ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AlexW's Driveway Antics :)

Many.
Thanks again for your services today mate.

You're welcome, was good!

How I've not seen this thread before I don't know! Feel like I'm missing out :(

You are!

Found the noise then alex ;)

One of them, still have loads of other noises to find :(

standard issue that ! ;)

had to swap the pulley on mine last year after going through 2 belts. f**kng squeaking

Yeah, although this didn't squeak, more rubbing noise, followed by grinding noise etc.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
mine jingled for abit, then stopped. started eating belts ( well making the squeak ) which we know is improper alignment or tension.

had a new tensioner kit fitted when i swapped engines. so i know it wasnt that. by chance found play in the pulley.

you got lucky tho. having seen what a dci engine does when the belt slips..... injectors/valves/ snapped cam

Many.
I knew it was the pulley, and was just chancing it. I knew as soon as it started making a worse noise, I should stop. so I did lol.
Luckily sorted now.

In other news....

About two weeks ago, I stripped the front end of the inferno to do the PAS pump, Alternator, Aux belt kit and Cambelt kit. I ran out of time that day to finish the job, but I then had no time/decent weather to carry on, so first pics are a couple of weeks old.

Got all the front end stripped.
B00A105B-D82D-464B-BCE0-FD5FBBD4571E_zpsh7zgtfhr.jpg

Old belt
3C58500C-8F3C-434E-9A7C-19BAA68F1E2D_zps68dcvif4.jpg

7511AB93-8D25-4FC5-8EA4-A21D06FA0A10_zpskscnypvr.jpg

Belt etc off
58F814B5-7D3D-46F6-B39A-1DF01D4B7C90_zpsj6cjxw7r.jpg

New cam caps, new dephaser seal (just slighty weeping, but while I'm there etc!)
326C671F-E5E1-40BA-8392-E9E966E0D5FA_zpsndymdl5w.jpg

New belt kit on, timed up with the proper renault tools etc.
930C2EF6-46D8-4221-A3BC-BF4B2E441AA6_zpswelin9kl.jpg

And just before I called it a night (at 7pm) I fitted a new ilder for the aux belt, love how easy it is with the bracket off.
812D50D9-1EBF-4D53-ABF6-62118F44C775_zps57cvcxvz.jpg

Hopefully I'll have time to get it finished this week.

Left to do...
Change oil & filter
Change Pollen filter
Change Air filter
Fit A/C bracket & pump
Fit Alternator & brackets etc
Fit Aux tensioner
Fit Aux belt
Fit painted inlet & associated parts
Fit engine mount
Fit Seat front splitter
Fit headlight & bumper
Change Exhaust hangers (two rear, one centre)
Change interior carpet
Clean whole interior
Mop paintwork
Wax
MOT
Tax
Drive it!

Not a lot to do.... lol!

Many.
What are you actually doing with that inferno? selling it or keeping it? i loose track

Letting it sit on my drive until I finish it lol, Bar that, I don't know yet.

Most likely drive it for a week, then sell it. Have some reasons for wanting money.

Many.
Well I haven't finished the Inferno, Been too busy to even get near it.

But this morning, I added another one to the fleet lol.
meekings14's old DCi. Its most likely requiring a new engine, as its flood damaged, but we'll see, already compression tested it, completely nothing lol.

It got a bit dirty on the way home....
23AA13F6-C579-4130-A109-35553EDE4AB7_zpsx6kcf3qj.jpg

Not the worst driveway in the world.
5e30c9fe-d5ed-4abc-9d67-70ef8c3c0550_zpsfa072a8f.jpg

Plenty to do this weekend!

Many.
So, I should have been getting on with the Inferno this afternoon, but I decided to play with the new DCi.

No pics of stripping it, as I just wanted to get on with it.

But, half way through stripping it I found the timing to be about 120degrees out, suggesting the crank pulley has slipped, or the belt itself, impossible to know though.

Eventually got the head off, no damaged valves at all (lucky!).....
DE6A39D8-DF01-4DFC-814B-CF0ADD9FDDAB_zpsjmm6zxhc.jpg

2 & 3 pistons are fine...
F0224226-4FF3-46A4-A065-8ECA5AE79AB9_zpspe95jpyp.jpg

However, 1 & 4... Number 1 has a bent conrod, causing the piston to sit lower. If it hadn't been for the timing, it would have probs kept running, although poorly.
9E524554-C649-4327-8DA0-40F9193D19C5_zpsovvcbheu.jpg

Can just about see the far piston is slightly lower.

Another car in bits on my drive!
a3269402-8fe1-4afe-af21-f5ebd17fca67_zps70dd9a3a.jpg

Will price up my options and figure it out, either rebuild, replacement bottom end, or replacement full engine.

Til next time.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work on stripping the DCi down that quick. I've always kind of wanted a sport rep DCi, think they make a really cool daily, especially if they are an 80 or 100 that's been modified.

clio dci , ren8
That dci looks good reminds me to much of mine ;) if the rest of the engine is ok , and the water has not screwed the injectors , I would go with putting one rod in it ,May even have some kicking about at work if needed lol

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Got some old 80 rods if you need any Alex
dont think they're bent, still in my old bottom end so will check the piston reaches the top and no bearing damage

Many.
If Carlsberg did Clio driveways ;) nice work pal.

