ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup unveiled

how much is it going to be?

I doubt it will be more than 15k TBH, and that would make it a bargain IMO :evil:

I wouldn't buy one personally, but it appears to be perfectly pitched at those who might. I bought a 182Cup so this kind of package is one that I might have chosen at the time. It'll be a cheap and quick/fun hot hatch for peanuts, so who gives a hoot? More power to them :)

By the way. Everyone who thinks cars are expensive, should work in the insudtry for a few weeks. When literally several hundred thousand pounds are spent on the smallest detail levels, it will all become obvious. I sometimes spend literally months working on the smallest stupid detail. I recently spent a few months working (just) on software that lets them inspect the sealer runs if they choose to. Thats a silly little aspect that cost someone about 50 grand. I got paid though :D

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Im having a test drive in a R27 soon as its the closest im gonna get to test driving a Cup....i don't think my local dealer is getting one as a demo.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Yeah well thats what im worried about....my mate works for SMC and he's been nagging me about the R27.

He may just make me an offer i can't refuse as its down to 13995....and i'll be putty if i happen love it!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i want a white cup so bad. recaros and a/c. all i need. it has central locking and a cd player. what else is there? nothing thats what! just a lovely car to drive to the max!!

but i don't know if i should or not. It would be nov 08 when i buy. By then i will be worknig only 2 miles from my house so will be donig 6k a year max... dunno if it would be worthwhile or not... :( (i reckon i will anyway though...)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well im prob not gonna be in the market till June 08. Will be interesting to see prices of them then.

Im thinking white with the speedlines but have them re coloured in the same white....a la Cup racer with no stickers...Mmmmmmmmmm.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
But I already told you what it was this morning. LOL.

I know, but newpress just c**ked up and put these up by mistake.

Im going to get in trouble for this, but its not my mistake...

231007-a-ren-.jpg

231007ren-.jpg

What on earth is that bottom picture all about? :S

It looks like a white Clio..... and that's it. Those little 14s probably would look good when the car comes to a stop though.

D.

172, Tiguan
Im having a test drive in a R27 soon as its the closest im gonna get to test driving a Cup....i don't think my local dealer is getting one as a demo.

If your interested give Richard in Renault sales a call at Crawley Down Renault, my best mate so ought to help him out! :D

He has an R27 as his demo and has ordered a white 197 Cup this morning as its replacement so its on its way.

The cup is £14,995 + options btw.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

If your interested give Richard in Renault sales a call at Crawley Down Renault, my best mate so ought to help him out! :D

He has an R27 as his demo and has ordered a white 197 Cup this morning as its replacement so its on its way.

The cup is £14,995 + options btw.

Oh really? Well if is having one on as a Demo then i shall definitely be investigating that.

Cheers for the heads up Jon.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Morning all

Im the one who works at Crawley Down Renault..

No White cup on its way im afraid. R26 in ultra Red ordered instead as has better spec as a demo.

Shame we're not getting a CUP as only 65 initial build slots.. Still, R27 is a much better value car ATM!!

An orange one
Morning all

Im the one who works at Crawley Down Renault..

No White cup on its way im afraid. R26 in ultra Red ordered instead as has better spec as a demo.

Shame we're not getting a CUP as only 65 initial build slots.. Still, R27 is a much better value car ATM!!

its just got a better spec full stop..

i can see quite why your not getting a demo in...people would come up and see the new 197 ooh yes...oh its a bit basic...hmmm

