ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AlexW's Driveway Antics :)

Many.
So as the eagle eyed of you will have noticed, I got the Flamer home last week, due to starting my new job.

I finally found time to do some work on it this morning....
6D00B840-D1D7-40BD-867D-AE4CC4FEA5AC_zpsob6xdedv.jpg

One of those jobs was the Hydraulic Clutch setup... I bloody hate this braided hose..
B7DD542A-1DAF-4C39-820F-1AFB8CDA32F2_zps9p2skznh.jpg

But, got the reservoir mounted up and filled, Pretty happy.
23D7D472-E13A-4F31-814F-D48CE5E90CA8_zpse1kz59sy.jpg

Ended up using a Clio rear brake pipe for the flexi, I did want a braided pipe but couldn't find a single one off the shelf easy enough. I like the idea of this being replaceable easily whereever I am.
45F26F5B-C0A4-42F1-8CFE-0835C67CA237_zpsuuawdsdx.jpg

Removed one of the boost pipes, its so luls how long and big it is.
3D3847F2-D239-44AF-BCA4-C3C47E48C142_zpsegekc3nt.jpg

I did also sort out one of the heater hoses, finished the boost solenoid wiring and tidied up a lot of the wiring in general. Just requires the car side of the ECU wiring finished (Throttle pedal/cruise control) and that'll be sorted.

Next up is shortening the starter feed, plumbing up boost pressure solenoid, gearbox drain plug (Its missing!) and probably bulkhead nimbus heatshield.

More soon I hope.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Good to see it coming along again mate. Must come up and see if when I get a chance.

Many.
Cheers dude, Which PH1 tho? lol

As I'm here... hes a mini update....

How damn sexy are these!
AEB86492-4A89-4094-A0C5-FA6FD123AC6D_zpsmzboyjtg.jpg

Built one up...
F5B4AECC-F1FF-417B-AF15-3D2268491063_zpsnp6l1e1o.jpg

And fitted that, Loads of other bits have been sorted too..

To-Do list is looking good now.

Bleed clutch (its right at the bottom atm)
Wire up throttle pedal
Wire up cruise control
Exhaust (full custom jobbie)
Soft edge on one of the engine mounts, so it doesn't rub through the coolant pipe
Aux belt needs a tweak
Subframe support on the N/S needs re-drilling
One heater pipe (unsure how to do this tbh!)
Starter live feed shorten (hateful job)
Make bracket for Boost solenoid.
Fit gearbox drain plug (and fill with gearbox oil!)
Change engine oil & filter
Fit CV boots onto O/S shaft and fit shaft.

ECU imobliser is hopefully being sorted now :)

Yay.

Many.
Little to update here.

First up, got my GAZ Coilovers..
341DEB62-84F2-4D87-90BA-BA1D2F327F7D_zpstqklimki.jpg

Sorted out a few coolant pipes etc this morning, found I have a leak, luckily I have another rad as I thought this one was a bit s**t anyway.
0CAD1D79-28C1-45AE-839D-64565D6FB768_zps8jri6vtp.jpg

Then, played with the wiring a bit, and....
http://vid1315.photobucket.com/albu...3-3366-4672-803F-FE1B90C8706E_zpsqejubkmm.mp4

So yes, it finally runs.

List of jobs now....

Clutch need bleeding further, it doesn't quite disengage unless you pump it.
Bulkhead heatshield
Gear cable heat protection.
Change rad & fit slimline fan
wire up reverse switch (Still haven't got a plug)
Few other bits of tiding up inc refit interior.

Then get it to work, and get the exhaust made, exciting times!

Many.
Oh hell yeah!! :smiley:

Indeed sir!

Nicely done youth, I look forward to figures for this, exciting stuff.

Cheers dude, I look forward to just driving it tbh!

Similar to my thoughts apon starting it lol.

One step closer to me painting it :wink:

Much to do before then!

My rad sprung a leak from there, the fan housing was rubbing the rad, I had to space it away to stop it from doing to the new rad.

Luckily I'm fitting a slimline fan to this (all I have space for!)

