ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

FF 182
Well, just managed to play a map and finish it, on Lancang Dam. Still lost sound intermittently , but a new bug has appeared where your vision goes all blurry for a while, its pretty off putting!

Hitreg still seems messed up, but still managed my best score yet :D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
This better be sorted for Next Gen. Strange how none of the reviewers have picked up on these bugs.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
To be honest it's a really good game I've enjoyed it from the start apart from the faults. Be even better when there's friend invite system and bug free it'll be awesome.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm pretty certain there have been no patches yet because it costs a huge of amount of money and there are only limited slots available with Microsoft and Sony for periodic updates.

Would not surprise me at all if the patch is released at the same time as the Next Gen launch so they can roll it out on all platforms to save time and money. This will obviously mean the Next Gen versions require an update immediately prior to playing.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I did see that there was going to be maintenance on the On-line bit for a few hours shown on the BF4 main screen or what ever fair few days ago. Haven't seen any more on that since then

Track 172, Focus RS
it was down for a few hours the other day but I've no idea what they have done. i keep noticing some of the players look like they are wearing long skirts

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah it seems worse for me since they done something or what. Yeah I noticed that too thought it was a samurai outfit lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well I've managed to get to Rank 4 and both my patience and interest in this online are rapidly wearing thin.

I've finally got a stable version thanks to the reverted drivers, but it's still hit & miss as to whether or not a new round starts when one finishes. More often than not, it either crashes or simply appears to be loading - only that it's doing nothing.

Still, those are technical faults that no doubt will ultimately get addressed. What I can't get used to is the fundamental core of the game is broken. Weird s**t just happens (or not) as the case sometimes is - where explanation of 'what just happened?' seems to defy a lot of people - myself included. I just come off that map with the large dish in the centre. On the opposing team, someone had landed a gunship underneath the lip of the dish and proceeded to pummel anyone attempting to recapture the point near its centre.

I'd managed to sneak on the dish 'roof' as an engineer and get directly above the helo with said enemy gunner onboard. 4 AT missiles into it later, this thing wasn't even smoking and then I got killed by a T-90 coming onto the dish behind me. Lol, ok.

The gulf between have and have-nots is so bleeding ridiculous in this game - that for the first couple of ranks - you might as well not play at all. It really is that bad. AT engineers against a tank? Suicide. 4 or 5 hits barely does enough to cause the tank any duress - other than to piss it off and now thanks to destructible scenery, leaves you with very few places to hide. That's assuming you can lock-on anyway, as the tanks and other vehicles appear to have an unlock list as long at the name Smith within a phone book. Camo coatings, IR optics, reactive armour............................................ AND FFS!!!! WHYTF HAS AUTO-REPAIR OF VEHICLES MADE A COMEBACK?!?!?!?! :banghead:

Long gone are the days of BF2 where sneaking up on an approaching Abrams to get an attack vector was a rewarding experience. Long gone are those times on BF2142 where a well-placed Pilum AT rifle round would blow an opposing tank to smithereens. Those days took skill and patience. Now all I need to do is equip the engineer kit, die 750 times trying to take out an tank and maybe, just maybe, I'll be bestowed with an unlock that trumps the vehicle drivers' unlocks.

I'm sick of the unlocks. I'm sick of gaining awards and badges at the end of a round when really, I've done f**k all. I'm sick of winning a round so unbelievably one sided - that I'm convinced auto-balance isn't on. I'm also sick of getting so utterly trounced by the opposition, that I'm convinced that auto-balance isn't on.

DICE have simply rehashed the big failings of BF3 and incremented the game version number. From a life-long player from the BF1942 days, it's such a pity to see and a frustration to play. Losing to a better player is never a problem. Losing to a player simply because the sad f**k has 26 hours a day free to clamber up the unlock mountainside and make himself so outclassed - clearly is.

DICE, you haven't dropped the ball on this. You've dropped one almighty sweaty, putrid, festering and cheesy bollock.

Thanks for ruining the series for me. w**kers. :mad:

D.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
What are you using against tanks? With the RPG I'm sure it's 4 hits and bye bye tank. The auto heal is an odd one, in 3 it was 50% or below requires fixing iirc, doesn't matter the damage in this, as long as you hide it repairs itself, lol.

With aircraft, the delay between flares/ECM jammer replenishing is a lot more. 20 seconds for flares iirc and 23 for ECM.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Well I've managed to get to Rank 4 and both my patience and interest in this online are rapidly wearing thin.

... <snip> ...

DICE, you haven't dropped the ball on this. You've dropped one almighty sweaty, putrid, festering and cheesy bollock.

Thanks for ruining the series for me. w**kers. :mad:

D.
Give it here. I'll fix it. LOL! :D

Sounds very frustrating, mate. I'm not into the series at all I'm afraid so can't comment on how bad things are (mainly because I don't have a 'Net connection stable enough for online gaming) but it certainly does sound like there are fundamental issues with some of the core elements of the game. Bl00dy game developers need shooting! But you'd probably miss and it would require 9 direct hits with a T-90... :(

Track 172, Focus RS
Must admit, i quite like the game. On another level to cod! There are issues but im sure they will be ironed out by ps4

IMO both this and Ghosts are pretty dire on XBox360. I returned my hardened edition to asda and sold my BF4 on ebay.

