ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Thule roof bars on 3 door '03 clio.

'03 1.2 Dynamique
I've got the correct kit

Thule 1119 fitting kit for 3 door
Thule 754 base mounts
Thule 760 roof bars

The front one is pretty straight forward fitted easily, however the thule instructions for fitting the rear mount 262 to a 3 door is not very clear at all.

Can somebody explain to me where/how to mount this please?

'03 1.2 Dynamique
This is the thing, I do that but.... the roof bar doesn't seem long enough, it does state on the box it's for a clio 3 door, it seems short by 4-5".

It's definitely a 760 bar kit, it's printed on the bar itself it's a 760

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I have not got a closer pic but hopefully this should give you a bit of an idea.

b8e0bce0.jpg

'03 1.2 Dynamique
Looking at your pics I am doing it right. I think I've found the problem the 760 kit isn't long enough (I assume it is for a 5 door), it's a 760/761 bar I need for front and back. The 761 is 4[SUP]3[/SUP]/[SUB]4[/SUB]" bigger which would explain.

Got to love websites that have the wrong info printed on them when buying kits!

Last edited:
  '03 1.2 Dynamique
I got it on. Modified a bit of old 30mm square bar and gave it a coat of hammerite. Fits fine.

Problem was the length of the Thule 760, the kit I was sent was for a 5 door, not a 3 door.