ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Barnett's Odyssey dci

Arctic 182FF
Recently purchased a dci which is starting to come along now so thought it was time for a thread.

I used to own (and still do own as it's up for sale at the moment) a 1.2 16v, which I bought completely standard and ended up looking like this when I'd (nearly) finished with it.
Progress thread here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?652574-Barnett-s-ph2-odyssey-first-car

IMAG0303_1_zpsb87f7e34.jpg

I wasn't even looking for a car when I was bored and flicked onto the for sale section here and noticed a dci80, which some of you may recognise as "Scrooge's Dogs**t DCI More-door."

clio_zps578a4a75.jpg

clioback_zps55991c11.jpg

After lots of obsessing, justifying to myself that it's a good idea and borrowing money, I made the 160 mile trip to view the car. A few hours later I left with an empty pocket and a new car.

On the way home it seemed like I had made a good choice...

IMAG0551_zpsbbdfd8f6.jpg

It needed a few bits doing, so I replaced the brake light in the cup spoiler, the wipers, mats etc.
Still in the process of sourcing some bullets for it as I can't find dci ones anywhere.

I wanted to ensure I didn't lose all of the money I had spent on mods for the 1.2, which is why I went for this colour so that bits wouldn't have to be resprayed. Took both cars down to Dan at SJ motors (Danlp6) to get parts swapped over.

1.2 looking sad

IMAG0576_zpsf45ceb1a.jpg

dci up on the ramps, xenons fitted

IMAG0577_zps7ed90c9e.jpg

dci with 172 rear bumper and new rear lights (controversial), sorry for rubbish pic

IMAG0578_zps68085bc0.jpg

The final product, twins!

IMAG0580_zps79a48383.jpg

Most (read 'all') people will be glad to see I haven't kept the white renault 19 alloys (also for sale). Other little bits I've done are spraying all the badges graphite grey, colour coding boot button and some interior bits which I'm yet to take photos of.

Bits already done to the car by previous owner(s) include:

Remap to ~115bhp and ~180lb/ft torque (approximate figures as I haven't seen the rr readouts but trust Scrooge)
Lowered 30mm on Eibach springs
Colour coded
Cup spoiler
172 ph1 interior

My future plans include:

Remove tints (ASAP)
Fix leaky sunroof
Fix driver's side speaker

Wishlist:

Coilovers (maybe)
Decat (Also maybe)
Wheel refurb/new wheels

I've probably forgotten some things and there won't be a lot of updates since the car is already pretty much exactly how I want it.

Comments and constructive criticism/ideas welcome :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looks nice that mate! I love a bit of Odyssey Blue.. Look forward to seeing it on Sunday.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Bloody good progress so far :)

Always hated those tints so glad you're getting rid!

Arctic 182FF
Thanks for the comments guys. If anyone has any suggestions for things to do to the car I'd love to hear them as I'm struggling to think of anything else other than removing the tints

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Coilovers made it a stupidly fun car for me, proper ones like konig sports obviously.

Monaco 172
Cars coming on really nicely josh, got yourself a really nice car there. I definitely think coilovers would turn this into a really fun car as Scrooge said. Please keep this updated!!

Arctic 182FF
Thanks Joss. I'm tempted by coilovers as the front is too high in my opinion, the back sits about right but it almost seems to have reverse rake which I don't like.
However the ride is really smooth at the moment so I'm reluctant to change the suspension. I had a quick look around the internet for coilovers and I'm quite tempted by to highsports as they're fairly cheap and I've been told they're decent. However if I do get coilovers it won't be until next year.

Arctic 182FF
Forgot to mention that I also put 20mm spacers on the front and 16mm on the back. The wheels don't sit as far out as I'd like but I had issues on the last car with tyres scrubbing the arches on the back. Does anyone know the maximum you can space the back out on a non sport with 172 alloys without it scraping?

Arctic 182FF
Well I was hoping to have had a great deal more done by now. But with the car needing a new clutch, aux belt and a service, the mods have had to go on the back-burner for the time being.

However I did manage to source some bullets and got some pictures of the interior changes.

Sprayed the dash strips, gear insert, steering wheel insert and steering wheel diamond in Ford Graphite grey:
IMAG0712_zpsb7f43fb5.jpg

IMAG0717_zpsb3d6f3fe.jpg

IMAG0720_zps2669acfd.jpg

I found it very difficult to put the gear insert sticker on straight. Anyone got any tips for this?

Decided to continue the blue and graphite theme for the bullets:
IMAG0690_zps1587c2d2.jpg

IMAG0700_zps3bf70806.jpg

IMAG0706_zps9b0cbb72.jpg

IMAG0711_zps34d84b64.jpg

For the record I wouldn't really suggest this method, but I couldn't think of any better way to get the two colours on. I tried using a similar grey nail varnish to paint it on but it didn't come out very well.
I would've taken a picture of them fitted but the car is filthy so it makes the colour match look awful.

Hoping to have some decent mods in the next month or so.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Coming along mate, looks nice in the flesh! Hopefully see you at a meet sometime this year..

Arctic 182FF
Thanks Lawro. Any meets I shouldn't miss this year? I'm yet to go to a meet in the Bristol area (originally from North Wales), but would like to go to some once I've got the car looking the way I want it.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
FCS is normally a good shout, especially given the fact its on our door step.

I think were looking at doing a drive over the Brecon's when it warms up a little, always a cracking day out.

Arctic 182FF
Just looked it up and seems like a good shout given how close it is. Is there normally a good turn out from cs members?

I now aim to get the car how I want it by FCS.

