ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182_steve's FF 182 progress thread!

It's interesting people say this (which is totally fine :up:) as I look at it on the standard wheels now and think how the Turini's look a million times better, I don't know, the standard wheels look a bit more boring with the thick spokes and just the overall design I guess.

It's all good though, I still like them afterall........ i'll never sell them, especially as they are literally worth more to me to keep than to sell so the option will always be there to have a change if I like :cool:

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Looks perfect on the turinis :up: I do like the silver standard wheels they suit the car really well! The engine bay looks miles better mate I really need to get my arse into gear and do mine!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Been a good day on the car today with both the freshly powder coated upper inlet and fuel rail guard being fitted. @T9 0LLE was on top form and did all the work for me, top man! :up: Needless to say, the difference is night and day. Makes me think "why didn't I do it sooner?" !!

With the engine cover off, it was clear to see what was on the car needed replacing;

View attachment 1343119

Then, when *trying* to take a serious photo, someone photobombs it! 😂

View attachment 1343120

Then it was a case of getting it all stripped down ready to fit the shiney new parts;

View attachment 1343121

Good to see the RS inlet in place!

View attachment 1343122

Mr. OCD clean here didn't think to clean and wash out the inlet prior to fitting, so Ollie was straight on it.
In my defence, I did only pick it up last night lol!

View attachment 1343123

Quick drying method straight from the book of man maths;

View attachment 1343124

Then the finished item, all done and sorted. Took a wee bit longer than expected, but for a proper job, you can't rush these things!

Well chuffed with the finished results, just needed the engine cover re-fitted;

View attachment 1343125

......... job done!

View attachment 1343126

View attachment 1343127

My fav photo from the morning.................... :cool:

View attachment 1343128

View attachment 1343129

Perfect !

The sun was shining today and the roads were clear, so thought i'd get the car out for a blast........ and get some photos too of course :wink:

38467716226_dd2baa2b7d_b.jpg

37808063374_ac4222406e_b.jpg

26747931719_704379e55a_b.jpg

38491941932_c958aea187_b.jpg

Full set can be found here;

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/updated-photos-of-the-arctic.813638/

Well here we are at the end of 2017 with the last update of the year on New Year's Eve. I use the word 'update' loosely.......... the car has not seen daylight or the road since the photos were taken in the last post back in November! But it's still there sitting pretty, clean and tidy with the battery charger on, waiting for the better weather. Got the things I wanted to do done this year, what with the Engine Dynamics mapping, upper inlet being powder coated and a few other little bits.

Plans for 2018 are small, just keep on top of the maintenance, keep it minty fresh clean, use it a bit more, i'm looking into a private plate for it at the moment and want to replace the shocks for brand new genuine Renault ones at some point. Nothing major. Maybe stick a cam in it? Maybe go after more power? Who knows...........

Happy new year all! :cool:

p1040833_zpsguaxowtb-jpg.jpg

The new year, new car parts thing has started well........... with two things i've always said I wouldn't do to the car, done! 😂

A) private plate
B) smaller front plate

I choose not to show my car's plates online (after having a previous car cloned a few years back), but it's nothing fancy, just my initials. Went to fancyplates to have them made and very happy with the speed of their service and quality of the plates. Nice and plain, no borders, flags, slogans or any of that and UK legal font.

Standard sized plates come in at 520mm x 110mm and my new custom front one isn't far off at 520mm x 94mm, so hopefully nothing that gets noticed too easily, yet sits in the recess of the front bumper perfectly with no over-hang and looks nice and neat :cool:

While adding some more info to my car's history folder, I thought i'd add to this thread some of the photos I have of my 182 from when it was owned by the previous owner, who had it for around 4 years between 2012 and 2016 (with it's old private plate now long gone from the car).

It saw a few colourful changes in that time before I got my 'oem' hands on it but I love stuff like this, it's all part of the car's history and not something I've had often in the past! :cool:

May 2012
Looking quite standard with original 182 wheels, wind deflectors and black window tints

39054519904_a12cd7fcfc_b.jpg

August 2012
'Renault' and 'Sport' badges removed and this photo shows the big boy Powerflow exhaust that was fitted at the time!

