ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Clio Trophy added....

GW Clio 200

to the forums.

Ordered today, have a delivery date of the 15th July, which is an extremely fast turn around.

After seeing the car in the flesh for the first time I was amazed at the difference in colour from what you see on a picture. The vibrant red colour is for want a better word... stunning!!

The interior was identical to my 172Cup apart from obviously those fantastically comfortably and aestectically pleasing Recaros seats, which if I may just emphasise, are extermely "snug" and really give you a feel for the car.

The drive was good but we all new it would be as so are the all the others in the range. It does however feel that bit more responsive, I cant exactly explain why!!

Anyway, together with Nik and Lee we have another addition and I will go along to the next Bluewater meet to give those who havent see one a chance for an inspection and to show off a bit:oops:

Welll impressed and quite excited to be picking up my 3rd Renaultsports car..

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

jesus! a 206!

Glad to see you took the plunge. happy motoring.

Lee

BMW M2C

Nice one. We all knew you would go for it once you got behind the wheel and saw it in the flesh.

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 29 June 2005
And to think... you nearly owned a 206 GTi-180 ;)

I stil do rate Peugeot tbh, I had a fair few and liked them alot... although I love the Renaultsport Clio.

GW Clio 200

Lee Nik what was the delivery time on your cars... I imagine these cars are being produced continuouly as they have stated the fact there will be 500 of them.

I have been giving a 2 week delivery time, does that sound way off!!!

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 29 June 2005
nice, what number you getting ?

Hopefully number 182 :)

But I doubt that !!!

69 99 100 101 woudl all be good numbers to have, but we have stiff competition to get a number as good as 007 licence to thrill!!!

2.0 175dci rs meggy

any one come accross number 182 yet???

a bloke from work is supposed to have his turnt up late this week early next!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by JAMESSRICH on 29 June 2005

its taken

2.0 175dci rs meggy

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 29 June 2005

anyon from here ? or know anyone with it?
its taken

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 29 June 2005Quote: Originally posted by JAMESSRICH on 29 June 2005 any one come accross number 182 yet???

[/QUOTE]anyon from here ? or know anyone with it?
its taken[/QUOTE]

its a VIP apparently

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 29 June 2005

Lee Nik what was the delivery time on your cars... I imagine these cars are being produced continuouly as they have stated the fact there will be 500 of them.

I have been giving a 2 week delivery time, does that sound way off!!!

I picked mine up from the dealer, 2 weeks to the day that placed the order, so id say its spot on :D

Gents,

Im new here and currently running a 172 as my daily driver.....and every day is like Im 17.....and every day I enjoy the clio more and more.......and soon Im getting a Trophy! Orderd now a couple of weeks but given a September delivery, though Monday I was asked if I wanted it earlier! Doh!

Anyhow...great forum you guys have here......can I ask what the average age is. Im feeling a little old!

Cheers

Lee

BMW M2C

Welcome to the club.

Im 28. We have a pretty wide spread of age groups on here. The average has been worked out a few times but I cant remember what it was!

964 RS, lucky man. I have a thing for Porsche.

Lee spooky......how do you know that.....did I put it down somewhere?.....either way Im in the process of selling it (http://www.gtclassics.co.ukwww.gtclassics.co.uk) if you fancy it. Looking at an exige or something similar.....something a little lighter either way.

Lee

BMW M2C

Its in the What car you drive bit under your name.

I couldnt afford the running costs or insurance. My boss offered me his 98 R 996 Carrera 2 very cheap but Id not have the cash to be able to use it. Plus Ive only just got the Trophy.

Hello!!!!.....clearly kin stupid AND old!

Porsche are great Ive had 996 and the RS.....996 was a bit of a gin palace afterthe initial rush (lost 12k in 18months) the RS is without question a fantastic track car but a little to old, becoming too rare and quite expensive to run (but I wont lose any money on depreciation.) If I go back to Porsche itl be for a dedicated track car when I can afford it.

My advice...if you get the chance own one....any one really...they are in a different league...BUT have a daily driver and keep the miles off.

I have as much fun in my clio on the road as I did in my RS, and point to point on twisties its probably quicker 90% of the time. Tracks a different ball game but you easily tire of being blown into the weeds by the GT3 RS on anything like a long straight (Bedford back of Oulton Goodwood etc) and on the twistier circuits youre outpaced by the lightweight stuff....but trying to beat both is always a laugh!

I was thinking of doing the RS Oulton day. Have you done trackdays in your clio?

[Edited by jimbers45 on 30 June 2005 at 3:37pm]

Lee

BMW M2C

I was lucky enough to be taken around the Nurburgring last year in a GT3 RS. Pretty much a dream come true. I always said Id own a Porsche before I hit 30. That has since been revised to 40!! All I want (to start with) is a 993 Carrera 2 in standard trim.

Ive not tracked the Trophy yet but will once its got a few miles on the clock.

I tracked my previous 182 quite a lot. Theres loads of pics here:
http://www.leemather.plus.comLink

Theres also some in car video from my car at Brands Hatch here: http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=13&TopicID=158889&PagePosition=1Link

yes my plan for the 997 Gt3 I had on order was to go to Weisshauch to pick it up....go to the ring then come back via Spa. I also just missed a Spa trip with some guys Im friendly with on the PCGB forum cos I was hols en famile! never mind.

You look smooth at Brands. Always a good thing. Where abouts do you live. I noticed on your site quite a few Midlands meets.

Lee

BMW M2C

Thanks, that was my second time there. Brands is a great little circuit for the Clio. The first time I did it I really ached the following day, as theres no straights to take a breather on. I still think Spa was the best Ive done so far.

Im from Cannock, Staffs, yourself?

Lee

BMW M2C

I dont envy you working there. Although Im in the middle of Birmingham so its not much better to get to.

Maybe well see you at the odd Midlands get together.

dnt take this the wrong way but is it not pointless going from a 172 cup - 182 - Trophy

it must hit you finanically>.

neway hope u enjoy

Megane 225

Quote: Originally posted by jimbers45 on 30 June 2005

Orderd now a couple of weeks but given a September delivery, though Monday I was asked if I wanted it earlier! Doh!
Jimbers, thats exactly the same as me. It was hard to decline getting one sooner wasnt it? Or did you accept the earlier delivery?

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

OFF TOPIC - Do Renault include the number 13 in their numbering systems....13, 113, 213 etc etc? Subaru and other Japanese manufacturers miss them out for superstitious reasons.

klang.....mines a bog 172 because at the time i bought it I couldnt find a new cup.....yep there is a financial implication and before the trophy Id decided to wait for the new RS Clio 2006.....but the 172 had lost most of its money and I dont believe theyll get the 2006 car to where the current RS are in the next year-18months...when the Trophy willve lost most of its money and hey ho the cycle starts again......plus....cars are essentially vanity and you never ever win....pays your money and takes your choice I guess...unless you happen across a race run 917L barn find in a barn owned by a deaf mute, blind, alien AND your a skilled car restorer!

Im still waiting to find out whether Im getting mine earlier and the only nagging doubt will be the plate implication.....wait get the new plate and risk mine being the first one they build after the holiday.....oooohhhhhh nooooooo!