ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Austin’s Clio dci 100 Initiale

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
as above if you have a tuner list you can only use tuner lists, and vice versa
I have an update list though mate to relace the tuner list?

I don't know what it originally came with anyway as it was aftermarket when i bought it, and Kyle sent me a tuner list.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I have an update list though mate to relace the tuner list?

I don't know what it originally came with anyway as it was aftermarket when i bought it, and Kyle sent me a tuner list.
In that case it might have been an update list from factory sorry I thought you said it had a tuner list previous.

54plate is right around the changeover my 1.6 16v was a 54 plate facelift and had an update list cabasse

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Good to see its still grafting. My orange dci is catching yours up on the miles 150k now😁
Will be interesting to see what flags up in the mot in January as I haven't replaced anything since all the initial work at the start.
You still using the blue one too?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Update list is from the ph3 onwards which yours is with it's digital dials. I would try and get an update list cabasse auditorium if you can as the sound quality is far superior to the standard ones. You can swap over the faceplate if you find one from a late 182.
Update list uses an AUX connection instead of the connects 2 device. You need to enable aux in the menu. There's a youtube video on how to do it.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I had to lose the cd changer to plug in the connects 2.
Not the best audio quality but does the job for me.
I’m also looking for an undertray, will try a 182 one and see if it fits..
182 will fit mate, all mk2 are the same.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Update list is from the ph3 onwards which yours is with it's digital dials. I would try and get an update list cabasse auditorium if you can as the sound quality is far superior to the standard ones. You can swap over the faceplate if you find one from a late 182.
Update list uses an AUX connection instead of the connects 2 device. You need to enable aux in the menu. There's a youtube video on how to do it.
I tried the update list last night and it didn't work.

BMW 320d SE
Update list was in the later 182s. Mine had one and was a 54 plate. My 04 plate had a tuner list head unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not all ph3 had them for some reason there must have been a cross over, my ph3 1.6 16v had a facelift front end, digital dials but a tunerlist cabasse from the factory.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
CAR ALARM PROBLEM

Anyone help with this... for some reason the alarm has decided to start going off on its own. I have read a few things about alarm sensors inside the car and the bonnet sensor etc but nothing clear. I disconected the bonnet sensor but that hasnt solved it anyway.

I have just unlocked the car and it made the beep sound 4 times, now im sat in the car without the keys in the ignition and the little red light next to the gear stick is flashing 3 times then has a pause then flashes 3 times again, and so on.

Any ideas what the issue could be and how to solve it?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks @gez 172 and @Mazz , i have replaced the bonet sensort with a spare i had and so far no alarm so im wondering if that might have been the problem.

I did wonder about the battery but i know thats only 2-3 years old max and the indicator says its good. I might check with my multi meter out of curiosity anyway.

I also started to wonder if messing with the headunit may have caused it as it only happened after that. Although thinking about it, im sure this happened once a few months back so who knows....

I’ve had to have a play with the bonnet sensor in the past thinking about it.
All I did is press it repeatedly (clarkson style) te voila, haven’t had a beep since (replaces battery too shortly after).

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Heater resister pack went faulty as the blowers were on full spped even when turning them off on the climate control panel. Ordered a new aftermarket unit on eBay for £11 and it is now fixed. Fiddley job and needed a 6mm spanner to get the bolt out.
B124C570-4878-4AF4-A1E6-8679BFA9EA7C.jpeg

The dci is racking the miles up now with a daily commute of at least 50 miles. Needs a clean but gets dirty straight away anyway with the winter weather.

35DAC9BE-D026-428D-A5A7-C03645AB3B7B.jpeg

Moved house and now have the most important thing which was a must when hunting for a new house.... a double garage. Im looking forward to getting the machine polisher out properly and being indoors with it.

I feel like something might be abut to fail on the car. I have stalled a couple of times this week and put it down to not wnough revs, but today when driving ina straight line (not low fluid) the stop and battery light came on flickering very fast. Im hoping this is a new battery needed and not an alternator but I know it could be either. I will get the multi meter out and check the battery.

Merry Christmas to all.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thanks @gez 172 and @Mazz , i have replaced the bonet sensort with a spare i had and so far no alarm so im wondering if that might have been the problem.

I did wonder about the battery but i know thats only 2-3 years old max and the indicator says its good. I might check with my multi meter out of curiosity anyway.

