ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

90's modifying scene, what were we thinking????

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Dimma kitted cars are heroic tbh.

I had a panique kit for my mk2 fiesta but never fitted it.
110.jpg

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I swear someone on here owned a blue Saxo that looked like the one posted earlier. Can't remember who but I'm sure they did a thread about previous cars.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Does anyone remember the clio Williams with the stupid exhausts on here they were huge and looked awful, cant remember who owned it.
Good thread by the way.

clio 182 trophy
Flol at some of these. I remember a lot from the max power days, especially that TVR. It was f**king quick too iirc?
For the guys that were old enough to drive back then, how the f**k did people afford to spend thousands and thousands modifying cars?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Does anyone remember the clio Williams with the stupid exhausts on here they were huge and looked awful, cant remember who owned it.
Good thread by the way.
Was owned by a member called Ballcrusher.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A good mate owned this...

c9b44a34d9675bc206fe641400e7aa5b.jpg

d94a6a47d7ac43400ff5c666aae5eebf.jpg

46bd2d3d41d53e8728c36d35c848c061.jpg

5cd3b683f51cec461a44e8c27f995412.jpg

It's a famous car in the grand scheme of things. He now drives a new Q7.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm trying to find a black glitter saxo that was in Max Power a few years ago. Had some fangs on the front bumper. A really well finished car by Calder coach crafts. Anyone finds pics?

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Flol at some of these. I remember a lot from the max power days, especially that TVR. It was f**king quick too iirc?
For the guys that were old enough to drive back then, how the f**k did people afford to spend thousands and thousands modifying cars?

Credit cards...

Back when people were doing this it was almost impossible to get a newer car on tick if you were young... Only when I started driving did the Saxo free insurance bandwagon start rolling and a Saxo westcoast was about the only option..

Also, how many people go out, buy and brand new car and body kit it.. They could afford to get a £3000 motor and bolt some maxpower sh1t on each month..

I had a ax gt and fitted about £1500 of audio.. Then got a 5 door white Astra mk3 for 3k, 17" 5 spokes, lowered with a reiger bodykit.. Then a Renault 5 gtt and left body mods alone.....period

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
image.jpg
image.jpg

I thought all was lost but found my old photo bucket account....

In the world of body kits, I'm not totally ashamed..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 123

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Even though I was into the scene at the time, I'm glad I wasn't into mental bodykits lol
I had a mk1 fiesta with with an XR2 kit on and RS 4 spokes. Used to get quite a lot of attention at cruises

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That Astra's quite cool!

@gally was that the Mynheer kit??? They made some horrific stuff! Lol
It was mate. They sent his new ZR down south to get it done.

Some chap removed his spoiler at the side of the road and sat it on the bonnet one day. We must have repaired the thing a hundred times. Cracks everywhere.

Full green neons underneath also.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
It was mate. They sent his new ZR down south to get it done.

Some chap removed his spoiler at the side of the road and sat it on the bonnet one day. We must have repaired the thing a hundred times. Cracks everywhere.

Full green neons underneath also.

I have a friend who would go around with his equally as hilarious friend, find bodykitted cars, ripped the bodykits off and put them on the roof..

Local cinema was a good place as you were guaranteed a 2hr window..

They moved from ripping off kits to the old hardcore nitromors and then upgraded to a simple bar with a spike on the end.. This would quickly put a hole in a rear quarter or roof etc..

I'm sure someone won't like the above, but it wasn't my car, I didn't take part so i don't really care what they got up too.. Better the devil you know.

none at min!!
Haha I remember most of them.

Happy to say I was in a mk1 Golf at the time.

Some of the embaressing sheds around now are no better.

There's a fella down the road from me drives an awful Civic with the most ridiculous exhaust note. Seems to be a lot of that I can't stand that "scene".

They don't make you go any faster just look a total bell end!!! He attempted to overtake me a while ago..... that ended badly for him.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
A lad still uses this as his daily round here. Its f**king dog s**t. I would sooner hop to my destination.

civic3.jpg

civic7.jpg

civic1.jpg

civic5.jpg

I saw this bucket of sh*t in a local car park once, it was on Top Gear too. It's got a V6 engine in it, but there's not actual point it!

i033815.jpg

fazal.jpg

A local guy spent about 20k on a 106 gti. And no it wasn't a flame spitting supercar killer. Only engine work as such was an air filter and exhaust..... madness.
What's even more crazy is he's actually into cosworths etc etc and he's the son of a garage owner and was on the trade policy so he could have had an evo etc no problem.

Instead he put 4 exhaust systems, about 3 body kits, 2 or 3 spray jobs, 5 odd different alloys etc on a 106.... wtf?!
It was still ugly and slow as f**k after 20k.