24894331587_5cf55a5fb9_b.jpg

November 2012
A change in wheels!

27985569859_e09953a164_b.jpg

August 2013
Another change in wheels!

24894331497_395450b1d8_b.jpg

June 2014
Another change in wheels!

27985569739_995b006448_b.jpg

February 2014
Back on the orange wheels for the winter

24894331417_e0b67c5ed3_b.jpg

March 2014
Back on the white wheels for the better weather

24894331357_294827e3b9_b.jpg

June 2015
Now fitted with the original 182 wheels in silver that would still be on the car when I purchased it nearly a year later in May 2016

39054519044_4236d94507_b.jpg

So Sunday evening last weekend was the first trip out in the Clio since the 19th November, having been in it's winter hibernation. Pleased to report it fired up on the button, no issues at all and mannn it felt fast!! To be honest, it ran like it had just been out recently! It's dusty from sitting in the garage for two months, but more on how i'll sort that later.

Moving on, a couple of weeks ago I finally made up my mind that I wanted a PMS shifter for the car. Been 50/50 about this since pretty much last summer!! Anyway, the group buy on here was the icing the cake to finally get one, what with getting 10% off the normal price etc. Then came the announcement it would be a 8 week wait for the new batch due to the existing stock running low!! So me being me, I didn't want to wait that long and I decided to pull out of the group buy and buy one of the existing stock at full price. Totally my own choice and I was happy to do so. Within 48 hours, it was here!

39124248345_3524f303aa_b.jpg

I'm not taking anything out of the bags until it get's fitted as I don't want to risk any paint chips or marks etc.

I've also decided to give the PMS vibration reducer for the gear linkage kits a go as well as it was a relatively low cost item and if it helps noise/vibrations in the car at higher revs be lower, i'm all for it! Will be interested to see if this makes a difference;

39124247985_1cf8a10508_b.jpg

To go with the shifter, I have a brand new genuine gaiter to go on the car which I bought last year but to date, hadn't fitted yet;

28243179709_f63579bbd2_b.jpg

I've been told my cat might have to come off to enable fitment of the shifter so just to cover all bases, I've bought this genuine exhaust fitting kit so that a few spare parts are there if needed when it all goes back together;

28243179509_5cb3087ef5_b.jpg

I also bought this a couple of weeks ago from PMS! I'm unsure if i'll use it as some days I think they look good, other days I like the front left well alone. But we'll see! I have one now. Fitting hasn't been helped by the thread on the car being rusty and old and not allowing the tow eye to be screwed all the way in!!

40021904451_582d97340a_b.jpg

Last but not least, a few friends have recently bought this kit from Halfords and all say it's given really good results! Not a bad little result for Auto Finesse having a high street brand pick up their products. I'm usually all for Autobrite products, but at only £23 ish on Halford's 'sale' price, it's a bargain for what you're getting so I had to join the party and get one too :smile: Will try it all out on the Clio very soon all being well!

39124247715_94775cbb48_b.jpg

I'm hoping to get the PMS shifter etc all fitted within the next couple of weeks, so fingers crossed, all goes to plan!

:up:

RB Clio 182
So Sunday evening last weekend was the first trip out in the Clio since the 19th November, having been in it's winter hibernation. Pleased to report it fired up on the button, no issues at all and mannn it felt fast!! To be honest, it ran like it had just been out recently! It's dusty from sitting in the garage for two months, but more on how i'll sort that later.

Moving on, a couple of weeks ago I finally made up my mind that I wanted a PMS shifter for the car. Been 50/50 about this since pretty much last summer!! Anyway, the group buy on here was the icing the cake to finally get one, what with getting 10% off the normal price etc. Then came the announcement it would be a 8 week wait for the new batch due to the existing stock running low!! So me being me, I didn't want to wait that long and I decided to pull out of the group buy and buy one of the existing stock at full price. Totally my own choice and I was happy to do so. Within 48 hours, it was here!

