ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attention MKIII Clio owners, Fitted Roof Bars

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Just fitted the Posher Touring Lne aluminium aero bars from renault, compaired to the harmony range they look and feel superb, these bolt to the body as opposed to clamp (like on the MKII), they also DO NOT TOUCH THE PAINT WORK:approve: . Ready for the bike rack and roof box now! Probably a boring post for none MKIII owners.

Touring line bars are £110 Part no 77 11 221 420
Harmony (steel covered in black plastic) £89
Pay the extra and get these you will not be disappointed.

mkiiibars4jk9.jpg

See the gap between bodywork, no worries if you want to leave em on for ages without marking paint.
mkiiiroofbarsaero2es2.jpg

The alu bars are really chunky, the black strip on bar slides out to reveal the T slot section for thule fixings etc.
mkiiiroofbarsaeroes3.jpg

mkiiibars1ew6.jpg

Hope this helps folks Gary

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
No going camping , saying that i might just sand down the bonnet and put some old shiny wheels trims on!;)

BMW 320d SE
It would be interesting to see if, when you have a bike carrier on, if you can still open the tailgate fully without it hitting the bike carrier.
On my 182, I have the Renault bars with a Thule Velovise carrier. If I don't move the front bar as far forward as possible, the tailgate won't open without hitting the back of the carrier.

Milano Premier CTR
looks a much bettre design than the mk 2 clio roof rack, mine slipped of and scratched my car, also it has scratched the paint where it clamps on, grrr. How do the bars bolt on?

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
It would be interesting to see if, when you have a bike carrier on, if you can still open the tailgate fully without it hitting the bike carrier.
On my 182, I have the Renault bars with a Thule Velovise carrier. If I don't move the front bar as far forward as possible, the tailgate won't open without hitting the back of the carrier.

Plenty of clearance to open boot and rock solid the move i always worried when i had the clamp harmony bars on my 182 it flexed and moved about to much, chuffed with these TBH , ordered another 591 rack aswell.

biketrip2dx6.jpg

biketripvh0.jpg

Clio Sport 197
Can someone please give some more information on attaching the following Renault touring aluminium roof bars. I can see I have the two rear bolt slots on my roof however where does the front bar bolt or clip to?

BTW I have a Renault Clio 197, is this different fixing points than on standard Clio's?

I like the look of the above bars with the Thule outride 561 bike carrier that clamps the front forks of the bike.

Thanks for your help

Can someone please give some more information on attaching the following Renault touring aluminium roof bars. I can see I have the two rear bolt slots on my roof however where does the front bar bolt or clip to?

BTW I have a Renault Clio 197, is this different fixing points than on standard Clio's?

I like the look of the above bars with the Thule outride 561 bike carrier that clamps the front forks of the bike.

Thanks for your help

I need the same info. There only seems to be 2 fixed points on the roof, does this mean I have to buy two seperate systems?