ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Turbo - Track Car

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Crank seal and mapping. Meant to be at a Brands trackday on the 2nd July, cant see that happening now :mad:

I was told at the beginning of June that I'd have it back way before then, called today and no progress to report. I may have to look for alternative options if it continues I guess!

172 cup, Impreza P1
I would, that's not good service any way you look at it.

Fix the seal yourself and take it to scoff at EFI parts for mapping gets my vote.

PH1 loads of boost!
Crank seal and mapping. Meant to be at a Brands trackday on the 2nd July, cant see that happening now :mad:

I was told at the beginning of June that I'd have it back way before then, called today and no progress to report. I may have to look for alternative options if it continues I guess!
Johnc172 ClioTurbo.co.uk ;)

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Ha! Cheers for the alternatives! I may have some long road trips planned if I don't get good news this week!

Many.
You're capable of swapping engines, you're capable of changing a crank seal, at least its the easier one of the two!

Mapping is still the pain I admit.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
No Update.

Can't contact garage, no idea where the build is, no idea what's left to do or what needs to be done. Cars been there 3 months, been trying for 1 month to contact them.

MOT and Tax runs out in August....then what....no way of getting the car home. Wonderful.

My only option now is to just turn up. Which means finding childcare for my 2 year old as my wife works on Saturdays and I work during the week, then a 2 hour drive to get to the garage, to not even know if they're open as I can't contact them, then a 2 hour drive back!!

Joke.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Here's a few pics of the clutch, burn marks and all! Also have an oil leak from the return back to get sump, currently being looked into.

Again, bad news, but best it's found now (positive thoughts!!)

31747B97-6C70-4596-B561-FB6DEF6F7C23.jpg

8B401F77-3388-48F2-8330-24F5582F7E19.jpg

1518CAB1-DCC1-464D-BF95-A0F74497CAEA.jpg

841240F3-F2D4-4A34-BDBD-25187A911AB6.jpg

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Just looked back through the history and the clutch has lasted 5 years, which to be fair is quite good I think, it's had a tough life by he looks of things too!

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Probably a noob question but what's a paddle clutch and why?
Looks expensive.
My cup is on its original clutch. 120k and 11 years on.

Im not sure on the finer details but just know it can handle the extra power torque, not really sure why! Lol!

Small update... Engine was being put back together and back in last week, but as always communication is an issue, goes through stages of good, then nothing.

Ill just keep pestering and hope for the best

Cup Turbo, Flamer
So now that I'm picking up a half done car from Bedford on Saturday 6th September, I'm back at square one and need to find a reputable garage who can help me out!

Engine is bolted in, no fluids and pipe work half back in. Still not mapped and no idea about the oil leaks, I hope they've been sorted if the engine is back in. This is all I know, and won't know more until I see the car!

My plan us go pick up the car from Bedford and go straight to a new place, to save on hiring another trailer etc.

Recommendations needed....I think clioturbo is a bit too far for me which is real shame, other options are Rs tuning, Efi parts, any others??

Ideally open Saturdays too as that's when I need to drop it off....

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Don't think EFI do mechanical work. Can you not just do it yourself?

Could do but still need it mapped.

I'm trying to avoid hiring a trailer twice really, so in my head thought I could pick the car up, and take it straight to a place that could finish the mechanicals and then map it!

As I'm already travelling from Kent to Bedford, going from Bedford to Leeds for example wouldn't be such a trek!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
What about Engine Dynamics they do a lot of engine builds and turbo conversions shouldnt be too far out the way for you ?

172 cup, Impreza P1
If I were you I'd get take it to the best place you can for the mechanicals and then the best place you can for the mapping. Cutting corners doesn't seem to be getting you anywhere so far.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
How have I cut corners so far?! Lol!

I'm trying to avoid hiring a trailer twice, if the option isn't there for a one stop shop, then I will be doing exactly as you say. 1 place for mechanical, another for mapping.

I'm merely asking for options

172 cup, Impreza P1
All I'm saying is the first place you went to was a poor choice by the sounds of things.

If it involves a bit of travelling then so be it. Personally, I'd go to one of the traders mentioned for the mechanicals and use Scoff for the mapping.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
All I'm saying is the first place you went to was a poor choice by the sounds of things.

If it involves a bit of travelling then so be it. Personally, I'd go to one of the traders mentioned for the mechanicals and use Scoff for the mapping.

Unfortunately it was a poor choice (hindsight being a great thing!)but saying I cut corners was a low blow lol! I will take it wherever it needs to go yo get done properly

Nice build! Some performance!!!

Thanks, I'm hoping so when it's fine!