39124248345_3524f303aa_b.jpg

I'm not taking anything out of the bags until it get's fitted as I don't want to risk any paint chips or marks etc.

I've also decided to give the PMS vibration reducer for the gear linkage kits a go as well as it was a relatively low cost item and if it helps noise/vibrations in the car at higher revs be lower, i'm all for it! Will be interested to see if this makes a difference;

39124247985_1cf8a10508_b.jpg

To go with the shifter, I have a brand new genuine gaiter to go on the car which I bought last year but to date, hadn't fitted yet;

28243179709_f63579bbd2_b.jpg

I've been told my cat might have to come off to enable fitment of the shifter so just to cover all bases, I've bought this genuine exhaust fitting kit so that a few spare parts are there if needed when it all goes back together;

28243179509_5cb3087ef5_b.jpg

I also bought this a couple of weeks ago from PMS! I'm unsure if i'll use it as some days I think they look good, other days I like the front left well alone. But we'll see! I have one now. Fitting hasn't been helped by the thread on the car being rusty and old and not allowing the tow eye to be screwed all the way in!!

40021904451_582d97340a_b.jpg

Last but not least, a few friends have recently bought this kit from Halfords and all say it's given really good results! Not a bad little result for Auto Finesse having a high street brand pick up their products. I'm usually all for Autobrite products, but at only £23 ish on Halford's 'sale' price, it's a bargain for what you're getting so I had to join the party and get one too :smile: Will try it all out on the Clio very soon all being well!

39124247715_94775cbb48_b.jpg

I'm hoping to get the PMS shifter etc all fitted within the next couple of weeks, so fingers crossed, all goes to plan!

:up:
Good update mate, im jealous of the shifter, i really want one, but to me it seems a lot of money for what it is, although its a great piece of kit and transforms the gear feel/change.

Looking forward to hearing your reviews on it and the anti vibration kit, it may persuade me :)

Cheers mate! Yes I know what you mean, it IS a lot of money but sooo many people rate them so highly and they always seem to be selling them so I thought sod it! I have the added bonus of already seeing and feeling one fitted in @T9 0LLE car. That all said, I was all for a BMS shifter to be honest, not because it was over £100 cheaper but because I thought it might not be so hardcore. I mean my car isn't exactly driven that hard! But it's just a mission to get one, I missed out on a brand new unused one for sale on here by like 20 minutes and have also tried messaging the guy who makes them on here and on facebook with zero response. So thought stuff it, i'll just get the ever popular PMS :up:

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
I reckon the shifter will be the best thing you’ve fitted as people say they are excellent bar the vibration. Be good to see the difference in having it fitted and not. Sure it depends on where you put it on the kit aswell regards how well it works.

I’m waiting for a BMS shifter to pop up.

Tow eye, need to see it on I think. Front end looks a lot better cleaner.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
All the stuff you said you wouldn’t do you’ve done... so when’s it going to ED for turbo?? I’m well chuffed with my auto finesse collection and as you’ve seen on my car it works so well... but I’ll have to wait an see how well the damper works on your shifter.
I am a firm believer of no nipple rings on Clio’s mate!! Unless specifically being used on track obviously lol

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Nice updates. That's a good price for the Auto finesse gear, wish I'd seen that!
A bit poor from PMS that they wouldn't dip into existing stock for the group buy, once they found out it'd be a 2 month wait- wouldn't be happy about that.
Still, looks a great bit of gear and wouldn't mind one myself :relieved:

You'll have to let me know how you get on with the PMS and the anti vibration. I really want one..

Will do, keep an eye on my thread bud - fingers crossed it'll be on within a couple of weeks. I've seen sooooo many cars on here with the PMS shifter fitted but never a mention of the anti vibration thingy so thought it was worth a punt!

Nice update Steve. Once it's in, I'll have to come and feel your knob 😂

Would like to see what it's like as people rave so much about it. The PMS that is, not your knob 😂

😂😂 I accept all compliments........... haha I know what you mean Jon, fingers crossed it's a good buy!

