ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Average owners age?

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
39 this year.
missed my younger days in a good old hot hatch
and the cliosport is the closest thing to the true original template.
loving every minute of it too!

Mk2 Ph2 172
I think a wide range of ages enjoy the 1*2 by the looks of things :p. I'm 20, but if I had to guess the average age I'd probably say 25-30 if I had to throw it out there.

I just have the perception that older people would go for newer or more serious wheels and that others wanting a classic would have something that is more of a classic (e.g. my father getting a Lancia Integrale a few years ago / mid fourties, but currently has an Impreza).

I suppose that it is just a cracking cheap fun car though, which favours the young and those that want some fun for sensible money.

I just sold my e36 M3 Evo and mk4 golf R32 as I had to put money towards buying a house.... Will be moving in at some point this year...

But will be getting another M3 once the car fund builds up again, but i will hang on to the clio also ;)

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
im 49 having as much fun now as when i was in the ford rs owners club when i was 18 with a white rs2000, went in a new 200 recently thought it was boring and why put electric seats in a megane rs? come on renault:race:

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
Radio 2. Ken Bruce's popmaster is epic!

Back on topic, seems these Clio's have a cult following with all age groups :race:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
i'm 27, had this clio for 4 years and my 172 before for 3, still love em but starting to feel i should get something else.

172 cup
This is my third 172cup and I love them :hail:

I could afford a more exPensive car, but why spend more when a Cup gives me everything I want for next to nothing really

I don't give a toss if other people think I should be driving something more expensive, I'm old enough to know that other peoples opinions count for nothing.

I'm 52 love the car and had a 205 GTi before, hope to have the 172 Cup a long time, It'll probably out live me lol.

Regards Russ......

172 Cup
I'm 26, had a 306 GTI-6 before the 172 Cup, keen to stay in little old hot hatches until I can afford a 964/993 911 - hopefully in the next 2-3 years, not too fussed about anything new and reliable :D

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Im 36, had a R5 GTT when i was 19, only bought my PH1 172 as a sunday toy and i guess the closest thing to the R5 was all them years ago in its rawness.

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
Had mine when I was 21. Bought it off an old geezer. Needed two walking sticks to get around!

FFCC RS Clio 200
Im 21 and have just bought my FFCC 200. But my dad was also thinking about getting one.... and he's 50! (With a race licence too!) :O

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
I guess I would get a prize if I were a member? @ 63 and retired, though there are exceptional circumstances for my ownership.
The 182 is very special and here with me long term, I am presently restoring it to pristine condition, it's great to drive too - the sit-up driving position favours us old-timers.

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
well ive had 350+bhp sti scoobys,tommi mak evo,2 e46 m3's,and just sold my e46 bmw 330ci to buy
my gorgeous mint 60kmile fsh 2001 flamer 172.
why pay for 23mpg bmw's when you can have so much more fun in a pocket rocket?!
we also have a remapped mk4 golf gt tdi on coilovers that still does 500+miles to a tank and drives brilliantly for long runs/family car
the clio is my fun toy after i sold my fireblade due to our son arriving next month.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I know of a odd couple who drive a BG 182, the guy is almost 70 and his mrs is just about 60, nice couple though.

pimp mobile Zafira
Bought the 182 at 32. Coming up to 34 and still loving it. For the price these things cost you can't beat it.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
37 with the 182, but to be fair its more the misses car than anything else.
bought another 172 cup last summer for little track fun, and the misses has recently said im heading for a midlife crisis as just before christmas i bought a Ultimate Green Focus RS aswell :D

no harm in having to many toys ;)

clio 182 black /gold
I have had mine since i was 32 and i have had 7 years. You are never too old to drive one.