ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A little advice?

Fiesta ST-3
So these pictures were taken today and it was a very bright day with no cloud cover and i find my pictures arn't as good as they could be due to the brightness of the sun.

For example the sky is bright as in white?? So i adjust the S/S and AV but it darkens my picture in the sence that ok i get a little blue in the sky but it ruins the rest of the photo? Any advice?

Heres a couple of pictures so you get the picture..

S/S 1/250
AV F4.0

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

3 Series touring
you could try bracketing, or make an HDR image,

you take a few (3 is a good number) photos, one overexposed so that the shadows are exposed, one at normal to get most of the colour, then one underexposed so the highlights are exposed correctly.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=449258

IMG_0465_fhdr.gif

quick Pseudo HDR (not a real one cause i onely had the one image!)

Last edited:
  2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
get a circular polarizing filter, this should a) help pick out the sky more and b) give you great colour on your seascape.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
depends the filter size of your lens (check the back of your lens cap). If you have a Jacobs photo & video store near you, all their own brand filters are made by Cokin who are one of the good producers of filters.

Should cost less than £15.00 for up to 67mm and about £20-£30 for a larger lens (usually a 77mm thread).

[edit]

This is what difference you will be looking at getting

(before/after)

500px-CircularPolarizer.jpg

b.jpg

Its kind of trial and error, you have to turn the filter (there is 2 sections, one you screw in and the other freely rotates) to get different effects, but its worth it.

Last edited:
  Nimbus 197
an ND grad filter will be useful if you are finding it difficult to balance the exposure between sky and landscape. or you can combine two shots - one exposed for the sky and one for the landscape.

midday light is harsh and can be difficult to work with. I would go back at sunset/sunrise like 5parky has suggested :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Sunrise and sunset is where it's at. Make sure you do go back as well, looks like an awesome location! The colour of the water is pretty cool.

Fiesta ST-3
Sunrise and sunset is where it's at. Make sure you do go back as well, looks like an awesome location! The colour of the water is pretty cool.

I will do mate. It's an old quarry which was flooded. Normally loads of cliff jumpers due to it depth but no idea what makes the water so aqua blue. It never fails to impress every time I go.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
an ND grad filter will be useful if you are finding it difficult to balance the exposure between sky and landscape. or you can combine two shots - one exposed for the sky and one for the landscape.

midday light is harsh and can be difficult to work with. I would go back at sunset/sunrise like 5parky has suggested :)
I would see a ND grad more than a circ pol since you can get different strengths. Cokin P systems fit quite a lot of lenses, think its Cokin A for 58mm lenses or there about, Cokin P systems for 77mm or so lens and Cokin X for large and UWA systems.

ebay sells knock offs dirt cheap.

Honda & VW
depends the filter size of your lens (check the back of your lens cap). If you have a Jacobs photo & video store near you, all their own brand filters are made by Cokin who are one of the good producers of filters.

Should cost less than £15.00 for up to 67mm and about £20-£30 for a larger lens (usually a 77mm thread).

[edit]

This is what difference you will be looking at getting

(before/after)

500px-CircularPolarizer.jpg

Its kind of trial and error, you have to turn the filter (there is 2 sections, one you screw in and the other freely rotates) to get different effects, but its worth it.

i've just been looking at filters but there are bloody loads to choose from (different effects). for getting the above result what filter 'effect' would be needed?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Circular polariser if you want to deepen the blues and increase the contrast like that.

Megane RS 275 Trophy
You can always just add another sky only takes 1 min in photoshop.

To make it look better all you need to do is feather the edges so it blends in better.
IMG_0465.jpg

fake skies are, well fake.

Circular polariser is what you want. Spend as much as you can afford, cheap ones arent great.