ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

90's modifying scene, what were we thinking????

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
These little 90's throw backs keep coming up on eBay now and then,
I know music was better in the 90's but it seems we had terrible car modifying taste.

$_57-5.JPG
$_57-6.JPG

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I'm sure there is a good car hiding under there...somewhere!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I know him very well. We were good mates at one point, but don't see him so much now. Yeah used to go up there a few times tbh as I did my college block release up at burslem college.

What did you drive back then? Know of rocky and all them? Was a guy in a cavalier turbo aswell we used knock about with but can't remember his name

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
What did you drive back then? Know of rocky and all them? Was a guy in a cavalier turbo aswell we used knock about with but can't remember his name
I had a white nova gsi and then moved on to a red Astra gsi. Don't know of the ones you've mentioned mate I'm afraid. The lad with the cav turbo also had a nova turbo in black if it's the same one I'm thinking of.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I had a white nova gsi and then moved on to a red Astra gsi. Don't know of the ones you've mentioned mate I'm afraid. The lad with the cav turbo also had a nova turbo in black if it's the same one I'm thinking of.
No idea mate tbh. Used get crazy busy down there though. Good times they were lol

clio 182 trophy
There were so many young people into cars back then. Kind of sad that that has died off and the majority of people of the same age these days aspire to be like towie et al. Hang out in coffee shops and stand about drinking champagne.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
image.jpg
My Renault 5 ready for a trip to the painters.. Only been nearly 6 years sat in the garage..

The rolling road b4/after graph in the background was a private joke..

LY 200 EDC LUX
I would say a lot of this stuff is early 00's rather than the 90's. No thanks to films like F&F and Ali G indahouse. Early 00's was all about big lairy bodykits, under car neons, ridiculous sound systems and big wheels on small cars.

Wtf were we thinking lol!

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
We have Jamie shaw from pimp my ride UK to thank for that body kit...
Ah another blast from the past, I met him at Donny car show circa 15 years ago, He looked like an ugly Mick Hucknall, but had a tidy missus and a TVR Cerebra, Although it was in Huggy Bear gold,
He's should be brought to trial for crimes like that.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
There were so many young people into cars back then. Kind of sad that that has died off and the majority of people of the same age these days aspire to be like towie et al. Hang out in coffee shops and stand about drinking champagne.
I think young people are still into cars, but now they all buy BMW/Audi/Merc with less desirable (small) engines and de-badge them so they can attempt to look baller - it's all about image, but whereas back then it was about being individual, now it's all about being the same.

"Check out my new 3 series"
"Mate, it's a 318d..."

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Flycatcher saxo vts was a proper pussy magnet back then.

My mate had a combat kit for his corsa b but it was a 5 door in that hideous blue/purple with a 1.0 12v...

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
This thread brings back memories of me buying all the mags

Remember this was my fav
322ab7c9a895ba5fbc86263a31f147dc.jpg

Wanting this body kit when i was 14 [emoji51]
7cf6b66639398b27e4b8e46e8e5d6a90.jpg

Remember reading about this
26b8aab2ed4b3e0fcc461b1fd2a7f6b2.jpg

Oh how times have changed