ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AlexW's Driveway Antics :)

Many.
Ah, I didn't realise that was the eventual issue.

I did hear of another leaking from the casing join. Luckily this was an easy fix.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Mine came back, had a slight leak and still whined. Never got worse but a freshly refurbed box shouldn't whine.

Many.
Not been here a while, so hes a small update.

Firstly, got the Flamer out of its hole...
8CEFD9D8-0A61-4D27-B608-052C7762E0D3_zpsdsmlkquk.jpg

Lots of mould... lots of it.
15F3D566-3169-4C02-802C-A80B67033A29_zpsclbnamwp.jpg

3A26B9D0-4C58-4BAE-8E51-E4A9446624D7_zpsfsggi1vd.jpg

Then, got it over to my work...
291C70EF-4E08-4D31-9D6A-3F2A1B2698B4_zpsccomtsps.jpg

Pulled the engine out, however, the pics stopped here.
3D7B74EC-96B0-4300-998B-EC15964D94CD_zpsrhunthpc.jpg

I sorted the fuel lines, and a couple of bits on the hydraulic clutch setup.. Then got it back together and fully mocked up again.
4E446EE6-405C-44E6-8350-6FD3C6DF1F05_zpsykas6vjw.jpg

Got pretty dirty on the way to the workshop
671DDCD7-A98C-482F-B7D8-BB05E831C3D8_zps6ni7mozn.jpg

So I washed it, and fell in love again.
D4B319FA-6133-49AE-9925-FB8D53C04CC4_zpsvq746wat.jpg

I've also been very busy with friends cars recently too....

@Jackwoody's Ph1...
B59110F9-D71F-4915-85F0-D804CFB12414_zpsjs7mj0fa.jpg

& @meekings14's 182.
112190E5-1EF1-4502-80B2-54DD2599A487_zps2bkyemeu.jpg

Not forgetting @Dr Jekyll's Ph1.
D83ECF9B-2139-45F0-95ED-C4397AF57C1E_zpsbowcviqn.jpg

And over the last couple of days, @Ricardos's SC'd PB....
6A159855-7C4E-4B73-9C65-6A1E7FEA9872_zpsq8cjocir.jpg

Yes baby!
195C499A-93DF-4041-A4C8-AC3D59B55CD0_zpsgz8ittgs.jpg

I had it for a few reasons, heres number one.. incorrect timing!
1235D0C8-A3BC-4398-9B28-78CADB49F3E4_zpswvdrvxwe.jpg

Same car, front half of the cambelt cover is missing, so thats being sorted too! Along with a few other bits too.
9AE0C728-DDC3-42F8-9747-91D1D2907EDA_zpscneb9tcv.jpg

Full driveway again..
A3D70D7D-46E2-4178-8E19-7806E8F33523_zpsu2jwyggz.jpg

Dirty PB.
C0AE7542-1108-4CFF-89B7-E4483DEEA98D_zps8toygk99.jpg

And yes, thats a big ass dent in the side of @scaryopa's 182...
E6F0985D-60D3-4FEE-A1E6-C7A5D4ABA66E_zps0y9xjx83.jpg

So, I've been very busy, lots of stuff hasn't been photographed, but its some.
I've now left the job where I had free access to the workshop, which is a real shame, however I start Tomorrow (nervous much!) at Engine Dynamics, so a lot of my spare time playing will be stopping, I think its the right choice though!

I'll have some more to update over the next couple of weeks I think... :)

172 cup
That first ph1, what a work of art ;), once again thanks for all the work gone into it, and super good luck with your new job tomorrow, I may see u in there for a turbo

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Good luck tomorrow Alex.

Would also just like to take the time to say a big thanks for all the work you're doing on the Petrol Blue. I'm so glad the cam timing's been checked before the remap at EFI next week, it just goes to show. Also really impressed with the work and how I've been contacted all the way through the process with the attention to detail on every part.

Once the timing's been done and mapped it's gonna be flying... Even better

I'll post an update in my thread once it's all done at EFI next Sunday

Many.
Good luck in the new job! X
Yeah good luck tomorrow Alex
Congrats on the new job bud, engine dynamics - good work!
Yeah congrats on the job Alex seems a nice company (perks) to work for :wink:

Cheers guys, and Sash :) I'm looking forward to it, its going to be quite different to where I've been before, but I hope its worth it and I think its right.

That first ph1, what a work of art :wink:, once again thanks for all the work gone into it, and super good luck with your new job tomorrow, I may see u in there for a turbo

'Mazing isn't it, I bet a right dick owns it! lol! You're welcome buddy and thank you!

Good luck tomorrow Alex.

