ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup unveiled

How many times are people going to write the latest Renaultsport off before the darn thing has even hit the roads?! You would think (eventually) that people would learn...

The Trophy got a severe hammering (and I got bored of the negativity), usually along the lines of 'a new colour and Trophy stickers, great', loads of people completely ignored the suspension upgrades in the spec and just went 'lack-of-turbo-mad', and yet it turns out to be one of the best reviewed hot-hatches in a decade.

It just seems to happen over and over, and even if Renault don't get it quite perfect first time around (original Megane 225) they appear to listen and don't seem to hang around in making it a whole lot better.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
How many times are people going to write the latest Renaultsport off before the darn thing has even hit the roads?! You would think (eventually) that people would learn...

The Trophy got a severe hammering (and I got bored of the negativity), usually along the lines of 'a new colour and Trophy stickers, great', loads of people completely ignored the suspension upgrades in the spec and just went 'lack-of-turbo-mad', and yet it turns out to be one of the best reviewed hot-hatches in a decade.

It just seems to happen over and over, and even if Renault don't get it quite perfect first time around (original Megane 225) they appear to listen and don't seem to hang around in making it a whole lot better.

Spot on, i love the Trophy, bar the colour :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

i agree but the trophy had the dampers wat does the new cup have to offer? tbh i will end of getting one anyway for a new car thats if mpg can be improved

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Autocar are reporting a 20kg loss.

26kg with the seats, tbh if you are going to make something up then take a decent guess.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
According to Autocar its gonna cost about £15k.

Funny thing is they also reckon its gonna be on sale mid October. If thats the case then why do the Renault dealers have as much info on the car as we do?
Nothing is actually confirmed yet.

Lee

BMW M2C
You would be amazed at how late the dealers find out things. I had to tell Renault Birmingham the Trophy existed and give them the note number so they could look it up on the system!

Autocar are in the know......

top of the pyramid
pmsl at this thread, i think it would look better with turinis Like the rally car. Can you get the cup in grey btw would look better than white couple of week and its out

200 cup (van blanc)
i am thinking of getting rid of my 225 cup....i think this is the ideal replacement mmmmmm ............racing blue or white????

20k weight saving? that's pathetic :(

and because the car weighs more than the last generation of Clios, the weight saving is a significantly less percentage than the 1*2 cups!

shame, I was actually interested in this car.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
5th and 6th are being revised. so will be slightly better but still a little bit annoying.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
nah i just saw it pop to the top on the main page. thought i'd take a look :)

plus i've posted less times than you in it. ;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Yeah its gonna have taller 5th and 6th ratios as Seb says so it drops the revs approx 250rpm over the standard car.

Im definitely lining myself up for one of these....its all in the test drive whether or not i commit to it.

'18 Megane dci
So, the full title is something like.... deep breath...

Mk3 Renault Sport Clio 200 World Series by Renault !!!

Good grief.

Still a great looking car, can't wait to read/watch a test.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Oops this thread passed me by. God knows how...I like the new Glacier White, just not sure I like it with black wheels. Guess its a taste thing!

I want!!!

Focus ST3
Will there be a RS twingo cup ever? Thats actually about the same size as the old RS clios, so might have a chance of getting a decent power to weight.

The current clio has moved up into the above size class/weight so no forced induction means limp performance. Looks nice though.

Give the megane RS~250PS, a turbod clio~210 and the twingo for NA purists.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
i like the look of the car but dont like the look of the rear bumper with all the black plastic, to me it looks cheap and makes the car look like a 4x4,
but then again i'v no taste lol

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Will there be a RS twingo cup ever? Thats actually about the same size as the old RS clios, so might have a chance of getting a decent power to weight.

Should be about the same size as it's based on the older 172/182 floorplan/chassis if I'm not mistaken?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
But I already told you what it was this morning. LOL.

I know, but newpress just cocked up and put these up by mistake.

Im going to get in trouble for this, but its not my mistake...

231007-a-ren-.jpg

231007ren-.jpg