All the stuff you said you wouldn’t do you’ve done... so when’s it going to ED for turbo?? I’m well chuffed with my auto finesse collection and as you’ve seen on my car it works so well... but I’ll have to wait an see how well the damper works on your shifter.

Yep you're not wrong mate, I should have just shut up in regards to the things I apparently 'never was going to do' but I still say no to the turbo sadly, just due to the cost. Now where did I leave that lottery scratch card................

Nice updates. That's a good price for the Auto finesse gear, wish I'd seen that

Pop into the local Halfords and have a look, I only bought mine yesterday :up:

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Is it fitted yet?! They are supposed to be awesome it was next on my list of parts, but i sold up lol.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
You won't be disappointed with the PMS :up: Will be interested to see what it's like with the anti vibration fitted, are you going to try it without first to see if it does make a difference?

RB Clio 182
You won't be disappointed with the PMS :up: Will be interested to see what it's like with the anti vibration fitted, are you going to try it without first to see if it does make a difference?
Good idea that, also shouldnt the anti vibration be a part of the kit now to rectify the vibrating problem?

Or do they think some people will like it to vibrate like a rampant rabbit on steroids?

It just seems bizarre to me that they are selling something seperate to make more money to fix one of their design flaws.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Good idea that, also shouldnt the anti vibration be a part of the kit now to rectify the vibrating problem?
Or do they think some people will like it to vibrate like a rampant rabbit on steroids?
It just seems bizarre to me that they are selling something seperate to make more money to fix one of their design flaws.

I personally don't think the vibration/noise is that bad although I don't daily mine, it is a solid linkage though so you are always going to get noise and vibrations, I guess if they were in a stripped out track car it's just another noise along with everything else 😂 I have thought before they should offer it in the kit and reduce the price if you opt out of having it depending on what kind of car you are fitting it in. One of the best things I have fitted in my 172 Cup :up:

RB Clio 182
I personally don't think the vibration/noise is that bad although I don't daily mine, it is a solid linkage though so you are always going to get noise and vibrations, I guess if they were in a stripped out track car it's just another noise along with everything else 😂 I have thought before they should offer it in the kit and reduce the price if you opt out of having it depending on what kind of car you are fitting it in. One of the best things I have fitted in my 172 Cup :up:
Id love one mate, but other things keep cropping up, with the latest one being paying for the stepdaughter to go abroad for two weeks with her freind and parents, plus spending money :cry:

Is it fitted yet?! They are supposed to be awesome it was next on my list of parts, but i sold up lol.

As above, won't be getting fitted for a couple of weeks :up:

Nope, it's going straight on when the PMS is fitted bud, anything that helps reduce noise and vibrations i'm all for so not going to mess about having to put it on later.

Id love one mate, but other things keep cropping up, with the latest one being paying for the stepdaughter to go abroad for two weeks with her freind and parents, plus spending money :cry:

I know what you mean, always something to take the money away from the things you REALLY want to spend it on 🙈

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I know what you mean, just paid my tax bill 😢

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Nope, it's going straight on when the PMS is fitted bud, anything that helps reduce noise and vibrations i'm all for so not going to mess about having to put it on later.

Will be interesting to see what it's like, I have heard people say it makes a difference and others who said it didn't although you don't know how they have fitted and where etc. Are you going to fit it or is someone doing it for you?

Will be interesting to see what it's like, I have heard people say it makes a difference and others who said it didn't although you don't know how they have fitted and where etc. Are you going to fit it or is someone doing it for you?

There's a mechanic at the local Renault dealer who's worked on a few of our cars round here and he is going to fit it for me, he's fitted one before so fingers crossed it all goes well and is a simple-ish job

If set up well it should have minimal if any vibration.

This what i'm really hoping for!!

Going to see how you get on with yours before I pull the trigger on buying one.

All good mate :up: for only 30 quid ish, hoping it's a good investment. Basically changes the resonant frequency to a higher RPM that is out of normal cruising speed so when doing 60/70mph will be hoping for very little vibration