ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adam's 172 Turbo Build

Hi guys, been a member for a while but not posted so here goes ..

Picked up my iceberg 172 last Sunday from forum member 'The Grove' he'd spent some time replacing and upgrading parts for the track then decided to get another Megane.

So far it's had ..

New Brembo front discs with Red Stuff pads.
New mintex rear discs, pads and bearings.
New HEL braided lines all round
New VibraTechniques engine mount
New powerflex gearbox mount
New KTec cat back exhaust
Basic service, oil, plugs etc.

I've also got but not fitted a K&N panel filter, a Miltek downpipe and a full set of new Cup shocks, looking to stick some CookSport springs on them and have a bit of track fun.

Car was partially stripped when I got it, since then I've removed a lot more. Had it on the weigh bridge at weekend 980kg. Plan is to get it around 950ish.

I'll get some pics of it soon, in the meantime here's a couple of rubbish pics and one of my other car.

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_6343.jpg

IMG_6363.jpg

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Followed your build on SCN! Very nice Cupra, love a good Leon me but I'm biased tho haha
You will enjoy the Clio and judging by the Leon will be mint!

I'm sure that pipe went to a valve under the passenger headlight but everyone gets rid of the valve.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, its for the acoustic valve on the end of the airbox feed in the wheel arch, pointless so probs been removed so just leave the vac connection blanked

Picked up some pro race 1.2's yesterday in black, quick refurb and test fit of 2.
IMG_6389.jpg

Cup suspension and cooksport springs next.

Removed the sound deadening pads from the front, not a lot of weight but soon adds up

IMG_6377.jpg

Panel filter and helmet arrived.
IMG_6386.jpg

IMG_6387.jpg

As said, goes to the acoustic valve. Pull it all out and you can get a nice silicone end cap to put on it off eBay for a quid or 2.

It's already been done mate.

Removed the inlet manifold to port match it and some nice person has already done that to :grimacing:

I did the port matching :) I forgot to mention that in the sale thread.
I also capped off when removing all the components to fit the brake ducts.
Hope you enjoying it.

I did the port matching :smile: I forgot to mention that in the sale thread.
I also capped off when removing all the components to fit the brake ducts.
Hope you enjoying it.

Saved me a job!

Just getting a few bits together at the moment, hope to have it on the road next month.

Welcome Ian

Removed the inlet manifold again to match the throttle body, ended up removing both parts of the inlet manifold and taking quite a bit more off them.

Before

IMG_6409.jpg

IMG_6411.jpg

After

IMG_6413.jpg

IMG_6414.jpg

IMG_6412.jpg

Throttle body

IMG_6416.jpg

Did a engine clean with the Forte flush then oil and filter change. My first 2 tyres turned up to. Toyo R1R :grimacing:

IMG_6438.jpg

IMG_6437.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Isn't it not a great idea to flush these engines in between oil changes or is that just some rubbish I've picked up from somewhere?

Got new 172 cup shocks front and rear, cooksport springs, new top mounts etc, hoping it's gonna settle a bit as it's hardly any lower :laughing::laughing:

IMG_6448.jpg

IMG_6447.jpg

IMG_6453.jpg

Fitted new Cup shocks front and rear with cooksport springs, new mounts, bearings etc. Hoping it's gonna settle a bit as it's not really any lower 🙈:laughing:

IMG_6448.jpg

IMG_6447.jpg

camera_Roll_Temp_Image.jpg

Twin air feeds fitted today, one straight to the middle bumper grill, moved battery and ECU a bit, silicon intake pipe with the breather in, K&N panel filter.

IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Did a engine clean with the Forte flush then oil and filter change. My first 2 tyres turned up to. Toyo R1R :grimacing:

IMG_6438.jpg

IMG_6437.jpg

I only use my R1r's in the wet but for me they are a very capable tyre, plenty of grip even from cold, I'm sure I've read somewhere that they are loosely based on the r888, albeit these are a harder compound in comparison

Inside painted, tidied loom, tailgate pins fitted, removed dash to modify, new steering wheel, harnesses.

IMG_6906.jpg

IMG_6916.jpg

IMG_6921.jpg

IMG_6924.jpg

IMG_6917.jpg

IMG_6918.jpg

IMG_6920.jpg

Both seats and harnesses now in, after seeing how simple my cobra drivers side subframe was I ordered some flat bar and made a matching passengers side subframe. R1R tyres fitted, waiting for track rod ends so I can get alignment done, from our little camber gauge I think I've got 3 degrees front and 2.25 rear. Fitted tow eye and fire extinguisher ready for my first track day at Snetterton in a few days time.

IMG_7027.jpg

IMG_7051.jpg

IMG_7032.jpg

I also gutted the tailgate and made some cheapy door cards, not that pretty but they do the job. Aerial also removed and replaced with a bolt/gasket/washer.

IMG_7013.jpg

IMG_7033.jpg

IMG_7108.jpg

Next job is wheel alignment and I'm going to make a power steering cooler as I see this is a weak point on track.