ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Really looking forward to having a go on this when (if) my PS4 arrives tomorrow.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm going to set up Premium tonight on LordGedi account. Aye nee bother Liam, noticed you got rid of PS3 today

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Finally reserved my PS4 copy of this to pick up on the way home from work.

Clio 172
Played last night and leveled up 4 times in 3 hours lol. Servers were quite laggy even after another patch. You can tell EA have dropped a bollock when the game is now £27 on origin.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Played last night and leveled up 4 times in 3 hours lol. Servers were quite laggy even after another patch. You can tell EA have dropped a bollock when the game is now £27 on origin.

Yep - I went up twice in under an hour last night :). The mechanics of the game are laughably so full of fail in Barbie Mode. Teamed up with an excellent chopper dude on that island map - me and another engineer hanging out of each side of his Little Bird. We strafed, captured, defended and recaptured on that map continuously - quickly repairing the helo whenever it got hit and taking pot shots at the infantry on the ground. The ONLY time we died was when a n00b pilot on our own side, flew in and tried to capture the point we were hovering over in his own scout chopper. He failed and ploughed into us - lol!

But essentially, those points rocketed upwards. And we were pretty much invulnerable. DICE, really - come on - it's borderline cheating! ;)

D.

Evo 5 RS

Is it really? lol! That's saying something...I've not been able to get on for 48 hours. Kicks me instantly every time. Given up TBH. So long BF...you had a good run.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmmm - accuracy stats for me on the BF series (I don't count BF3 as I put about 2 hours into it!)...

• Battlefield 2 = 22%
  • Battlefield 2142 = 24%
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2 = 43%
  • Battlefield 4 = 6%

I'd suggest that from that, that the game is highly reliant on gaining accuracy through various unlocks. Or, online play really is broken - lol.

D.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Has anyone pre order this with Amazon and got it yet?

What abuse you been getting like being Commander? Daft that like

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
No the commander can't be killed, and when your done you exit by leaving that server, if your playing with mates that's a bad one. It took me about 5 ish goes to fully understand what you need to do. Small maps you can call in Missles and bigger maps it's the AC-130. You have to capture a specific flag to use scans, missle, AC and so on. Call in supply drops. It's quit good you can communicate to all squads but after a few goes it does getting boring. Then you have to leave server and can't just exit and carry on playing with mates on that very same server as you could on BF2142
Also you have to be rank 10 to unlock the commander mode. You don't get that many points as you could on 2142 I remember you could be top player being commander not in BF4

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
For XBox One users, holding the (old) start button will bring up a nice detailed full view of the map. If you then press RB it brings up the scoreboard.

Fiesta ST
How is it m8? Is it pretty straight forward? Is the commander on the battlefield too? Can he be killed?

D.

Yeah it's pretty cool, looks good on the Ipad. It's ideal when you want to kill some time and are away from the PC. You need to install the Battelog application as well as Commander application if you want to choose servers you want to connect to (I'm PC so not sure how it works on consoles). The Battlelog application is just like the webpage login screen on PC including all the stats and kitting out your classes.

Apparently the abuse was: I wasn't needed etc so I don't know if I take up an essential player spot and that's why they were annoyed? but I'm sure there was plenty of spots left.

It's great when you get kills with the cruise missile!

liking the sniper, adjusting the scope for different distance seems awesome... just got a 600m headshot. Liking it so far

Clio 172
Is it really? lol! That's saying something...I've not been able to get on for 48 hours. Kicks me instantly every time. Given up TBH. So long BF...you had a good run.

Had a solid run, done 4 levels today and had some rounds that were so bad I would have got more points not playing. No metro yet on pc :(

Clio 182
Xbox 360 for me, some crashes but no where near as bad as when gta went online, graphics are amazing and levelation is something else- definitely worth a look in, I find it a bit harder than bf3, finished up bf3 with 1.62k/d, currently on 1.49 on bf4- top tip burst fire ;)

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Its defo far harder than the others in terms of weaponry and unlocks, but im now level 8-9 and starting to be in the top 5 consistently. Always wondered about the commander thing, anyone know how its done on the xbox one?

Clio 182
You need to be rank 10 to be commander, means u can call in uav strikes and supplies (depending on what rank you are - subject to unlocks),

I find it much harder to actually see enemies/ get the controls mixed up with gta,

Commander can be done via Xbox, tablet (iPad etc, PC) bit disappointing as I thought it was iphone as well

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
PS4 version is quite stunning IMO, the difference between this and the PS3 game is unbelievable.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Got my PS4 copy now, installed it and pressed Multiplayer and it says " you are too young or don't have correct permission to access online features" how do I sort this out? Never had this before

now I'm getting " you have lost the connection to the EA servers,online features will be unavailable"

Last edited:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Played it yet @Geddes ? It's sooooo different from PS3.

nah not yet , just re set my rank n stats. Got Premium now. Just going in the Test Range for a bit to get use on the controller before heading on.

Fietec me and Liam got Killzone too and Aly so your not alone lol. We'll be on that too. But yeah your missing out on BF4 like it's really good