Next gen however, BF4 looks superb.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
What are you using against tanks? With the RPG I'm sure it's 4 hits and bye bye tank. The auto heal is an odd one, in 3 it was 50% or below requires fixing iirc, doesn't matter the damage in this, as long as you hide it repairs itself, lol.

With aircraft, the delay between flares/ECM jammer replenishing is a lot more. 20 seconds for flares iirc and 23 for ECM.

Just the standard AT weapon. It's pathetically underpowered - especially with the laughable auto-repair on the opposing vehicles. Seeing a smoking scout helicopter (not even a gunship) simply stop smoking over time and carry on with it's unlimited ammo'd business - just further enhances the stupidity that is now BF4.

MBTs are now the secondary prime vehicles on the map. That crown has been well and truly snatched by the AA tanks. Proof needed? Take the map with the dish - opposing main battle tanks respawn for fun - but only one AA tank respawns at that point under the dish. Get any flyboy on the map and they rape armour - again due to the auto-repair f**k-up. You can be super accurate, gaining 12 points here and there with your heavy MG mount on top. But you need the sustained hits that only the 20mm and Vulcan cannons of the AA tanks can provide. AA tanks are also excellent anti-infantry vehicles too - being able to fire zillions of rounds in the region of an identified red marker ^ - with the only danger being if the gun overheats. Wow. Get hit with an AT - just reverse against that building and let yourself repair.

DICE - forget the graphics for BF5. Forget the excellent war-tapes sound effects for BF5. Immediately shoot any member of the dev team that so much mentions the term 'unlocks' for BF5, before anything else. Sign me up for a week on the initial draft-spec. I'd even pay for myself to be present, in order to provide a voice of what you did so right, all those bloody years ago.

Reinventing nostalgia can be dangerous. But when it's clearly correct and far superior to the current tat that's out there - something needs addressing.

D.

BG Clio 182
For me at least its been absolutley faultless on the Ps3 no problems at all. I used to have no end of problems with BF3 disconnects etc.. but BF4 has been very smooth so far. This will tide me over until the new year when i get a Ps4.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm also sick of you and the enemy getting killed at the same time. Happens far too often, I'm getting cheesed off with it

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
starting to wonder if i should cancel my pre order for this (XBoxOne)

I wouldn't m8 - be free to make up your own mind with it :) I guess I'm just vocal about my dislike about the recent BF games as I've consistently played as an engineer, or piloted various vehicles. I'm not that interested in Battlefield as an infantry-based FPS game and unfortunately, they have nerfed so much of the fun (and arguably) skill of using the vehicles.

That's my own opinion though - and you might like it. But coming from the tried and tested awesomeness that was Battlefield 1942 and even the freebie Desert Combat plug-in - the latter games simply aren't as good. It's as if DICE felt compelled to match the unlock frenzy that made the COD games so popular, rather than reward the player for being skilled. Even non-vehicle stuff has been meddled with. I couldn't snipe for s**t in the early Battlefield games and now I'm finding it very straight forward. I managed to find a Barrett .50 on one level and that was simply a shoot-fest. Is that a good or a bad thing? Personally, I'm more in awe of someone who plays the game consistently as a recon and gets used to how their specific weapons play out.

D.

No thread has ever made me want something as much as this.

LOLOLOLOL
but srs, think I'll pick it up in the morrow..

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Hmm, I was playing a game earlier and I was behind an enemy, as I started to shoot him in the back he began to take someone's dog tags, but I was still shooting him all up the back throughout the animation? The bullets only did any damage when he had taken the guys tags. That is not cool.

FF 182
Hmm, I was playing a game earlier and I was behind an enemy, as I started to shoot him in the back he began to take someone's dog tags, but I was still shooting him all up the back throughout the animation? The bullets only did any damage when he had taken the guys tags. That is not cool.

Did you get the players name?

I took someones tags earlier while being sprayed in the back lol, was on Rogue Transmission map.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Emptied what would have been several hundred rounds from a top mount turret into a patrolling Little-Bird and two snipers that I continued to spot on a nearby skyscraper roof.

Didn't kill anything - despite my cross-hair continually flashing that hits were being recorded. Then someone spotted us and we got a cruise missile plopped on our ass. I'm so disappointed that our thermal feathers, jam coating, additional driving wheels and khaki combat paint weren't enough to stop us getting killed. Then just after that, an APC came trundling by - loaded with three enemies and I took a reflex shot with the AT tube. Blew the thing up and killed all three of them. No idea how or why, but the game clearly does. The APC wasn't even smoking, FFS. :S

This game just gets stranger and stranger the more you play it.

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL Darren. For someone who hates this game so much it's certainly got your replay gene into gear ;)

I'm just hoping next gen is a step up from the shambles you and many others have described for current gen and even PC.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Can't watch it in work, is Op Metro confirmed :D?

It is mate. There's elevators and stuff now but you can certainly tell it's Metro.

Oh, and the guy also confirms it's in. LOL. Firestorm, Metro, Gulf of Oman and Caspian Border. New weapons, vehicles, game modes, play as the Chinese army etc.

Revels Mum & Sister
What is the Single Player campaign like? Watched some Videos and it looks fun. No interest in Multi Player but wouldnt mind a bash at SP!