ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Turbo - Track Car

Cup Turbo, Flamer
It only bloody looks like a car again!!!
Outside the MOT station...
0C8444D5-65F8-4675-BC19-BDB73EE8B7CD.jpg

Cup Turbo, Flamer
When's mapping?
Next week hopefully! Car is going up to Will this evening so work can commence next week. There's a few niggly bits that he's hopefully sorting out too, bit of wiring nothing major. Hopefully not long before I see it again!

Shall we start a BHP sweepstake?! What do people think....

Monaco 172
Ive just read read this from the start.. wow what a journey!! truly terrifying the people that offer their "expertise" to people. Hats off to you for your patience and persistance sir. I truly hope you enjoy it when its all done.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Ive just read read this from the start.. wow what a journey!! truly terrifying the people that offer their "expertise" to people. Hats off to you for your patience and persistance sir. I truly hope you enjoy it when its all done.

Thanks! It's been a much harder and longer journey than I originally thought! Hopefully it won't be long now before I can drive it and give it some full power!

Ooooo! I had 345 in my head!

Cup Turbo, Flamer
As I'm bored I thought us go through some paperwork for the car. Some facts and figures for you!

In 10 years I have gone through/changed (inc standard items)

5 x exhausts
3 x different sets of seats
3 x clutches
1 x gearbox rebuild
6 x set of front discs
5 x front pads
3 x rear brakes and pads
1 x engine swap (turbo)
6 x different sets of wheels
1 x owner lol
1 x suspension
4 x sets of springs

Also went through the history and spec of the turbo lump and have receipts totalling 13.5k!!! Glad I haven't spent anywhere near that! Ouchy!

Good news is after selling the unwanted bits off the red one, selling it on etc, I've pretty much broke even. So to get me to a 300+ spec engine has cost very little.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
What are you doing to that car! In 12 years mine had hardly any of that. Only changed rear disks and pads at 80k. Still on the the same clutch.
Going for its 4th cambelt in feb tho!

Cup Turbo, Flamer
That turbo spools plenty quick enough. Feel awesome.

I've forgotten what it feels like TBH!

What are you doing to that car! In 12 years mine had hardly any of that. Only changed rear disks and pads at 80k. Still on the the same clutch.
Going for its 4th cambelt in feb tho!

Haha! You track yours?

It's had a pretty hard life and spent most of it on track. Equally it's been well looked after. Original clutch went as I was being chav at USC when I was 18 doing burnouts (badly), 2nd time the helix release bearing failed on the group N, 3rd time was just housekeeping due to the box coming our for the syncros to be done!

I went through 2 years of doing a lot of track days, I was running Carbon Lorraines so was going through a fair few sets of dics lol

Cup Turbo, Flamer
So a little update....
The car was driven up to Will's in Leeds and made it in one piece with no dramas! Wooop!
The car was booked on the dyno yesterday but due to little teething problems it had to be cancelled. Below is the list of teething issues....
  • Throttle body decided to give up so a new/second hand one had to be sourced. Meant to turn up Tuesday but turned up Wednesday afternoon
  • Looks as though voltage was low when it was mapped previously. Will/Mike fixed some wiring issues from the alternator which now means its getting bang on 14.5v. When lights and other electrical items were on it seemed to drain voltage and injectors weren't getting full voltage, I think it was mapped previously to cover this up, rather than fix the issue!
  • Idle speed is a tad erratic. Will has set idle the idle speed, turns car off, turns on and it changes. Not by much at all, but Will being a self confessed perfectionist he wants to know why! lol! Possible small vacuum leak.
All of the above are very small things, which he didn't seem overly worried about, which is reassuring! Car is being taken out on the road next week for a bit of road mapping before the dyno is booked again, just to make sure all these little demons are found and dealt with before full on dyno business is started!

Reactions: Chi
  Cup Turbo, Flamer
Funnily enough I've just seen that too, so tempted to rip into him and post pictures to the page of how he left my car. But to be honest, I just can't be bothered, he isn't worth my time.