ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

99 clio 1.6 rxe spluttering/missfire

2005 Clio 182
Please can anyone help me shed some light on the issue i am trying to ammend with the misses recently purchased clio rxe.
its a mk2 ph1 1999 v reg 1.6 rxe manual.
It has its moments were it can drive 100% fine for hours and then its moments were it can cut all power whilst driving and not accelerate again until you full throttle it.
when it looses power it feels as if you have let of the throttle but sounds lumpy, but if you full throttle it it will clear up and accelerate.
then return to its lumpy self when you drive normally.
it can sometimes idle by itself and then sometimes jumps from extremes or 200rpm near enough stalling to aroun 1700rpm.
but does not miss fire if you throttle it?
it also sounds as if it is fueling really badly and pops and bangs like a decatted subaru, whilst drinking the petrol and sometimes smelling really rich.
it is not smoking and there is no mayonaise in the header tank, under oil filler or in the exhaust tips but the water is EXTREMELY DIRTY like a rust water colour.
it was purchased with dirty water so i couldnt say if that is new or signs towards headgasket?
I have replaced leads, sparkplugs and the fuel filter.
today i remembered about the self diagnostics clio's have built in.
it has( t--h one one of the screens so i am assuming they are the fault codes.
i have done some research and it would appear they mean injector fault for minimum of 4 seconds detected and oil sensor fault.
before i start throwing parts at it can anyone confirm i would be right in thinking it is a injector problem causing the above issues and that i should buy new ones or attempt to clean them ?
Thankyou to anyone who has read my huge essay and i really do appreciate any help i am given.
Thanks in advance

2005 Clio 182
Thanks for your reply.
Did it really cause aggressive idle and powerloss randomly ?
Also how did you manage to finnally diagnose it ?
Thanks again

2005 Clio 182
Did you replace it with a official renault one or can i get one from eurocarparts as i get discount there ?

2005 Clio 182
Had it plugged in on a snap on diagnostice machine.
It is throwing up power supply ecu memory ?
Does anyone know anything as the garage had never heard of it

Have you tried a lambda sensor?

If you want to get it on a diagnostics machine then you need to get it on a proper Renault Clip machine.