ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 how fast

Shed.
Here we go.....depends on the driver, gearing, weight, wheels....

Try it and see what happens (somewhere safe and legal). As with most cars of internal combustion fashion, yes, you have to rev the car to hit the top speed.

because we all drive at the sp[eed limits.

Just go do it. I use my local dual carrageway lol.

Clio 172 Monaco Blue 7/46
Did 140 in mine, completely standard 172 FF. Was on a private road of course but it did feel like it wanted a bit more. Felt nothing like the 170 i did in the Murcielago on a track day but then again i barely felt like i was moving in that thing - absolutely immense car.

slightly off topic but sat up a type-r's @rse for a bit this morning but backed off as the road surface wasnt so good, nice to know one can keep up although he looked like he was starting to pull away slightly

Gearbox is geared for 138mph.

No Clio in standard guise is gonna top that despite all the outrageous claims ;)

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
dunno i reached 170 but had to back of due to a lambo not moving over

Gearbox is geared for 138mph.

No Clio in standard guise is gonna top that despite all the outrageous claims ;)

how can 148 and 153 on gps be reached then?

raised limiter to 12k? lol

nah, seriously though I'd have thought they were geared for about 150 on the clocks as standard which would be just over 140? The Ph1's have an even taller gear set though, mines not even at the normal 6.8k limiter at 150 in 5th iirc

VaVa
Gearbox on 172 ph2 is geared for 144. 148 on 182. With standard limiter of course.

All very interesting but completely pointless. My 172 races up to a bout 120-125 then hits a brick wall tbh. That's where most (more powerful) cars come sailing past in my experience.

A high speed dragster the clio is not. The aerodynamics and handling stablility at those speeds is similar to that of a rollerskate. lol

50 mph roundabouts on the other hand..... are where the Clio was born to play!

Clio 197
my shiftlight comes on at 140mph on the dials which is about 135 ish so that sounds about right

I always found that annoying. Cruising along with that little light telling me to shift up.

Someone told me to shift into R for race at that point, but I never dared.

Burgandy 174 sport t
I have hit the limiter in 5th once in my old bus and it was just over the 150 mark on the speedo so whats that 145?