which is why I was seeing green and blue members of my team, the green ones being my squad? Or do I need to join a group of mates as a squad?

when being a support or medic, how do I know where I'm supposed to be to help them, will a logo come on screen? When people die, I'm guessing I can't revive them, I need to help them while they are being shot? Does the map tell me where vehicles are to repair if I'm an engineer?

ive only played as assault I think it is so far, which I'm guessing is the basic foot soldier these support guys are helping.

Ive vey seen people with crosses over their heads, are they the other medics or the guys who need a medic? When choosing my role, can I see what the other guys in my squad are, as I'm guessing it's a little pointless in everyone choosing medic in the squad etc.

regarding the commands, if that something I should be using throughout the game, are they actually needed or just for show?

appreciate the help.

oh and regarding whether I've played battlefield before, I have bf2 but never really played it as I was into cod more and found the maps huge, so I played it about 2 or 3 times and played it as if it was cod. I don't do a lot of online gaming, prefer the single player game normally.

Ok firstly maps are big but that makes it more fun as unlike COD where no matter where you go there are 10 people running at you in the BF games you can actually have a flanking attack rather than straight up the middle guns a blazin.

In respect to can you see vehicles damaged if you see one get hit go repair it but afaik they don't have health bars on them unless you happen to be in it. For example in the little bird if you sit in one of the door seats as engineer and the chopper gets hit you can repair torch it whilst still flying. You will also get kill assists from the pilot and spot assists if you keep pressing your spot button on the enemy.

You always need your gun out, running round with a first aid box in your hands or repair tool will result in certain death. Get used to switching between kits fast so you can shoot, toss a medi kit and get back to shooting. There is an art to it (granted I play PC) but you need to get basic skills honed. Worry about these bits before worying about a 1000m parachute drop, taking out a tank on the way down with c4 and knifing a sniper on landing, that can be achieved at a later date.

If you are a medic when people do call for medic it will show on your mini map same as if someone gets killed. When you have shock paddles the longer you let them charge the more health you give the guy you are reviving. You cannot revive twice in about 10 seconds for the same person. Rote two is revive them with base health (20%) and toss a medi kit by them and they will rebuild health that way.

At the first screen (assuming console is the same as pc once loaded in game) you should be able to see the squads listed in your team, pick a squad with 4 people and join them. Even if you hang back as a medic when they die run over and revive, you'll soon get points and get accepted as a squad member.

Join a clan, (or join a squad of friends on comms) great way to meet people online and play with them also helps know who you are playing with and your never going lone wolf.

Sorry replied to this earlier, I'd start as engineer if you want with the gun and repair tool, get in the apc or tank as gunner and when they get hit hop out (repair tool armed) and repair them, or get in the little bird and do the same but in flight.

Last edited:

AK

M240i
Wouldn't playing the single player teach you most things? I'm not sure, I've not got the game yet.

Clio 172
Wouldn't playing the single player teach you most things? I'm not sure, I've not got the game yet.

Very basic stuff in single player but pretty much no relation to multi player bar the maps. No need to repair stuff, heal, resupply just shoot and follow the story line.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeah AK, it's a whole different kettle of fish!

thanks 2damnsly, I'll do just that and let you know how I get on, I've not seen the option to join specific squads yet, or servers, but I guess it's just one of those games you need to put the hours in!

Clio 172
Yeah AK, it's a whole different kettle of fish!

thanks 2damnsly, I'll do just that and let you know how I get on, I've not seen the option to join specific squads yet, or servers, but I guess it's just one of those games you need to put the hours in!

Spot on, as I said I come from a fps background mostly playing on 64 man servers so i get bored when I goto quiet servers. You will need to put in a bit of time but main thing is playing the right kits and don't get dis heartened when you have 1 kill and ten deaths just keep on at it.

Cheers Andy

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Grrr keeps booting me to dashboard

That's extremely annoying. They'll sort it and hopefully soon fix the Server Browser to allow hardcore matches.

I'm enjoying it. Great stuff. But I'm getting my arse handed to me severely. I think Assault may be the wrong class to start out as. As said above, in BC2 and BF3 you could rake in the points via revives and medical boxes. This one only rewards 20 points a revive. Wow.

Skoda Fabia vRS
well i was getting bummed, then i tried being a sniper which i was doing ok at but only getting about 5 kills per game, just hardly dying so a decent ratio, tried being support last night and i dont know if i was just playing against worse people, but i did a lot better than when i was playing as assault, its all still new to me really im sure im missing a lot of things from it

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
well i was getting bummed, then i tried being a sniper which i was doing ok at but only getting about 5 kills per game, just hardly dying so a decent ratio, tried being support last night and i dont know if i was just playing against worse people, but i did a lot better than when i was playing as assault, its all still new to me really im sure im missing a lot of things from it

On BF3, support was awesome for racking up points and kills, as the machine guns tend to have HUGE clips. The downside is then the reload times.