Pizza deliveries now are we ?:wink:
I can but your miles away , bit of a trek to bring it down south

I'm not exactly local to you lol.

Many.
I did make a little more progress tonight, have another coolant leak from down the back somewhere, probably one of the heater pipes.

Need to look into lots of things, EML's on (TBF, theres lots of stuff that isn't plugged in for various reasons), EPAS not working (think its not being switched by the ECU anymore, ideal time to go for manual adjustment like I had planned anyway tbh), ABS lights on (probably not plugged in lol), but the Rev counter works, unable to run it long enough to see of the coolant display works, I hope it does though lol.

First up is sorting the clutch and the coolant leak, then its interior refitting, plus various other bits to do, then onto exhaust, which I need to get it to work for really, luckily work are being awesome about this :)

Feels good at last.

Clio 172
just read the whole feed! top class work! will fire you a message over about a cambelt change when i get some money together if thats alright?

Many.
Sorted the clutch the other day, and the coolant leak, and was able to move the Flamer under its own steam. I also fixed the ABS light and bought a manual controller for the EPAS.

Today I cleared out the interior, vacuumed it all and refitted all the interior at long last, sorted out all the centre console etc, and fitted the gear gator, I love how OEM it looks! I just need to get a Megane insert now.
AE930EC8-807D-425F-9C1B-6CBA2072411D_zpsszier3vw.jpg

Ive still got a few niggles to sort, Boost solenoid isnt functioning, and one of the pedal tracks isnt working (probably a wiring issue that I've not had chance to look into yet).

But then its simple jobs really, fit slimline fan, bulkhead heatshield, wire up reverse switch (need a plug for it still).

Finally its exhaust, and MOT. I would love to get it to the EOE Bury meet on the 28th, leaving me less than two weeks lol.

Hopes and dreams!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
my turn.

lovely knob

Please please please change your carpet for the one from your 182

Many.
Looking good Alex! loads gone on since i saw you at pvs!

Indeed, cheers!

Hella sick!

Innit bruv!

my turn.

lovely knob

Please please please change your carpet for the one from your 182

I love a good knob.

Meh, I'm so used to this one, and I had one to fit but was too dirty, if the carpet from the 182 doesn't sell, I shall keep it for this.

Should have some more progress on Saturday.

Many.
Back with my usual rate of updates!

This morning I had a properly good session on the Flamer.

First up was checking a few little niggles it had, throttle pedal issue was a wire in the wrong hole, boost solenoid was wired up wrongly (due to extending it etc) both sorted now and I have boost, not as much as I expected though, so more work required on that one I think. Wired up my EPAS controller too.

But the major progress, I made part of the exhaust downpipe. Couple of things to note here, I kept the standard turbo flange and the 90 off of that, due to planning to change the turbo, and I didn't fancy doing things twice, It'll do for now! Secondly, Its going to be V-band clamped where the mid part is, but it didn't turn up in time.

696A3ACD-FFB8-4DF2-A2DD-D5D07B2EA6E1_zpsczzvlo8p.jpg

But I'm happy with it so far, got to order up a few more parts, and contiune to tack it up, before it gets tig welded. Its being entirely straight through, no boxes or anything :smiley:

While I had the car on the ramp I noticed the gearbox has already seen some road action lol, I might have caught it on my driveway, or a kurb or something, not sure!

Ordered all the other bits I need, and I'm hoping (praying!) to get the exhaust done this week, and get it MOT'ed next Saturday... We'll see how it goes!

Happy Alex!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Can't wait to see this up and running mate. I was imaging having a 1.9 the otherday when was struggling up a hill on the motorway with the car going into limp mode every second. Hats off and bravo to you kind sir.

Many.
Can't wait to see this up and running mate. I was imaging having a 1.9 the otherday when was struggling up a hill on the motorway with the car going into limp mode every second. Hats off and bravo to you kind sir.

I'll be honest, its not fast atm lol. Its better though lol.

Oh so it might come out to play next saturday night then :tongueout:

I'll be honest, its my aim, but I won't care if it doesn't happen, as it'll be right, rather than rushed.