List of things to do by then, excluding things that need to be done (clutch, service etc.) are:
Coilovers (looking at FK highsports at the moment, but open to suggestions)
Wheel refurb in grey/anth or new wheels
Retrofit cruise control
Decat
Fresh plates
and a few other cosmetic things.

Which reminds me, I forgot to mention that I've also taken off the tints now, replaced the motor for the screen wash, and swapped the grill over from my last car since I'd painted it satin black.

Arctic 182FF
First little update in a while. I'd fell out of love with my car a bit, not doing anything to it for a while. But since I started selling off parts of my old car, the people buying them (mainly ZanderMichaelJason ) got me talking about plans for the car, and seeing other modifying their clios got me back in the spirit.

Something I've been wanting to do for a while but I was always a little apprehensive because I didn't know if I was going to be able to do it myself was an LED dash conversion. Following Fubar's guide to getting the dash off made the process a lot easier, and after a lot of trial and error I finally managed to solder the new LEDs in place, with the exception of one as I think I may have fried that bit of circuitboard (it's been a while since I soldered).

Quick pics:
IMAG0898_zps03d6dd3b.jpg

IMAG0899_zps5a651446.jpg

I also changed the rear numberplate light since it was all faded, scratched and yellow. Replaced with brand new lens and 6000k LED bulb.

Before:
IMAG0895_zps7690bd19.jpg

After:
IMAG0896_zps9bc51eeb.jpg

Had another rather special delivery a few days ago, I picked up a set of FK Highsport coilovers. Unfortunately these won't be on for around a month.

IMAG0901_zpsf1823eac.jpg

I may be doing something with the wheels, but since it's not set in stone yet, I won't reveal my plans.

First little update in a while. I'd fell out of love with my car a bit, not doing anything to it for a while. But since I started selling off parts of my old car, the people buying them (mainly @ZanderMichaelJason ) got me talking about plans for the car, and seeing other modifying their clios got me back in the spirit.

Something I've been wanting to do for a while but I was always a little apprehensive because I didn't know if I was going to be able to do it myself was an LED dash conversion. Following Fubar's guide to getting the dash off made the process a lot easier, and after a lot of trial and error I finally managed to solder the new LEDs in place, with the exception of one as I think I may have fried that bit of circuitboard (it's been a while since I soldered).

Quick pics:
IMAG0898_zps03d6dd3b.jpg

IMAG0899_zps5a651446.jpg

I also changed the rear numberplate light since it was all faded, scratched and yellow. Replaced with brand new lens and 6000k LED bulb.

Before:
IMAG0895_zps7690bd19.jpg

After:
IMAG0896_zps9bc51eeb.jpg

Had another rather special delivery a few days ago, I picked up a set of FK Highsport coilovers. Unfortunately these won't be on for around a month.

IMAG0901_zpsf1823eac.jpg

I may be doing something with the wheels, but since it's not set in stone yet, I won't reveal my plans.

That LED conversion looks damn sexy! I wish I was as confident as you to do something like that! Maybe in the future I may give that a try!
Looking forward to seeing what you're going to do with the coilovers and wheels ;)

Arctic 182FF
So I was impatient (as usual) and got the coilovers fitted last night, thanks to lemonnobby1

Just the one quick pic, I think it may be ever so slightly too low, but we'll see how it looks when I get the new wheels on (which won't be for around a month, no really I'm serious this time!)

IMAG0902_1_zps6b811e41.jpg

Titanium 182
Looks class this mate, not usually keen on 5 door projects but really like what you've done so far.

Arctic 182FF
Thanks for all the positive comments. I was a bit unsure of whether to go for coilovers or not, but I'm really glad I did because I think it looks loads better and the handling is awesome now.

Just a few more little touches to come and the new wheels and I think I'll be finished :)

Clio RS
Hi, very nice with this coilovers!

Could you please give me a favor? Could you give me the number of the rear springs please?

Arctic 182FF
It's been over a month mate, where are these new wheels at? ;)

Haha sorry mate but there's been a monumental **** up with the wheels. They were advertised as 15" but it wasn't until I'd got them re-bored and sandblasted that i realised they were actually 14", so they won't be going on now :(

Progress has been particularly slow lately as I had to fork out £800 last month for a new clutch, aux belt and alternator!

Hi, very nice with this coilovers!

Could you please give me a favor? Could you give me the number of the rear springs please?

Not sure of the parts number sorry. They're just the springs that came with my FK Highsport coilovers. The adjusters are still in but have been wound all the way down. Hope that helps!

Arctic 182FF
Tiny update today. Haven't done much to the car for ages due to large bill mentioned in above post.

However, I finally got around to fitting my fresh number plates today, no 'before' shots but some rubbish after shots, had to rush the pictures as it started to rain. You can't really tell from the pictures but the front one is cut down ever so slightly so that it sits flush with the top of the lower grill.

The car isn't particularly clean either, I gave it a very quick wash just to get rid of the tree sap which was making it all greasy. It was while washing it that I realised what terrible condition my wheels are in. I'll be looking for some new wheels when I have some money.

IMAG1077_zpsa89fc42e.jpg

IMAG1076_zpsa31c9792.jpg

I also bought a set of wind deflectors and fitted them today. I wanted them for their actual function rather than for the way they look, but I think they look alright, probably not an improvement but they don't ruin the car in my eyes.

IMAG1079_2_zpsbaa33cd1.jpg

Arctic 182FF
Thanks for the comments guys :)

Looks really nice mate, some side 172 skirts, would give an awsome clean look

You're right, it would look better with 172 side skirts. However I believe it's a right pain to fit them because I don't have sport front wings. I'll look into it though, thanks for the advice.