ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am back :-) with a ph1 172 28k

Renault clio 172 ph1
Well after a fairly hard hunt found a absolute mint clio 172 ph1 ( pics will follow tomorrow when light).

anyway before I had a clio 172 cup and sold that for my last car which was a octavia vrs but got board of it and missed the clio so went on the hunt and found one

the car has 28k on the clock
fully standard no mods watsoever
5 brand new Michelin tyres
10montgs mot and tax
oh its silver lol
timing belt been done last year with proof
only one owner from new which was the man who I bought it from who was in his late 60,/
even have the receipt from when he bought the car lol

all that for £1200 so very very happy :) had to go to croydon though from glasgow but was well worth it lol

Renault clio 172 ph1
Aw Ano guys was just out a wee run in the car there and wow no joke it feels like a brand new car.
has all original car mats in pristine condition throughout.

also the spare wheel is a alloy brand new with brand new tyre

got 2 keys and even the keys feel new if that makes sense lol.

i will get the pics up tomorrow when it's daylight but honestly it's like a car out of a show room
everything works perfect even sitcom is ice cold.Has every receipt for the car even the brochure and recipet from when the guy bought the car lol it's unreal honestly folk even has the standard tape deck lol no marks on the seats or nothing lol.

how much would this car be worth in your eyes ? Also going to keep it standard so I won't be modifying it at all I want to keep it original lol

Renault clio 172 ph1
Cheers filters just wanted a roughy idea but I will defo be keeping this car for a long while.

i have had around 8 cars in 5 years 4 of them renault including this one and I also owned a renault 5 gt turbo raider but I have to say this is got to be the best car I have ever owned.i am still shocked he took £1200 for it.

the car was never on gumtree tho was only on car and classic which is were I found it and gave him a call yesterday and told him I would be down in the morning to buy.So my dad left the house around 6am and got a filght down to gatwick then train to Croydon as I was watching my kids and once he seen it he called me to say the car is a steal and it was mint and when I seen it I could not agree more.

i will get good pics up tomorrow of everything including the paperwork and engine bay boot inside and out to show you what I mean lol.
there only a tiny but of wear in steering wheel but it's not like the common ones tbh it's not that bad.So I am over the moon with it I have always wanted a ph1 since I had my cup and just found it hard to find the right one but I rekon this is one of the best in the country and prob one of the lowest milaged 172 ph1's around.

Renault clio 172 ph1
Imprezaworks. I got it from Croydon and seen it advertised on carandclassic.co.uk might still be on there if u have a look.and the at has mot till jan next year and also taxed till jan next year and has recipet for timing belt which was done at 25k and it was done by renault in Croydon at around £590 I think paper works there but can't be bothers looking the now lol.

Renault clio 172 ph1
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/Garyvrs13/embed/slideshow/Mobile%20Uploads"></iframe>

Renault clio 172 ph1
image_zps4859845a.jpg

Renault clio 172 ph1
Right thts most of the pics guys lol.

forgot to show you's the owners manual booklets and the other spare key but al get them up soon.:)

Not got round to hoovering the car yet so will be doing it when it's dry

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
You're a lucky lad finding that! Looks lovely!! What are your plans for it? Keeping it OEM/+ ?

Am i right thinking its an import? Not that it matters a fig, just an observation. :race:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
all I'd being to that is a full pro paint correction, perhaps refurb the wheels if the need it, fully clean and seal underneath and get it valet'd

the new steering wheel from Renault and enjoy, sparingly :)

great purchase!

Renault clio 172 ph1
Well for one guys I will NOT be modifying it lol keeping the at oem.

also will be buying a new steering wheel from renault soon as I have the funds. Just wish I had a stage for it lol :-(

how ow would I be able to tell if it's an import ?

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Delighted to hear you're keeping it OEM :)

Re import.. a few things.

• Reg number is unlikely to be on RUK system.
• Alarm will beep (not silent when locking the car)
• No window etching.
• Bonnet alarm switch is in a different place.
• Car would have had an import certificate.
• Some insurers charge a few quid extra

Just in my experience..

Nice find! very well done :cool:

That steering wheel though, a new one's about £250 (so I hear) if not, get that one re trimmed.