ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adam's 172 Turbo Build

Had a few teething problems but it’s in and running. Completed a 20min break in with the millers running in oil, dropped that out and replaced with the same oil to do a 500 mile run in, just need to mot it now.

Managed to get a 3” intake in, made a massive increase in torque to my mates so hoping for the same.
63B0E500-001F-4A7E-ACF4-C4E2848512E1.jpeg

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice build! What size intercooler pipework is that? 2.5”?

Do you know how many silicon 90’s and hard pipe 90’s you’ve used as I’m about to order an intercooler and pipework mine.

It’s 2.5” I’ll check the bends next time I’m there, some are not standard lengths some are a lot longer then normal, there’s some unusual bends in there to.

Put it all back together earlier.
6696C433-6474-48CD-A0FF-163B8257EE75.jpeg

Gauges next.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This is such a cool build! Can't believe how much you have done. Engine bay looks so tidy too. Really impressive. Can't wait to see some vids once it is all up and running fully set up! Awsome.

This is such a cool build! Can't believe how much you have done. Engine bay looks so tidy too. Really impressive. Can't wait to see some vids once it is all up and running fully set up! Awsome.

Cheers buddy! It’s only running a bar of boost at the min (actuator pressure) spent a bit of time checking everything is ok with AFR‘s etc, everything looks good so had a little blip up to 5k earlier. I’ll put small vid up in a min.

Hopefully be on the road before the weekend @T9 0LLE ?

Beeen getting car ready for MOT and generally tidying things up over the last few days, modified inlet manifold to accept a 2.5 bar megane 225 MAP sensor then spliced a megane plug into my Clio loom, much better now it has a bolt in sensor that won’t blow out under boost.
E259036E-00A6-41B3-9CB3-D6BEB18657E7.jpeg

Got my MOT and done my first 100miles of running in tonight, fitted my new header tank to.

If anyone has a cup alternator setup for sale please let me know.

F26147A3-BEA1-4282-88D9-E73170E2E0F7.jpeg
4CE1CEE6-8CC6-4D25-A7FD-89857331D762.jpeg

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
So a mate of mine in his cup was having a little play at a certain venue today and spotted this...

Mental looking project and hopefully a short report back of the days antics soon??
received_1956535807978138.jpeg

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Was your mate in the blue 172? Hope he had a good day . There was a black 182 on throttle bodies to, think he’s also a member.

He is indeed, I've yet to hear the full story from him, but your car definitely left a lasting impression! I was planning on heading there with him but once again mines broken

He is indeed, I've yet to hear the full story from him, but your car definitely left a lasting impression! I was planning on heading there with him but once again mines broken

Ahh! I only went up to put a few more miles on it, didn’t go round.
Let me know if you go there again and I’ll come join you if I’m free.

Passenger foot rest, looks a b*****d to fit without welding some nuts to the floor as it’s double skinned one side and big gap between the skins
0E7F54BB-1967-4BB0-B4B7-01213D7101CF.jpeg
E27F57C7-E36A-4503-8CFD-552AE61204EE.jpeg

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
you can make one. don't need a gun. i use this. works perfectly! hold with 13mm and tighten with a torque wrench.
works best with aluminum rivets(softer) but also used stainless. although need a high tensile bolt in the center.

Attachments

• IMG_7882.jpg
    IMG_7882.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 156

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Got a link for the one you got? May as well get one myself hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Bought one for putting the side skirts back on the track car so that I can remove them in the future without having to drill rivits out.

Mine is a Lazer one from Halfords. Gets mixed reviews, but has done what I needed it to!

I seriously love this project! I look at a lot of them & think 'looks nice, or that's cool' etc etc, then I come into this one & think f**k yeah!!! There's what some folk are doing, then there's what this dude's doing! ?

dan's cast offs.
Got a link for the one you got? May as well get one myself hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the best one you can find, makes them so much easier. I got a long arm one but if I'd known how much I would of ended up using it I would of gone for a ratcheting one instead.

I bought the laser one as I’ll only use alloy rivnuts, if your planning on steel ones or using it a lot I’d agree with bloke and but a decent one. The sealey, burger and laser ones are the same just a different colour

I bought mine from Epic Tools £22 as it’s only round the corner from me, wouldn’t of paid Halfords price for it.

I seriously love this project! I look at a lot of them & think 'looks nice, or that's cool' etc etc, then I come into this one & think f**k yeah!!! There's what some folk are doing, then there's what this dude's doing! ?

Haha! Cheers buddy, still more to come hopefully ?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I bought the laser one as I’ll only use alloy rivnuts, if your planning on steel ones or using it a lot I’d agree with bloke and but a decent one. The sealey, burger and laser ones are the same just a different colour

I bought mine from Epic Tools £22 as it’s only round the corner from me, wouldn’t of paid Halfords price for it.

I didn't pay the Halfords advertised price ?

Cup 172
Just read through the whole thing. Amazing work mate

Was me in the blue cup at snett the other day haha good to meet you mate. Keen for a tear up with everyone soon!

Just read through the whole thing. Amazing work mate

Was me in the blue cup at snett the other day haha good to meet you mate. Keen for a tear up with everyone soon!

Good to meet you to mate, hope you had a good day.
I was going to do a 15min session between the Time Attack on Sunday but until it’s had the boost limited in the lower gears there’s no point as it’s absolutely useless at the moment.