:D Cheers bud.

Nice work on stripping the DCi down that quick. I've always kind of wanted a sport rep DCi, think they make a really cool daily, especially if they are an 80 or 100 that's been modified.

Is the way forward, My 65, producing 76hp is awesome.

I need to make another visit... It's been too long!

You didn't hang about though, but then again, do you ever? ;)

You do indeed, your car must be reliable atm! Sometimes I do... Inferno springs to mind!

That dci looks good reminds me to much of mine ;) if the rest of the engine is ok , and the water has not screwed the injectors , I would go with putting one rod in it ,May even have some kicking about at work if needed lol

Yeah I need to get it stripped further, injectors appear okay so thats a start. Will hopefully get it sorted ASAP.

Got some old 80 rods if you need any Alex
dont think they're bent, still in my old bottom end so will check the piston reaches the top and no bearing damage

Will check this lot out first, just need to check it hasn't damaged the crank at all, will pull the engine out when I get chance.

Many.
Waved goodbye to the cup Today..
F55F1F73-52F8-4C8F-8DB4-C8507C920B0A_zpse50lif3j.jpg

EF684B43-1854-435E-8EB8-9E127E82E95C_zpsi9jobibj.jpg

3DC6B703-9BF0-4AC6-A6EC-E8A761C81828_zpszccfm7rk.jpg

And as some of you may have noticed, I got the Inferno running, right before the lads turned up to collect the shell, won't be the last CS sees of the little Cup either.

Now I need to finish the inferno, and get the DCi rebuilt, eventually!

Many.
Nice to meet you t'other day Alex, sorry I didn't chat much I was busy catching up with everyone.

Was good to meet you too, Don't apologize, I wasn't awake, and had to head off to test ride a motorbike :D, Will have to pop down the unit one day and meet everybody at last.

Many.
Nice jack. ;)

Tis a very nice jack :p lol

Had a little play with the Inferno this afternoon, Runs sweet, just need to check a few bits. I refitted the headlight, fitted the Skoda front splitter and then refitted the front bumper. I need to put a one way valve in the headlight washer pipework as one leaks. Still a few bits in the engine bay, hence bonnet being open.
E045DCE5-39C4-4DDC-A7E0-DDF3AD4D99D6_zpsyjcel5c7.jpg

F671D511-D91D-40A8-8851-55EDA68C7742_zps4btddqyl.jpg

So good seeing it back together again, and off axle stands.

To give you an idea of how bad the inside was when I collected it, I hadn't opened the boot, I found this...
A9A7F23D-DC45-4371-ADE5-1D023B3299CD_zpseahpd8ow.jpg

So... list again...

Change Oil & filter
Change Pollen filter
Fit airbox
Fit Skoda front splitter
Fit headlight washer valves
Change Exhaust hangers (two rear, one centre)
Fix exhaust blows
Fix drivers window reg
Change interior carpet
Clean wheels
Clean exterior
Clean whole interior
Mop paintwork
Wax
MOT
Tax
Drive it!

Will see how much I can get done this week.

Many.
Awesome! Quick turnaround on the cup and the inferno. Is the plan to keep the inferno now?

Nah, just misleading you all by saying I'm going to drive it, which I will, but only for a week or so. I want to buy a motorbike, so no need for a fast car.

Many.
plenty of room to work on my car this weekend now ;)

More than enough!

Little more playing with the Inferno....

Decided to clean it first, It wasn't as dirty as when we collected it, but its been sat for a while now.
21517A44-05E3-4E16-82CA-8C36FFC788B9_zpslonsao5r.jpg

Done, still needs mopping, waxing and wheels doing, as they are dirty as hell, although check the change on the passenger side rear wheel
DA839F01-06B3-4FFD-AB63-D6F8CD7FA00E_zpsxywdntum.jpg

0B7A624F-CAE2-4B84-A511-23ECC6119F00_zpsj5rtfaaw.jpg

Then started on the interior
BD9FDB8A-E91D-48CE-9E47-03742C1569A9_zpscfianzbl.jpg

Its minging, inc loads of broken glass, I guess it got broken into at some point.
F51EF79E-5C3B-47C1-BE43-5C1D7BCFEF65_zpsd66ab0mr.jpg

F9D9968C-24DB-40BC-882D-230FDEA2C62F_zpsi0ntubgp.jpg

Somebodies missing a house key
FFC1658F-E77A-4ECE-9364-B675A07245A9_zps8qvzwktq.jpg

Got the front carpet out, and later, the rear carpet. I'm changing the front carpet as its ripped. All hoovered out now.
5EDD28F4-91EC-4B1A-9433-F02CC02D88C6_zpsmrdrh3ef.jpg

Stopped there, need to find some good carpet, seat and plastic cleaners. Any suggestions? Ideally from Halfrauds.

Also changed the oil, loads to do still!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Alex , how much you wanting for the dci as it is now?
i have idea as I've just got another smashed up golf that I've worked out is going to cost way to much to repair VS selling rates