Would also just like to take the time to say a big thanks for all the work you're doing on the Petrol Blue. I'm so glad the cam timing's been checked before the remap at EFI next week, it just goes to show. Also really impressed with the work and how I've been contacted all the way through the process with the attention to detail on every part.

Once the timing's been done and mapped it's gonna be flying... Even better

I'll post an update in my thread once it's all done at EFI next Sunday

Cheers dude!

I do like to pride myself on attention to detail and customer service, and I'm honored to work on your car.

Should certain be a lot better all over once I'm done and its remapped, I'm excited to see what it makes!

Many.
That mould; no words.

You creept in as I was typing that reply. Epic isn't it, should have seen doorcards too, Yuk. Glad to report the interior is nice and dry, and mould free now! Since theres no interior to hold the damp now, it shouldn't be an issue again, although I'd hope to get it on the road before its as bad again!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Put a couple of containers of rice in the flamer that should reduce some of the condensation and mould production.
Without interior it's likely to get worse condensation!

6A159855-7C4E-4B73-9C65-6A1E7FEA9872_zpsq8cjocir.jpg

I've now left the job where I had free access to the workshop, which is a real shame, however I start Tomorrow (nervous much!) at Engine Dynamics, so a lot of my spare time playing will be stopping, I think its the right choice though!

SIZE of that adjustable spanner!!!

Good luck today at the new job mate. Not that you need luck.

Keep an eye on my baby for me :wink:

Many.
'Grats on the job! How did the family take leaving the business??

I don't think it was a case of how they took it, it was tough s**t and I just left.

Put a couple of containers of rice in the flamer that should reduce some of the condensation and mould production.
Without interior it's likely to get worse condensation!

Its going to get s**t whatever as it has a leak and many holes lol.

Congrats Alex, you have been busy then all this time!
Shall see you shortly!

Always busy as you know!

SIZE of that adjustable spanner!!!

Good luck today at the new job mate. Not that you need luck.

Keep an eye on my baby for me :wink:

Pfft, thats a small one.

Already had a quick look over your car, its in safe hands.

Good luck today Alex! Glad to see some progress on the flamer too!

Cheers dude, and I am too!

Many.
Little bit of Progress on @Ricardos's PB.

Noticed the lower cambelt cover was broke when doing the timing... Not acceptable IMO.
90D56ABA-40C7-41B0-BC37-9A1DC8DF49A8_zps8pwcuqhv.jpg

New one purchased, Shiney.
70A4FCE3-2A31-47EF-B8ED-C315A26294AF_zpstspmtbkj.jpg

Didn't get any pics, not that there is much to show other than that one being fitted, I also changed the upper as the threads for the engine mount were trashed, along with a 7mm shorter aux belt.

Only got one pic once I was done, I love working on my driveway... Not lol.
5944CFB7-879B-47CA-A15C-43BF581F5B6B_zpszjifdyz7.jpg

In the end, the tensioner actually has some... tension, on it now, so hopefully more reliable. Just gotta change Lambda sensor quickly tomorrow once I finish work, which I quite like so far I think!

Poss more soon....

Many.
Nono, not the usual suspects, a friend of the owner I believe?

The issues are the same as the usual suspects, although stuff does apppear to be tight on this.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Picked up the Petrol Blue tonight.

Again another big, big thanks to @AlexW for all the work he's done on it over the last week. He's gone beyond what he originally set out to do and all in time for it to be ready to head up to EFI Parts this Sunday, much appreciated mate, really impressed.

Cam timing with new seals
Compression test
New lower cambelt cover
Upper metal cambelt cover, threads pretty much stripped out that the engine mount bolts to
Oil and filter change
Lambda sensor change
PAS fluid top up
New 7mm shorter aux belt

Get these mate: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221573939971?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

2 x 1KG bags, they're quite big. I bought two to put in my car just whilst it's still sat off road and not in daily usage as the windscreen was getting condensation building inside. Since having them in the car the windows are crystal clear and the air inside the car is dry. Can't argue at less than £14 delivered either! Should stop you having any damp/mould problems at all even with the interior in.

Get these mate: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221573939971?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

2 x 1KG bags, they're quite big. I bought two to put in my car just whilst it's still sat off road and not in daily usage as the windscreen was getting condensation building inside. Since having them in the car the windows are crystal clear and the air inside the car is dry. Can't argue at less than £14 delivered either! Should stop you having any damp/mould problems at all even with the interior in.

They look handy. I need something like this badly.

Is the pouch sealed or can you open and close it to get access to the gels?

Have you had to regenerate them yet? How did you do it, oven or microwave?

Many.
My car leaks and has open holes, nothing is going to stop it in the mean time, hence why I've not mentioned it.

Glad you're happy with it @Ricardos, Better on the drive home? Looking forward to figures etc on Sunday.