ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2003 1.2 clio misfireing

PH2 172 Cup
Was driving my car home last night and began to notice loss of power when pulling away and engine running lumpy, by the time I got home the car could barely move. I have seen other posts on here of people who have had the same problem and fixed it with leads or coils, I could be this because I have not checked yet but the other thing I noticed which is strange is the boot latch is locked and I can't open the boot?? Could all of this be something too do with the immobiliser or ecu? I say this because the day before I was forced to drive through floor water about 1-2 metres deep and this could cause electrical problems.

any ideas? I'm hopeless with cars but keen to learn.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Get it hooked up to an OBD reader see what/if any codes are being logged. If it's misfiring probably coil pack, i've changed 2 on mine.

Clio 172
I also had mis-firing on my 172 and just removed leads and cleaned using brake cleaner and wd-40 incase of water ingress and it seems to idle and drive fine now. But problem may return but it is worth a try.