ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

50/50

Ian

Focus TDCi
Revels said:
I think you're right. That one ^^ has already had more views in the last hour, then the self portrait from yesterday and the beach before that combined! lol..

But by the same token, explore doesn't seem to like them. Well not mine anyway. My top 6 sorted by 'interesting'.. No 1, 3 and 4 are Lego. 2, 5, & 6 aren't and those 3 all made explore! lol.. One of them has even knocked my strawberries bouncing pic into 2nd place and that got to 5th in Explore*

*Yes, Explore is a massive popularity contest with no real bearing on how good your shots are. But I like it :eek:

I figured by uploading a photo a day and taking the time to comment on photos I like taken by other people I'd slowly build up some regular contacts of my own. So not worked. :eek: To be fair I've gone from <10 view counts when I wasn't uploading anything to more like 30-50, but still hardly worth the effort with few comments. Then I find a photo which isn't even in sharp focus with three pages worth of comments. Drives me nuts lol. Don't think I'm very good at the Flickr game tbh!

I figured by uploading a photo a day and taking the time to comment on photos I like taken by other people I'd slowly build up some regular contacts of my own. So not worked. :eek: To be fair I've gone from <10 view counts when I wasn't uploading anything to more like 30-50, but still hardly worth the effort with few comments. Then I find a photo which isn't even in sharp focus with three pages worth of comments. Drives me nuts lol. Don't think I'm very good at the Flickr game tbh!

I hear you on that. I've given up even bothering to trawl through groups commenting now.

I very rarely look at groups. I tend to trawl through peoples faves. Certain people have a lot of followers, some are better than others. I've had a few of the 'popular' people come and comment. Most of them are nice enough really, they didn't request to have the fans! lol..

If you comment on peoples shots, they'll comment back a lot of the time I find. I try to put more than just "nice shot" which a lot of people do.

I've also had a few people mention prints and add me as a contact before I've added them. That I like :eek:

I think a lot of people click my avatar thing because it stands out! :D

I very rarely look at groups. I tend to trawl through peoples faves. Certain people have a lot of followers, some are better than others. I've had a few of the 'popular' people come and comment. Most of them are nice enough really, they didn't request to have the fans! lol..

If you comment on peoples shots, they'll comment back a lot of the time I find. I try to put more than just "nice shot" which a lot of people do.

I've also had a few people mention prints and add me as a contact before I've added them. That I like :eek:

I'm banning myself from your faves, I could sit and look at them all day, some rather, erm arty ones in there too :eek:

Ian

Focus TDCi

I've exchanged quite a few PM's with Rosie Hardy lol, she is nice enough too. :D

Tbh it doesn't bother me, other than the fact that I'd like to get somewhere with my photography, so I'm trying to embrace any avenue there is into it. :)

Last edited:
Exactly the same mate.

Yeah, she seems nice. I remember she got a slating for copying people and not crediting them. She got FP once and posted a screen shot and she had like 800 messages in her inbox! lol..

4039685948_5b5fae3351.jpg

Better than yours. C*nt.
As far as a n00b with a 30D goes... Will I notice any difference in the f1.8 and the f1.4, other than the USM on the 1.4?

Cupra
I went for the 1.4. It as better focussing and build quality. The Sigma f1.4 gets the best reviews though, but it is more expensive.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Hmm. Maybe after Christmas then as I've pushed the boat out with spending a load on a camera and then sending her to Plymouth to get it. Lol!

Ian

Focus TDCi
The white around the bottle is grey on my monitor Dan, just thought you should know! Great shot other than that though. :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
FFS I give up with monitors lol. Makes editing a nightmare as well. I'm sure it's alright for most people, but on my laptop there's a dark halo around the top and right side of the neck of the bottle and the bottom left near the base. On my TFT it's still there, but not as bad.

Last edited:
Just to the right of it? It's not my editing. It's there on the actual shot. Must be a mixture of the reflection/flash. Although this monitor is shite at picking them up.

Ben, wish I'd thought of that :(

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yeah top right and bottom left here. Think the bottle might just be a bit close to the background, you can see a bit of bleaching on the left shoulder of the bottle. It's really nit picking though, I probably only spotted it because I'm slumped in my chair and because of the angle I'm looking at the screen it makes shadows darker. :)

Nah, I'd rather you said dude.

I'm not sure what it is, mebbe its this monitor. I had this problem the other day with something, looked fine to me but was awfully obvious to everyone else.

I've replaced it on flickr.

Cupra
I'm going to have to call a timeout on this. I am on holiday in the arse end of the world and they have not been connected to civilisation yet. Look forward to seeing peoples shots next week when I have a connection quicker than 1k.

Pah :( But fair enough dude. I felt like giving up the other day. Managed to squeeze another half arsed Lego shot out tho..

4050967236_83c768de91.jpg