ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glaceol RX Type E LDR Blue coolant sent by mistake or genuinely the right stuff?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
So are Renault discontinuing Type D, but maybe Febi are actually producing it and will continue to sell it under their own name?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Febi type d arrived. Colour looks correct, id be suprised if it isnt the same stuff in a different container.
Only one way to be sure Jon 😂

200.gif

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
A lot less than my mate, i showed him your invoice you posted the other day and he nearly had a heart attack, straight on the phone to arnie clark customer services :ROFLMAO:

That was before it went NLR.
As soon as it went NLR I phoned my parts manager and he sorted me out.

I guess it’s down to each individual dealership if they want to sell cheap to move on or not.
I got a new set of Renault 197 front discs for under £100 including the Vat and they are still sitting boxes from Aug 2022

IMG_0564.jpeg

I’m getting it even cheaper now.
That’s me up to 20 bottles all with EXP 2031 apart from one at 2028.

@Martin_172 if you need a bottle I’m not 100 miles away 👍🏻

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
It was the same dealership! Arnie stirling!
Not used them since all the guys left.

The original parts manager there left to work over the road and another guy became parts manager and moved.

A lot of the others left and there is only one guy I sort of know now that gives me some discount.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
That was before it went NLR.
As soon as it went NLR I phoned my parts manager and he sorted me out.

I guess it’s down to each individual dealership if they want to sell cheap to move on or not.
I got a new set of Renault 197 front discs for under £100 including the Vat and they are still sitting boxes from Aug 2022

View attachment 1679271

I’m getting it even cheaper now.
That’s me up to 20 bottles all with EXP 2031 apart from one at 2028.

@Martin_172 if you need a bottle I’m not 100 miles away 👍🏻
F@cking 20 bottles 😄 are you okay? Thats like Renault doomsday prepping.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Having the same issue here RPD sent me RX TYPE D the other week and didn’t realise just how much I’d get through bleeding the system. By time I ordered more and paid postage it’s the same as my local dealer but they only have RX TYPE E now and from what I can make of it all and seem to be the same outcome as what you lot have come too that Renault say they can be mixed. So I will go ahead and see what happens and keep it updated
IMG_8573.jpeg
IMG_8572.png

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Having the same issue here RPD sent me RX TYPE D the other week and didn’t realise just how much I’d get through bleeding the system. By time I ordered more and paid postage it’s the same as my local dealer but they only have RX TYPE E now and from what I can make of it all and seem to be the same outcome as what you lot have come too that Renault say they can be mixed. So I will go ahead and see what happens and keep it updated View attachment 1687722View attachment 1687723
The thing that concerns me is. Type E has an expiry date of only 3 years. Whereas Type D is 8 years.
Surely the Type E will degrade much faster after going through 100s of heating and cooling cycles?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Do they not put the Coshh sheets on the bottle any more that will tell you if there is a difference beyond the colour.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
The thing that concerns me is. Type E has an expiry date of only 3 years. Whereas Type D is 8 years.
Surely the Type E will degrade much faster after going through 100s of heating and cooling cycles?
Antifreeze concentration test should be done with every service to give you an idea on concentration and change it every 3-5 years so wouldnt be concerned with that

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I was looking at all my coolant and it all is the correct Type D coolant with EXP 2031

Now up too 27 bottles and already sold 4 .

I will just stick with the Type D until 2031

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Renault released an engine in Mexico and needs a coolant that wont damage its water pump - this they have named (new) Type D
The product for all normal European engines is now Type E.
It gets a new Blue colour but the Renault notification they've sent to dealers says New Type E mixable with the Old Type D.
I'm going to guess that EU regulations have changed and they have to put a different blend of chemicals in but I've never had the free time to compare the bottles.
Theres no need to ship Type E back as its perfectly fine for your engine and theres no need to flush the old coolant completely out your coolant system. You will just get Green coolant when it mixes :D