ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

About to buy a clio

1.8 Corsa Golf pd180
Yet another forum i join for another car :cool:

Im new to clios and i know this is the best place to learn about them, co iv got a few questions.

Im about to buy a cup 172 and it sits too high so i want to lower it, what is the best option for me??

I notice people are selling there 172's for phase ones, why is this??

Also best mods for power upgrades?

Cheers

PH1 iceburg
Welcome,

Suspension wise depends alot on your budget, you can get coilovers now for a reasonable price. Checkout the likes of ktec in the traders (might need to be a meember)

Im looking for ph1 now just because i prefer the look of the retroness (if thats a word). Meant to be quicker, cable throttle.

Iceberg 172
Coilovers are you're best bet. K tec sell some for about £350. I have these and they're good.

Power upgrades are costly for not a lot of gain.

The people selling ph2's for ph1's will be down to downgrading for cost reasons or selling FF 182's to spend the difference on mods for a track toy. Normally.

Iceberg 172
Ph1 if you can put up with s**t interior.

The ph2 is better looking inside and out. I like the ph1 front end but the rear is boring.

PH1 V6
Ph1 if you can put up with s**t interior.

The ph2 is better looking inside and out. I like the ph1 front end but the rear is boring.

The dash isnt the best il grant that lol

But ph2's are so common lol thats why i chose a Ph1 because there are hardly any around plus you get F1's :)

172 Cup
im selling my 172 cup in a couple of weeks! uprated brembo brakes and pads, plus cobra bucket seats.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ph1's are too cheap to pass up TBH.

Better drive too. I enjoyed driving my Ph1 172 more than my 182.

1.8 Corsa Golf pd180
What is it with people putting add's up and not replying to private messages, iv seen he has been online:mad:

Iceberg 172
Why dont clio cups come with healf leather????

You don't want them... the seats a s**t and the so called leather is also s**t. I think I preffered my Cup cloth seats.

I'll preffer my Recaro's once I get some though! Seriously... the std seats are poor. Unless you 5ft tall.