ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AMG to ///M

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Around 1000 after its running in service.
Going to try and do that in a week. Bit more than my normal 200 miles lol.
Did BMW say that? When I got my JCW from Mini it only had 1 mile on the clock.

I asked him about bedding in the engines and he just said we don't. Go for it. Haha

I know my engine is a bit smaller than yours but thought the technology must be on par?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
They use a different oil for the first 1000 miles so needs to be changed and will f**k up the car if driven hard etc. It's been about since atleast 2001/2002 when the E46 came out.

Reactions: Sam

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The fact you're saying pretty sure means it's closer than it should be.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Lol. Looks the same to me. White is drug dealer/520d rep, black is not good for showing the lines etc and grey/silver are lovely but blue is THE colour IMO.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Awesome machine but must say I prefer the Merc.

I think it's something to do with the front end... the Merc sticks out more at the bottom making it look really sleek, whereas the BMW sticks out more at the top making it look a bit frumpy.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
The fact you're saying pretty sure means it's closer than it should be.

Never said they weren't similar but you insinuated it was estoril which it isn't. In the flesh they are quite different as quite often park my Monte Carlo blue m3 next to an estoril blue 2 series

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Either way the colour looks a tad underwhelming for me personally.

It is however an awesome machine.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
This is how it looked when I first bought it with the black 220's
036C95DD-FF56-4579-9F77-22BDE4CB2A22.jpg

Now got genuine 359 comp pack wheels fitted but will be coming off soon for winter got a set of 18" oem 219's with winter tyres
1FE6DD52-1062-42AC-8388-BF4EDE326753.jpg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
That's a lovely lovely lovely thing.

I've always been a bit confused by the running in oil and early first change thing.

Why is it BMW do that and no one else does? Or do they?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That's a lovely lovely lovely thing.

I've always been a bit confused by the running in oil and early first change thing.

Why is it BMW do that and no one else does? Or do they?
All (or most) high end stuff does it.

Normal BMW's it's the same as a corsa/focus but the M cars are worthless if they miss the running in service. All sorts if warranty/resale complications.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Normal BMW's it's the same as a corsa/focus but the M cars are worthless if they miss the running in service. All sorts if warranty/resale complications.
I found even on older cars it's an issue. When I sold the e46, it's one of the first questions everyone asks.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I wish BMW would just do it before they give it to you. Like a rolling road setup with all the right tech to run it in properly.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

So 'high end' cars have it done, and if you don't have it done you'll affect the resale value, understood.

Why is it done though? This M5 knocks out 127 bhp per litre, my ST produces 125 bhp per litre and that's before the warranty-friendly-Mountune MP215. What makes the internals of the ///M units need a special oil when other cars with engines in a similar or higher state of tune do not?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
So 'high end' cars have it done, and if you don't have it done you'll affect the resale value, understood.

Why is it done though? This M5 knocks out 127 bhp per litre, my ST produces 125 bhp per litre and that's before the warranty-friendly-Mountune MP215. What makes the internals of the ///M units need a special oil when other cars with engines in a similar or higher state of tune do not?
It's the difference between a mass produced motor and a special motor. Granted they aren't as special as they used to be, but the forces going on within that motor are vastly different to a 'normal' engine.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
It's the difference between a mass produced motor and a special motor. Granted they aren't as special as they used to be, but the forces going on within that motor are vastly different to a 'normal' engine.
I bet an m5 motor costs a lot more to replace than your ST motor if you punished it from the word go.

Just a thought.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Hmmm, whilst it's really very nice indeed, I don't think it really looks //M enough. I actually prefer the looks of the c63, it looks badass. This looks a little big, cumbersome and soft. Don't get me wrong, as a package I imagine it's about as good as it gets, but looks wise, it's way off the boil.
I think it's difficult to disguise the bulk of the 5 series, and the m3 class have always looked more aggressive than the m5 size cars.