I also started to wonder if messing with the headunit may have caused it as it only happened after that. Although thinking about it, im sure this happened once a few months back so who knows....
Those indicators on a battery can be a bit misleading.
I'm going back a few years now when my battery died , had to call out the RAC. The indicator was still green. RAC guy said that it only indicates that 1 cell is ok , not all of them. Changed the battery and the old battery was in my garage and still showing green weeks later.
Get your multimeter on it then you'll know for sure.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Those indicators on a battery can be a bit misleading.
I'm going back a few years now when my battery died , had to call out the RAC. The indicator was still green. RAC guy said that it only indicates that 1 cell is ok , not all of them. Changed the battery and the old battery was in my garage and still showing green weeks later.
Get your multimeter on it then you'll know for sure.
Thanks mate. Multimeter shows 12.9 so its fine. I was wrong though, its the STOP light and the handbrake light that keeps flickering! Any ideas?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thanks mate. Multimeter shows 12.9 so its fine. I was wrong though, its the STOP light and the handbrake light that keeps flickering! Any ideas?
Handbrake light is flickering when you're driving , especially round bends?
If it is ,that's usually low brake fluid level which could also indicate your brake pads are worn down causing the brake fluid level to drop.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Brake fluid solved the problem 👍🏽

Have a juddering when changing gears which i need to work out. Engine mount looks ok i think. MOT in a couple weeks anyway so will have a good look then.

cleaned the egr today as its been lower than usual on mpg and although no engine light on, when i plugged it in there was a fault logged for gas recirculation (egr)

same as it has always been. The outside of the casing was covered in wet oil but inside the chamber was the usual thick dry sooty stuff.

5E003B5A-2A14-4941-ACA5-6D519397EE84.jpeg
1372C3C1-1B96-4148-B796-40937674E7C6.jpeg
2172A632-178A-48E9-8C75-07698D5AB116.jpeg
6988F912-A0AE-4412-853F-33ECE03AFD95.jpeg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Wait!

Get a screwdriver and an old hoover with a bit of hose taped to the end in that inlet!!! That thing is gross!😂

Have you taken the J-pipe off and cleaned that too?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Wait!

Get a screwdriver and an old hoover with a bit of hose taped to the end in that inlet!!! That thing is gross!😂

Have you taken the J-pipe off and cleaned that too?

i did the j pipe a year ago when i bought it and it was clean. Strange as i expected it to be full.
The other bit, the inlet? I didnt even know what that was and how you would get it off? I cleaned as much as i could with a screwdriver but it looks like it needs a proper clean. Is it even possible?

I’d say you have a leaky turbo Austin. Think about getting a new cartridge for it with new seals, they’re only around £100.
Also on these 100 is very easy to clean the inter cooler out once the bumper is off, I’d try that too.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
i did the j pipe a year ago when i bought it and it was clean. Strange as i expected it to be full.
The other bit, the inlet? I didnt even know what that was and how you would get it off? I cleaned as much as i could with a screwdriver but it looks like it needs a proper clean. Is it even possible?
The inlet mani is cast into the head so you can only clean so much. But the EGR housing can be removed (bit of a pain in the arse)

And yeah, your turbo is spewing, mine was the same when I sold it. Your EGR will just keep clogging over and over

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I still think it's your turbo on the way out I said this months ago on this thread iirc

Why do you think that mate? I have no idea when it comes to turbos. I know this was said before by yourself and others, but i have done 11k over the last year since owning and it is still going. What other signs would there be that the turbo is failing?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I’d say you have a leaky turbo Austin. Think about getting a new cartridge for it with new seals, they’re only around £100.
Also on these 100 is very easy to clean the inter cooler out once the bumper is off, I’d try that too.

I wouldn't have a clue where to start with that mate. I will try anything, but i need to see it first before i give it a go.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
The inlet mani is cast into the head so you can only clean so much. But the EGR housing can be removed (bit of a pain in the arse)

And yeah, your turbo is spewing, mine was the same when I sold it. Your EGR will just keep clogging over and over

Yea looked at it and though how would i get the rest of that off!

What do you mean? Leaking oil from the seals? How would it be resolved?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yea looked at it and though how would i get the rest of that off!

What do you mean? Leaking oil from the seals? How would it be resolved?

What? Lol. Honestly no idea where i would start with that and what i would need to remove.
Yeah it's a stupid design from Renault! Yeah basically the turbo is leaking oil past small seals around the sore shaft down the inducer shaft and flinging it through the intercooler and then it's making its way into the inlet in small amounts. You can find the cores for them pretty easy or just get a new turbo

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's a stupid design from Renault! Yeah basically the turbo is leaking oil past small seals around the sore shaft down the inducer shaft and flinging it through the intercooler and then it's making its way into the inlet in small amounts. You can find the cores for them pretty easy or just get a new turbo

thanks mate you are always very clued up.

whats involved with changing a turbo? Is it difficult? Bolt on bolt off?