and go to the nearest mini dealer for a cooper S lol

R27 FTW! :D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TUESDAY 6TH NOVEMBER 2007[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RENAULT ANNOUNCES PRICE FOR
NEW CLIO RENAULTSPORT 197 CUP
[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New Clio Renaultsport 197 ‘Cup’ priced at £14,995 - £1,000 less than current standard Clio Renaultsport 197 [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Taller fifth and sixth gear ratios for more relaxed motorway cruising on all Clio Renaultsport 197 models[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Renault responds to customer demand and introduces new option of non-metallic white paint throughout the range at just £150[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]‘Cup’ chassis now available as an option on standard Clio Renaultsport 197[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ordering open now, in UK showrooms from December[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As the biggest market for Renaultsport cars, the UK’s love affair with the ever-popular hot hatch is set to increase even further as Renault throws down the gauntlet to its rivals with ordering now open for the eagerly-awaited Clio Renaultsport 197 Cup, priced at just £14,995 - £1,000 less than the standard version.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The ‘Cup’ chassis, which made its debut on the limited edition Clio Renaultsport 197 F1 Team R27, has already received immense acclaim and Renault is confident that the Clio Renaultsport 197 Cup will repeat the success of its predecessors, the much-loved Clio Renaultsport 172 Cup and 182 Cup. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Both cars endeared themselves to many enthusiasts who could do without some of the luxury equipment of the normal car in search of more performance and the added benefit of a lower price. The Clio Renaultsport 197 Cup is designed to have a similar effect with some new changes, such as the removal of heavier equipment to enhance performance and reduce price. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Performance as standard[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Cup chassis has been specifically designed to deliver top performance and handling, with a 7mm reduction in ride height to enhance performance when cornering, uprated springs by + 27% at the front and + 30% at the rear and stiffer dampers (+10%) for enhanced handling, steering precision and stability.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With immediate effect, for more relaxed motorway driving, the Cup models, as well as the rest of the Clio Renaultsport range, feature taller fifth and sixth gear ratios, raised from 16.1 mph/ 1,000 rpm to 17.1 in fifth and from 18.9 mph/ 1,000 to 20.5 in sixth.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The 197 Cup has been stripped down to its bare essentials, ensuring it is all about performance at a very competitive price. The interior dashboard and centre console has been taken from Renault’s entry-level Clio Extreme model, whilst some items of equipment, which come as standard on the Clio Renaultsport 197, air conditioning and curtain airbags have been moved to the options list for the Cup version, priced at £525 and £200 respectively. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The two other options available for the Clio Renaultsport 197 Cup are Renault i.d. 17” Speedline alloy wheels in satin black at £175 and, in keeping with ‘Cup’ tradition, lightweight Renaultsport Recaro seats at £850. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Other equipment such as cruise control, speed limiter and electric door mirrors, have been removed entirely or replaced. For example, the Renault Hands Free keycard with steering wheel height and reach adjustment. The Cup has a traditional standard key with remote-control door locking. The steering wheel has height adjustment only.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Stand out from the crowd[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Clio Renaultsport 197 Cup will be instantly identifiable with its red Brembo brake calipers, 17” Anthracite alloy wheels and exclusive ‘Cup’ badges on the base of the B-pillar in line with the rear windows.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To ensure the car stands out from the crowd even further, the Cup is only available in three colours. Non-metallic Racing Blue is standard, whilst metallic Nimbus (grey) is a £360 option. For the first time ever, and in response to customer demand, particularly from the lively Community Forum on www.renaultsport.co.uk, Renault is offering the option of ‘i.d.’ (individual design) Glacier White on the Clio Renaultsport 197 Cup, priced at £150.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New options for standard Clio Renaultsport 197[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There are a number of new options available on the standard Clio Renaultsport 197 including the ‘Cup’ chassis, a £400 option on the standard Clio Renaultsport 197, which includes the 17” Anthracite dark-grey alloy wheels and red brake calipers.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To make the exterior of your 197 even sportier, there are a number of ‘i.d.’ options available including Speedline wheels in black with satin finish (£175). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Available to order now[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The New Clio Renaultsport 197 Cup is available to order now at just £14,995 - £1,000 less than the standard version.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Insurance groups are still to be confirmed, but are expected to be competitive. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Customers can find out more information by visiting their nearest Renault dealer or logging on to www.renaultsport.co.uk. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ENDS [/FONT]

Leon Cupra 300
It doesn't seem to offer any more than the R27! Must be able to get some deals on that... Can you spec xenons?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Renault responds to customer demand and introduces new option of non-metallic white paint throughout the range at just £150

i presumed that means ff and cup tbh.

Quote-The steering has height adjustment only.

Does the 197 have height and reach adjustment?
cheers.

edit-sorry just noticed it does!

Last edited:
  A4 Avant
I know Rich, I can't believe they want people to pay extra for a flat colour!! Metallic or pearlesant fair enough.

Also is it me, or is the cup more about how much money they can save when making the car rather than reducing weight?

106 GTi
I know Rich, I can't believe they want people to pay extra for a flat colour!! Metallic or pearlesant fair enough.

Also is it me, or is the cup more about how much money they can save when making the car rather than reducing weight?

Indeed - The later is no different to the 182 Cup though.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Racing blue all the way :)

To be honest I'd have expected it to either be cheaper or offer a lot more in the performance stakes :( By the time you've added on air con and recaros it's hitting broker R27 prices. Although will be interesting to see how much these go for at the brokers...

Various
Anyone who purchased an R27 for £13,995 must be laghing their ass off.

Why anyone would get the cup over an R27 for £1000 less they must be totally bonkers.

If the Cup was 150kgs lighter then i can kind of see the point, but its not.

Madness i tell you.

What do i care i went for a John Cooper Works Mini in the end.